Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Emergency brake assembly the same as beetle? And what break line
Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tim MacDonald
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:37 pm    Post subject: Emergency brake assembly the same as beetle? And what break line Reply with quote

My thing needs an e brake handle and parts. Do beetle or Ghia ones fit? Also at cip1 they don’t list any metal break lines. Will beetle and Ghia ones work?
57 oval project barn find
88 cabriolet
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Semper_Dad
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Emergency brake assembly the same as beetle? And what break line Reply with quote

Thing Shop carries a brake hard line kit. So does ThingParts.com
Tim MacDonald
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Emergency brake assembly the same as beetle? And what break line Reply with quote

Thank you but I am hoping to buy in Canada to save shipping and exchange rate
88 cabriolet
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bashr52
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:57 am    Post subject: Re: Emergency brake assembly the same as beetle? And what break line Reply with quote

I believe either would work. Ghia and Thing pans are the same so I see no reason why the E-brake cables would be different.
mondshine
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:04 am    Post subject: Re: Emergency brake assembly the same as beetle? And what break line Reply with quote

My brake cables are PN 133609721.
In theory, they are 1752 mm long.
In the 30+ years I have owned this car, I have replaced those cables at least twice.
For some reason, it seems like they are always about an inch too long, and I find myself adjusting them almost all of the way down when they are brand new. I never figured that one out.

Good luck, Mondshine
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Tim MacDonald
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Emergency brake assembly the same as beetle? And what break line Reply with quote

Thank you. Its not the cables I want to know about but the whole hand brake assembly> this is what I need. Most of mine is missing

https://www.cip1.ca/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=VWC-113-798-305-N
88 cabriolet
mondshine
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Emergency brake assembly the same as beetle? And what break line Reply with quote

According to the information I have, all of the parts in the Thing handbrake lever assembly have 111 or 311 part numbers.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: