Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

"After 4"; 1958 Pressed Bumper 15 Window
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
joshbuchan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:59 pm    Post subject: Re: "After 4"; 1958 Pressed Bumper 15 Window Reply with quote

I have a pair of sedan semi posts you could disect and graft in there Cool
dawerks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:48 pm    Post subject: Re: "After 4"; 1958 Pressed Bumper 15 Window Reply with quote

Bus Twin wrote:
Nice work! Moving right along now.

It's amazing what a little heat in the shoppe, and spare time can do Smile Also got over the hang up of making it perfect. Get'er on the road and then see what heppens eh?
dawerks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:50 pm    Post subject: Re: "After 4"; 1958 Pressed Bumper 15 Window Reply with quote

joshbuchan wrote:
I have a pair of sedan semi posts you could disect and graft in there Cool

Cool Josh I will look you up when I'm done the major stuff. I think I have semaphores lying around.

(This bus has been off the road for 3+ decades, I don't think anyone would mind if I put semaphores into it.)
dawerks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:11 pm    Post subject: Re: "After 4"; 1958 Pressed Bumper 15 Window Reply with quote

Driver side welding almost done? Yeah right, there's always something, but I'm not leaving this side till it's all finished.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

BulletBus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:16 am    Post subject: Re: "After 4"; 1958 Pressed Bumper 15 Window Reply with quote

Well you got the hardest part done. Getting started! It's all down hill from here. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
dawerks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:06 am    Post subject: Re: "After 4"; 1958 Pressed Bumper 15 Window Reply with quote

Hard part for me is the filler/getting body straight but I am going to put a small amount and if there's waves, so be it!! Not looking to spend my life sanding, but the welding part is ALOT of fun for me.
dawerks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:21 pm    Post subject: Re: "After 4"; 1958 Pressed Bumper 15 Window Reply with quote

Step 1 of filler/sanding. Hopefully this goes quickly. This is my most dreaded step and I am going to keep the filler to a minimum and if it's wavey, I will simply wave back!

dawerks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:22 pm    Post subject: Re: "After 4"; 1958 Pressed Bumper 15 Window Reply with quote

OG Chestnut Brown came out with a bit of sanding. Probably going to leave the top as is and paint the bottom.

67ctbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:48 pm    Post subject: Re: "After 4"; 1958 Pressed Bumper 15 Window Reply with quote

This was chestnut over sealing wax right? That is up there in the best bus colors of all time, right next to mango.
'63 Ragtop
'73 914
'72 Dodge Wrecker
Go Cubs!
World Series Champions 2016
KentPS wrote:
...or the PO envied the terrorists' bus in "Back to the Future". Laughing

mukluk wrote:
He's fine, just waiting for the dragon in winklepickers to move out of his lane.
dawerks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:05 am    Post subject: Re: "After 4"; 1958 Pressed Bumper 15 Window Reply with quote

I like Mango too but Chestnut Brown/SWR instantly says, 'this bus is ooold and a Deluxe' Smile

Considering the difficulty of masking/spraying/masking two tone buses, I think this is a pretty good reason to leave the top alone if it all sands out nicely. It might look odd with old top/new paint at the bottom but we shall see!
blacklineracing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:41 pm    Post subject: Re: "After 4"; 1958 Pressed Bumper 15 Window Reply with quote

Is it true there are only about 25 pressed bumper 15 window deluxes known to exist? I know they're rare but I didn't realize they were that rare. If that is true reading this just made my day because we just picked up a 1957 15 window deluxe that had been parked since 1981.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:20 pm    Post subject: Re: "After 4"; 1958 Pressed Bumper 15 Window Reply with quote

I would say Yes, especially if it is really a '57 model year since most of them seems to be 1958 models.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bigdish2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:15 pm    Post subject: Re: "After 4"; 1958 Pressed Bumper 15 Window Reply with quote

Wish the 58 was available when I bought the 60 but happy with it too hopefully one day I'll save some pennies and I'll find a 58 earlier 15w. Good work jp

In the stash

1954 & 63 Vert
1956 Dove blue camper
(2) 1958 23w deluxes
1958 PGSG 11w og paint
1958 logo dd panel
1959 dove blue 11w
(5) 15w deluxes
(2) 1960,63,65 double cabs
1963 swr/bg 11w og paint
1964 limo bus 350 powered
1964 SO36 Dormobile flipseat Westy
1966 (2) so42’s og paint
1969 (2) porsche 912s
1969 dart swinger 340
(3) Porsche 911s sunroof,targa,cab
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
dawerks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:31 pm    Post subject: Re: "After 4"; 1958 Pressed Bumper 15 Window Reply with quote

Wow!! She looks fantastic! I'm glad you got her Smile
deepseeman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:33 am    Post subject: Re: "After 4"; 1958 Pressed Bumper 15 Window Reply with quote

dawerks wrote:
Time flies! After trying to sell her and basically trying to give her away, with zero takers, I decided to dig her out of her hiding spot.

Some of the OG paint roof exposed..

Nobody wants her, so I gotta get to work!

And this is the reason I decided to keep her..

Pop...

and..

Man, I dont remember even seeing it listed. I would of jumped on that if it had a fair price.

61' Double Cab-restored driver
91 SYNCRO
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
dawerks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:37 am    Post subject: Re: "After 4"; 1958 Pressed Bumper 15 Window Reply with quote

Full disclosure, the pictures weren't that great, had it stuffed away (back of the shop), listed for 3 weeks for 20K, zero takers. Sold a few other buses in that same time frame so I won't be selling this one (part of the keeper stash). Smile
dawerks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:19 pm    Post subject: Re: "After 4"; 1958 Pressed Bumper 15 Window Reply with quote

Started removing filler, paint to get to to OG paint.

dawerks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:28 pm    Post subject: Re: "After 4"; 1958 Pressed Bumper 15 Window Reply with quote

Onto the passenger side, slow and steady...

dawerks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:20 pm    Post subject: Re: "After 4"; 1958 Pressed Bumper 15 Window Reply with quote

OG Paint! Someone put filler on it and tried to smooth over the deluxe trim holes. This is the best I could do with the time I have.

dawerks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:55 pm    Post subject: Re: "After 4"; 1958 Pressed Bumper 15 Window Reply with quote

Pushed her to the front, cleaned out the storage items and blew'er out!

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: