Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

veenema & Wigrs on title?
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
JiI
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:13 pm    Post subject: veenema & Wigrs on title? Reply with quote

Just got a new title for our 71' fastback. They put the make as VEENEMA&WIGRS. Anyone else ever get something weird like that on their title?
Jeff
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:09 pm    Post subject: Re: veenema & Wigrs on title? Reply with quote

What state is title from.?
JiI
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:22 pm    Post subject: Re: veenema & Wigrs on title? Reply with quote

Illinois.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwracerdave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:50 pm    Post subject: Re: veenema & Wigrs on title? Reply with quote

My '74 Ghia has the exact same thing. Veenema & Wigers Inc.
Featured in Dec. 2001 HOT VW's Magazine page 63

Watch my racing video's http://www.youtube.com/user/okvwracer/videos
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:58 pm    Post subject: Re: veenema & Wigrs on title? Reply with quote

I got that too on an Oklahoma title and that’s why I asked. I assumed they made this up because initials wouldn’t work in the computer?
JiI
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:59 pm    Post subject: Re: veenema & Wigrs on title? Reply with quote

Did you guys do anything about it?
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:22 pm    Post subject: Re: veenema & Wigrs on title? Reply with quote

JiI wrote:
Did you guys do anything about it?

I went with the flow. Very Happy
Pruneman99
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:27 pm    Post subject: Re: veenema & Wigrs on title? Reply with quote

Seems like they needed to hit the down key one more time on the drop down menu or something.
raygreenwood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:27 pm    Post subject: Re: veenema & Wigrs on title? Reply with quote

Dang....weird!....I will have to dig out my old Oklahoma title copies. Ray
JiI
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:40 pm    Post subject: Re: veenema & Wigrs on title? Reply with quote

They didn't even put the model type or the mileage on it. (Eh, the odometer broke at 89,000 and the previous owner said that was YEARS ago!)
Jeff
Pruneman99
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:10 am    Post subject: Re: veenema & Wigrs on title? Reply with quote

I kinda Googled.that name a bit. Looks.like that was some sort of trailer manufacturer possibly. I bet when the clerk typed in "VW" to to computer, that's what it defaults to.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:51 am    Post subject: Re: veenema & Wigrs on title? Reply with quote

Pruneman99 wrote:
I kinda Googled.that name a bit. Looks.like that was some sort of trailer manufacturer possibly. I bet when the clerk typed in "VW" to to computer, that's what it defaults to.

That sounds plausible. Since the DMV office is less than 3 miles down the road I’ll stop by tomorrow and ask the directly.
raygreenwood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:29 pm    Post subject: Re: veenema & Wigrs on title? Reply with quote

Zundfolge1432 wrote:
Pruneman99 wrote:

That sounds plausible. Since the DMV office is less than 3 miles down the road I’ll stop by tomorrow and ask the directly.

Yes!...that would be cool to know!...one more mystery solved!
Very Happy

And I saw that last night as well...so betting you are right Pruneman99 that "V&W" is what was in the computer..and they meant the trailer manufacturers.

Some Goog-lish stuff on Veenema & Wiegers...

https://www.proxibid.com/aspr/pv-15-1955-Veenema-a...lid=438101

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/w-trailers-veenema-wiegers-paterson-1463823649

Ray
hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:38 pm    Post subject: Re: veenema & Wigrs on title? Reply with quote

hilarious ineptity!

If my state did that I'd hand their asses to them. If the data entry operators can't see that their system prefills the 'make' field with that- what else do they F up everyday?

I wonder what the nut looks like.

'62 L390 151, '62 L469 117, '63 L380 113, '64 L87 311, '65 L512 265, '65 L31 SO-42, '66 L360 251, '68 L30k 141, '71 L12 113, '74 ORG 181

FU#5
Pruneman99
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:39 pm    Post subject: Re: veenema & Wigrs on title? Reply with quote

Once when I was younger, a DMV employee made an error on a title I was doing something with. I can't remember exactly what the error was, but I remember it was an absolute nightmare to get it straightened out after it was put in the system incorrectly.

If you have a title with with something questionable on it, I'd try to get it fixed now just in case you need it later and aren't scrambling to fix it during a transaction.
skotfred
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:43 pm    Post subject: Re: veenema & Wigrs on title? Reply with quote

Illinois just did this again on a newly titled 71 Super.... Based on this thread, I'll be making another trip back for them to get this fixed. Years ago they kept issuing me annual registrations for a Homette Homes (mobile home) for my Olds Cutlass and took me years to resolve with their incompetence.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Facebook Twitter Instagram Classifieds Feedback
my59
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:06 pm    Post subject: Re: veenema & Wigrs on title? Reply with quote

Ct makes it a nightmare if the paperwork is not spot on, and this is a state that doesnt require title on cars over 20 model years old.
Registering the 77 Benz, the insurance card had the vin wrong, so I went and got that fixed, went back to DMV and the clerk was going to reject the new card because the print out of the card was cut off on one side slightly.
Her supervisor on request accepted the card.
Rick1237
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:14 pm    Post subject: Re: veenema & Wigrs on title? Reply with quote

I have the same thing on a ohio title
wheel607
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:08 am    Post subject: Re: veenema & Wigrs on title? Reply with quote

And VOLKSWAGEN is sooooooooo hard to spell. This is just another case of a State bureaucratic office run amuck. In Virginia.....ALL employees of this office feel they are tenured, from the top to the bottom, and YES, I have let them know in writing. If you are ever in this State, Virginia, don't leave the window until they get it right or I guarantee you it will cost you additional time and money. I could tell you horror stories that have happened to me....give it back and get the spelling corrected while you are there.
jeffrey8164 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:08 pm    Post subject: Re: veenema & Wigrs on title? Reply with quote

I thought Wigrs is one of those words you’re not supposed to say anymore?

“Let he that is without oil throw the first rod”
(Compression 8.7:1)
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: