Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

79 Beetle FI Fuel Line Size (Between Fuel Pump and filter)
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
legbuh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:09 am    Post subject: 79 Beetle FI Fuel Line Size (Between Fuel Pump and filter) Reply with quote

I was replacing fuel line on my 79 beetle with FI and when going through I found that the fuel line between the filter and fuel pump (just a short little piece a couple inches at most) was much larger than the most of the 7mm hose.

Does anyone happen to know the size this is? I don't think it needs to be high pressure as it's before the fuel pump, but this piece looked a little old and I'd like to replace it and the clamps (it had worm gear clamps on it).

Thanks!
Randy in Maine
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:24 am    Post subject: Re: 79 Beetle FI Fuel Line Size (Between Fuel Pump and filter) Reply with quote

10mm. I bought it from Bel Metric.

https://www.belmetric.com/multifuel-hoseethanol-ap...-3722.html
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
legbuh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:31 am    Post subject: Re: 79 Beetle FI Fuel Line Size (Between Fuel Pump and filter) Reply with quote

Thanks. Seems like it would be bigger. I appreciate it!
Randy in Maine
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:45 am    Post subject: Re: 79 Beetle FI Fuel Line Size (Between Fuel Pump and filter) Reply with quote

Use some "lube" (I used Gibbs Lubricant) on the fuel pump and filter fittings to allow you to muscle it on there. Buy the good hose clamps from BelMetric while you are buying stuff.

https://www.belmetric.com/stainless-steel-screw-cl...-5839.html
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Dwayne1m
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:46 pm    Post subject: Re: 79 Beetle FI Fuel Line Size (Between Fuel Pump and filter) Reply with quote

If you can't locate any 10mm hose, I use 1/2" ID hose on mine and never had a problem. You need just a short piece so it kinda sucks to buy a foot of it.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
legbuh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:02 am    Post subject: Re: 79 Beetle FI Fuel Line Size (Between Fuel Pump and filter) Reply with quote

Thanks.

I think I found some 7/16 Gates Fuel line at O'Reily Auto parts here in town. I will stop by later to see if they have it in stock. Only $2 a foot.

Website says they do, but I tried Autozone yesterday and they said "nope" even though it said they had it online.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: