Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

HEI style vintage distributor cap
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
H2OSB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:25 pm    Post subject: Re: HEI style vintage distributor cap Reply with quote

Steve, you try finding the Ford Granada cap? I remember seeing those car driving around back in the day. About 3 posts up, the poster gives the Bosch p/n

H2OSB
Steve Arndt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:52 pm    Post subject: Re: HEI style vintage distributor cap Reply with quote

Yeah I tried searching that part #. I can only find overseas ebay sellers.
Lo Cash John
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:04 pm    Post subject: Re: HEI style vintage distributor cap Reply with quote

I suspect those WOULD be popular caps IF the price was right.

If you actually drive your VW, you need www.AirMapp.com

My boss told me I need to work on my mutli-tasking. So now when I use the bathroom at work I surf The Samba on my iPhone.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
H2OSB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:07 pm    Post subject: Re: HEI style vintage distributor cap Reply with quote

Lo Cash John wrote:
I suspect those WOULD be popular caps IF the price was right.

Don't you own a shop? I'd buy one from you if you suddenly became an importer.

H2OSB
Steve Arndt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:52 am    Post subject: Re: HEI style vintage distributor cap Reply with quote

Is there a black version of this cap available anywhere? I'm prepared to order a couple but I want black not the brown color.
flat4olsen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:23 am    Post subject: Re: HEI style vintage distributor cap Reply with quote

I’ve never seen a black version...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Lo Cash John
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:09 pm    Post subject: Re: HEI style vintage distributor cap Reply with quote

I'm checking with an importer to see what kind of price I can get.

Who would be interested in a small group buy? Remember, caps wear out so consider buying a few so you have quick access to spares in the future.

Also, since I am a CB Performance dealer I can offer a cap & wire package that would include the CB MagnaSpark #2003 wires so the swap would only take minutes.

My boss told me I need to work on my mutli-tasking. So now when I use the bathroom at work I surf The Samba on my iPhone.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
flat4olsen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:03 am    Post subject: Re: HEI style vintage distributor cap Reply with quote

Bremi partno. 6011 is also an option. Bremi is OE quality. The one in the picture is on Ebay for 9 Euros....(located in Germany though)

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Steve Arndt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:46 am    Post subject: Re: HEI style vintage distributor cap Reply with quote

Thank's that 6011 part number helped me find more listings. I found a German Ebay seller and bought two caps, shipped, 30 bucks.

Locash I would be interested in a couple if you get a group buy going.

I have the CB wires on my bug they are nice quality especially for the price.
Lo Cash John
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:37 am    Post subject: Re: HEI style vintage distributor cap Reply with quote

Ok, I got the word back from my supplier and I can get caps if I buy enough.

So here's what I can do:

I can offer a package that has (1) Bosch cap & (1) set of CB Performance #2003 8.2mm plug wires for $50 plus shipping. I can probably ship using a USPS flat rate box but I need to check on that later.

If you only want a cap, that'll be $25 each plus shipping.

For my supplier to order the caps I have to purchase 30 minimum.

I'll cover (15) of the caps and hope they sell here in the classifieds. So we need people to commit to buying the other 15 caps in order for me to pull the trigger. For those that are interested, consider buying buying at least a couple sets so you have spares. Or let your other VW buddies know and see if they want to buy in. These are genuine BOSCH caps and premium CB Performance wires.

Steve Arndt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:17 pm    Post subject: Re: HEI style vintage distributor cap Reply with quote

I did get two caps from ebay Europe with shipping was like 45 bucks for two.
I don't really care for the orange color vs black but we knew that. I need to change ends on my custom wires to make it all go together this spring.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: