Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Celestina 1965 from Croatia
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
realfirefighter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:42 am    Post subject: Celestina 1965 from Croatia Reply with quote

Hi there, I am happy to put same photo of my bug from 1965 6volt bought from first owner with original engine (I have zertifikat) Duration of complete restauration about 1,5 year.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

HERE LINK OF RESTAURATION VIDEO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ta1LOnzEIWg&t=886s

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
gt1953
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:38 am    Post subject: Re: Celestina 1965 from Croatia Reply with quote

Nice work performed on the vehicle. I like it a lot. The dash clock is pretty neet. You must have sourced out some of the accessories for sure. I will finally say what an attractive woman also...does she get to drive the vehicle?

72 type 1
72 Squareback
({59 Euro bug, 62, 63, 67, 68, 69, 73 type ones 68 & 69 type two, 68 Ghia all sold})
Pruneman99
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:11 am    Post subject: Re: Celestina 1965 from Croatia Reply with quote

Wonderful car. It's super clean!

Croatia is on my list of places to visit. How's the VW scene there?
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:07 am    Post subject: Re: Celestina 1965 from Croatia Reply with quote

gt1953 wrote:
I will finally say what an attractive woman also...does she get to drive the vehicle?

Dress and tennis shoes is always nice.
1970 VW (owned since 1972) and 1971 VW Convertible (owned since 1976), second owner of each. The '71 now has the 1835 engine, swapped from the '70. Second owner of each. 1988 Mazda B2200 truck, 1998 Frontier, 2014 Yukon, 2004 Frontier King Cab. All manual transmission except for the Yukon. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335294 http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335297
67_13Deluxe
Samba Resident Alien

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:07 am    Post subject: Re: Celestina 1965 from Croatia Reply with quote

Nice beetle. What is that Meko thing on the dash?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
realfirefighter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:36 am    Post subject: Re: Celestina 1965 from Croatia Reply with quote

Pruneman99 wrote:
Wonderful car. It's super clean!

Croatia is on my list of places to visit. How's the VW scene there?

Hi
I hope that you came in Croatia Iam living in city of OPATIJA
https://www.visitopatija.com/hr (Iam very proud of my city).
Regarding scene in Croatia must say that is very good. (Maybe more vw meetings) otherwise ok.
realfirefighter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:39 am    Post subject: Re: Celestina 1965 from Croatia Reply with quote

67_13Deluxe wrote:
Nice beetle. What is that Meko thing on the dash?

thank you
https://www.google.hr/search?q=meko+km+boy&sou...iGTOipjLM:
I use it to control km between two refuling.
realfirefighter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:54 am    Post subject: Re: Celestina 1965 from Croatia Reply with quote

gt1953 wrote:
Nice work performed on the vehicle. I like it a lot. The dash clock is pretty neet. You must have sourced out some of the accessories for sure. I will finally say what an attractive woman also...does she get to drive the vehicle?

Hmm that is true very attractive woman,.She was posing because in my city was a celebration called "retro Opatija". The entire city was in a retro style
https://www.google.hr/search?q=retro+opatija&t...;ved=2ahUK
Pruneman99
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Celestina 1965 from Croatia Reply with quote

realfirefighter wrote:

Hmm that is true very attractive woman,.She was posing because in my city was a celebration called "retro Opatija". The entire city was in a retro style

The bug must have been the perfect car for a retro event. I like the two tone interior with cloth and leatherette. Was that a custom job or is that available for order?

You have a very beautiful city. You should be proud. It should be my turn to pick our next vacation spot. I'm pushing for Croatia. I've wanted to go for many years but somehow we end up somewhere the wife wants to go.. I'm not sure how I keep losing. Think
realfirefighter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Celestina 1965 from Croatia Reply with quote

Pruneman99 wrote:
realfirefighter wrote:

The bug must have been the perfect car for a retro event. I like the two tone interior with cloth and leatherette. Was that a custom job or is that available for order?

You have a very beautiful city. You should be proud. It should be my turn to pick our next vacation spot. I'm pushing for Croatia. I've wanted to go for many years but somehow we end up somewhere the wife wants to go.. I'm not sure how I keep losing. Think

Yes that was custom job. I did not find original cloth for seat (amazon green mosaic) but this cloth was most similar to the original
Emeraldlion
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Celestina 1965 from Croatia Reply with quote

I am really loving the single gauge grill to the left of speedometer. Was this an original accessory? Does anyone reproduce this?
Busstom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Celestina 1965 from Croatia Reply with quote

Yep, that's a beauty...love the clock! Applause
realfirefighter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Celestina 1965 from Croatia Reply with quote

Emeraldlion wrote:
I am really loving the single gauge grill to the left of speedometer. Was this an original accessory? Does anyone reproduce this?

Originaly was normal grill. I have bought the clock Kienzle motometer (e bay germany cca 260€), done some work to the grill and here is result. Now is another clock in bug, this one is for reserve

Emeraldlion
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Celestina 1965 from Croatia Reply with quote

Great job on that piece. Looks incredible!
Busstom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Celestina 1965 from Croatia Reply with quote

Can I ask what was your method?

It looks like maybe you overlaid a template and then brushed some form of resin or epoxy over the grill slots, then smoothed out and detailed the perimeter of the circle in the slots.
realfirefighter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:34 am    Post subject: Re: Celestina 1965 from Croatia Reply with quote

Busstom wrote:

It looks like maybe you overlaid a template and then brushed some form of resin or epoxy over the grill slots, then smoothed out and detailed the perimeter of the circle in the slots.

when I have cut the hole in the I have used pattex two component adhesive https://www.clevershower.de/Pattex-2-component-adhesive-48g and then brushed to to get the desired shape, and form.
56Cabrio
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:22 am    Post subject: Re: Celestina 1965 from Croatia Reply with quote

realfirefighter wrote:
Busstom wrote:

when I have cut the hole in the I have used pattex two component adhesive https://www.clevershower.de/Pattex-2-component-adhesive-48g and then brushed to to get the desired shape, and form.

Looks nice, almost like...
https://grumpysmetal.com/bug/bug-1957-63/gauge-bezel-single-hole-lhd.html

1956 Rag Top owned since 1988
1956 Convertible owned since 2000
1963 Hard Top

RIP Dad 4/20/1951 - 2/4/2023
bluebus86
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:38 am    Post subject: Re: Celestina 1965 from Croatia Reply with quote

Very Nice Bug! Thanks for the photos, love them!

Keep Bugging!

Red Bug Orange Bug Green Bug Orange Bug Orange Bug Green Bug Orange Bug Purple Bug Yellow 181 Red Bug Yellow 181 Red Bug Red Bug Purple Bug Green Bug Red Bug Orange Bug Red Bug Orange Bug Blue Bug Purple Bug Orange Bug

Stop introducing dirt into your oil when adjusting valves ... https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=683022
realfirefighter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Celestina 1965 from Croatia Reply with quote

bluebus86 wrote:
Very Nice Bug! Thanks for the photos, love them!

Keep Bugging!

Red Bug Orange Bug Green Bug Orange Bug Orange Bug Green Bug Orange Bug Purple Bug Yellow 181 Red Bug Yellow 181 Red Bug Red Bug Purple Bug Green Bug Red Bug Orange Bug Red Bug Orange Bug Blue Bug Purple Bug Orange Bug

Thank you very mutch
Busstom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Celestina 1965 from Croatia Reply with quote

realfirefighter wrote:
Busstom wrote:

Clever Wink
That's clean finishing, if you didn't reveal your technique, no one would've guessed, me thinks.
Thanks for your reply.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: