Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Respirator Question
Forum Index -> Body/Paint Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
GB2S
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:39 am    Post subject: Respirator Question Reply with quote

I am going to be doing some projects around the house that will produce a lot of dust and possibly mold spores, I don't thing the paper masks would be a good idea,
I am also want to do some sanding, cleaning, and painting of my VW. So I want to know what respirator do I buy? Are these 2 different projects requiring 2 different respirators. or will one do?

Thanks for the help

Geoff
theKbStockpiler
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Respirator Question Reply with quote

The manufacturers of masks have a list or a chart of what the mask will protect you from. Wink

https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/company-us/all-3m-prod...&rt=r3
Evil_Fiz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Respirator Question Reply with quote

I have been using this mask: 3M 62023HA1-C Professional Multi-Purpose Respirator, Medium
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002NMICB2/?coliid=I205D..._lig_dp_it

... and these refills: 3M Organic Vapor/Acid Gas Cartridge/Filter 60923, P100 Respiratory Protection
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AEFCKKY/?coliid=I3LK5..._lig_dp_it

When the cartridges get old I relegate them to dust mask duty. They have worked exceptionally well at keeping out paint remover fumes, phosphoric acid vapors, Tilex fumes, sand blasting dust, and sawdust. I can't speak to their effectiveness against mold spores. Follow theKbStockpiler's advice and research the different cartridges. The half face mask is good for most tasks. For painting in an enclosed space a full face mask or fresh air system are your safest option.

Keep the cartriges in a sealed zip-loc when not in use to extend their service life.

-----
Emil

See my build on TheSamba at:
The K_R_A_K_E_N_N : a 70 Ghia Convertible reinterpreted
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Body/Paint All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: