Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Question about handling with air bag setups. ???
Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Drewmon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:35 am    Post subject: Question about handling with air bag setups. ??? Reply with quote

I'm just starting to build the pan up on my 56. I have 2 pans, a 56 pan and a 67 pan. I'd like to use air bags on the front and rear of the build. My bigger concern is the handling of these setups. Can anyone with actual air bags (not Air shocks) answer my question? How well does it ride and handle at normal ride height with the airbags?

My last build was a 66 with 4" narrowed beam, 2.5" drop spindles, air shocks on the front and static 1 outer spline on the rear with normal shocks. It rode very smooth, but cornering was not its friend.

Also, if anyone has pros and cons about using either the 56 pan or 67 pan on this build, I'd be happy to hear it. My biggest dilemma is, do I want a ball joint beam or link pin? That is the biggest question on which way to go with the pans. They are both in great condition, the 67 is a rolling pan, the 56 is just the pan section, no beam, no rear torsion bars. I would need beam, brakes, spindles, and suspension on either pan.

Any input?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: