Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

What concerts have you been to lately?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
gtrplyr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:38 am    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

Got tickets to see Peter Frampton He liked my shirt!
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
scottyrocks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:02 pm    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

We saw the Carl Palmer Legacy on Wednesday night.

I've been an Emerson Lake & Palmer fan since the '70s.

It was great to see Carl Palmer drumming the pieces that made him, and the band, famous, but overall, it was lacking due to the absence of Keith Emerson and Greg Lake, both deceased.

In their place were a couple of young string players, one of which also played a Chapman Stick. They did their best to approximate the keyboards of Keith Emerson, but it fell far short. And there were no vocals. One guitar, or more often the Chapman Stick, played the vocal melodies.

Still, I enjoyed the show, for both Palmer's drumming, and the music, in general.
Bryan67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:01 am    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

Shonen Knife
ToolBox
Samba Member

Location: Detroit, where they don't jack parts off my ride in the parking lot of the 7-11

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:10 am    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

Bryan67 wrote:
Shonen Knife

Saw them at least 25 years ago when I worked at a venue.

Saw Clutch the other night and am waiting on passes for Cursive in November.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Q-Dog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:51 am    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

Bob Dylan, a few nights ago.

'69 Dune Buggy
'69 Beetle Convertible
'70 Beetle
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:05 pm    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

Q-Dog wrote:

So please tell us how does it feel 😀
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:07 pm    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

ToolBox wrote:
Bryan67 wrote:
Shonen Knife

Just missed Clutch, The Descendants, and Henry Rollins in the last month. Focusing on my remodel or I likely would have seen all three.

I didn't even know Shonen Knife was still in existence.
Q-Dog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:51 pm    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

Zundfolge1432 wrote:
Q-Dog wrote:

Ha! Well, I thought it was a great show. He did a lot of the songs we all know, but with completely different arrangements. In fact, most of the songs were only recognizable after he got a couple of lines into each song.

'69 Dune Buggy
'69 Beetle Convertible
'70 Beetle
ToolBox
Samba Member

Location: Detroit, where they don't jack parts off my ride in the parking lot of the 7-11

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:27 am    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:
ToolBox wrote:
Bryan67 wrote:
Shonen Knife

Just missed Clutch, The Descendants, and Henry Rollins in the last month. Focusing on my remodel or I likely would have seen all three.

I didn't even know Shonen Knife was still in existence.

I did see Descendants with Down By Law as the opener. The Encore turned into an ALL show when Smalley came out and sang a bunch of the first ALL album.

Rollins is always a good time.

I was spoiled by working at a 1200 capacity venue for a few years and able to see every show that came through.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:36 pm    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

Q-Dog wrote:
Zundfolge1432 wrote:
Q-Dog wrote:

Ha! Well, I thought it was a great show. He did a lot of the songs we all know, but with completely different arrangements. In fact, most of the songs were only recognizable after he got a couple of lines into each song.

It’s good to catch these old dinosaurs when you can 😀
Tbirdusa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:09 pm    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

Kansas last Saturday night here in KC.

Carry on my wayward sons !!!!
Jon Schmid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:03 am    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

I went with my daughter last night to the Surf City Blitz in HB. We saw Bad Religion (always great), Rancid (not really my cup of tea but they had some good songs) and Social D (ditto on great). The beer was expensive as hell, I guess to make sure there were only rich drunks, but the overall show was quite good. Now if I can only stay awake at work... Cool
Zeen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:06 pm    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

Saw Elvis Costello tonight at a small historic theater in Detroit. His philosophic, poetic stuff is fine in the right setting, but I found it self-indulgent and interminable. When he finally got to the rock and roll, it was great. The band was good, he still has the pipes, and they put on a good show (without the ridiculous prices of some older acts). All in all, it was better than sitting home watching MASH reruns.
jwp67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:03 am    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

Zeen wrote:
Saw Elvis Costello tonight at a small historic theater in Detroit. His philosophic, poetic stuff is fine in the right setting, but I found it self-indulgent and interminable. When he finally got to the rock and roll, it was great. The band was good, he still has the pipes, and they put on a good show (without the ridiculous prices of some older acts). All in all, it was better than sitting home watching MASH reruns.

That depends, BJ or Trapper era?
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:54 am    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

jwp67 wrote:
Zeen wrote:

That depends, BJ or Trapper era?

Blake or Potter?
crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:55 am    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

I was hoping to see Iron Maiden next Fall but the GA tickets are $382.00.

a few quid would get me Charlotte the Harlot so i'll invest there instead.

HamburgerBrad wrote:

I slept on crofty's tent once. I passed out drunk from two bottles of Everett's brother's wine.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:58 am    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

11-14-18 Brady Theatre, Jason Bonham’s Led Zeppelin Experience (John Bonham’s son of Led Zeppelin fame) This started 9 years ago in response to the last time surviving members did a one off concert, sold out show invitation only.

It’s obvious Jason really loves his dad because of the personal info and stories but the music was spot on. Affordable too 55 dollars, it’s as close as you’ll come to hearing the mighty Zep. You drive old VWs why not listen to the music of the day? Very Happy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:41 pm    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

This is a sure sign that you are getting older when you don’t recognize music or artists that have have come around in the last decade or two. I still subscribe to Rolling Stone and must say I don’t recognize much of what’s there but it’s still a good read and cheap 24 times a year 😀

This is for the Cusser

I added some VW content just for good measure
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:30 pm    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

Oh, I’m gonna catch hell for admitting this, Cher. I took the wife to see her in 2000 and again tonight, Cher still performs a great show & still looks great on stage.

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:32 pm    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

Zundfolge1432 wrote:
This is a sure sign that you are getting older when you don’t recognize music or artists that have have come around in the last decade or two. I still subscribe to Rolling Stone and must say I don’t recognize much of what’s there but it’s still a good read and cheap 24 times a year 😀

This is for the Cusser

I added some VW content just for good measure

Hey ZF, judging from the “flaw” in that cover, it looks like you still been gluing those pages together. Laughing

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Jump to:
Page 15 of 27

Jump to: