Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

'59 kalahari beige rim color
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
pops711
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:14 pm    Post subject: '59 kalahari beige rim color Reply with quote

ok I need some help. I have a '59 I am going to paint kalahari beige. I am currently trying to get a rolling chassis done and I need to do the rims. I met a guy at a show a few years ago with a kalahari beige with two tone green rims on it. He said they were the orginal colors to the car. However, when I searched Samba the only reference i can find is a center light brown (L450) and rim (L343) Kalahari beige.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
stale air
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:42 pm    Post subject: Re: '59 kalahari beige rim color Reply with quote

The above color is correct for Kalahari. 😀
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
pops711
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:15 pm    Post subject: Re: '59 kalahari beige rim color Reply with quote

Does anyone have any info on the 2 tone green rims I saw?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
stale air
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:35 pm    Post subject: Re: '59 kalahari beige rim color Reply with quote

pops711 wrote:

You have a pic? Were they a light green/dark green combo, or?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
pops711
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:02 pm    Post subject: Re: '59 kalahari beige rim color Reply with quote

stale air wrote:
pops711 wrote:

You have a pic? Were they a light green/dark green combo, or?

yes they were a dark green light green two tone. I do not remember which one was where.
TYBUGGER
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:44 pm    Post subject: Re: '59 kalahari beige rim color Reply with quote

On my 63 it has two tone green wheel color as you describe. L-381 sea green centers and l-286 turquoise white. Which is a very light green or white green shade. I’ve only seen it on 62-63 cars
Raisedup58
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:34 am    Post subject: Re: '59 kalahari beige rim color Reply with quote

Kalahari would of never had green wheels. The guy was talking out of his ass.
Like stated above the picture you posted is the correct wheel color.
Instagram: Raisedup58
VW's At The Springs
facebook.com/vwsatthesprings
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
pops711
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:15 pm    Post subject: Re: '59 kalahari beige rim color Reply with quote

Does anyone know the paint codes I can take to the paint shop to have them mix the paint???
Raisedup58
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:54 pm    Post subject: Re: '59 kalahari beige rim color Reply with quote

pops711 wrote:
Does anyone know the paint codes I can take to the paint shop to have them mix the paint???

L343 kalahari beige outer
L450 pale brown hub
VW's At The Springs
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
pops711
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:40 pm    Post subject: Re: '59 kalahari beige rim color Reply with quote

Raisedup58 wrote:
pops711 wrote:

L450 pale brown hub

Im looking for something I can take to Auto body supply store and get them to mix me up some paint. I gave them L450 pale brown and they just gave me a blank stare.
stale air
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:06 pm    Post subject: Re: '59 kalahari beige rim color Reply with quote

pops711 wrote:
Raisedup58 wrote:
pops711 wrote:

L450 pale brown hub

Im looking for something I can take to Auto body supply store and get them to mix me up some paint. I gave them L450 pale brown and they just gave me a blank stare.

Thats going to be pretty tough, as most of the mixture codes are long gone.
Honestly, your best bet is to find and original (tough as well), and have it color matched.
Thats what I have had to do both times when painting my rims.
Raisedup58
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:35 am    Post subject: Re: '59 kalahari beige rim color Reply with quote

stale air wrote:
pops711 wrote:
Raisedup58 wrote:
pops711 wrote:

L450 pale brown hub

Honestly, your best bet is to find and original (tough as well), and have it color matched.

Agreed, Iv never even laid eyes on a original paint kalahari wheels. But it is possible, it took me 6 years to find the original paint wheels for my 58 light bronze car. Put a wanted ad out for one or more wheels. I’ll get ahold of some of the other people I know with a bunch of original paint wheels and see if they have any. Then we can get you a paint code and I’ll put the original wheel in my collection lol.
VW's At The Springs
klroger
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:25 am    Post subject: Re: '59 kalahari beige rim color Reply with quote

Here's a chart I found when looking for the colors for my Bahama Blue 66 rims. You beige is 21801 PPG but I can't find L450. Can you verify that one??

http://paintref.com/cgi-bin/colorcodedisplay.cgi?manuf=Volkswagen
pops711
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:57 am    Post subject: Re: '59 kalahari beige rim color Reply with quote

klroger wrote:
Here's a chart I found when looking for the colors for my Bahama Blue 66 rims. You beige is 21801 PPG but I can't find L450. Can you verify that one??

http://paintref.com/cgi-bin/colorcodedisplay.cgi?manuf=Volkswagen

Thanks man that is what I was looking for. At least I got 1 of the paint codes. I guess I will just have to find someone with an original rim to try and paint match.
pops711
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:16 am    Post subject: Re: '59 kalahari beige rim color Reply with quote

Raisedup58 wrote:
stale air wrote:
pops711 wrote:
Raisedup58 wrote:
pops711 wrote:

L450 pale brown hub

Agreed, Iv never even laid eyes on a original paint kalahari wheels. But it is possible, it took me 6 years to find the original paint wheels for my 58 light bronze car. Put a wanted ad out for one or more wheels. I’ll get ahold of some of the other people I know with a bunch of original paint wheels and see if they have any. Then we can get you a paint code and I’ll put the original wheel in my collection lol.

Thanks, that would awesome!!! Smile
Raisedup58
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:30 am    Post subject: Re: '59 kalahari beige rim color Reply with quote

Might of just found you a wheel I can get a color match off of. I’ll keep you updated.
VW's At The Springs
pops711
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:10 pm    Post subject: Re: '59 kalahari beige rim color Reply with quote

Raisedup58 wrote:
Might of just found you a wheel I can get a color match off of. I’ll keep you updated.

WOW!!! You Rock!! That would be awesome! Keep me posted.
pops711
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:15 pm    Post subject: Re: '59 kalahari beige rim color Reply with quote

Raisedup58 wrote:

Any Luck???
pops711
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:44 pm    Post subject: Re: '59 kalahari beige rim color Reply with quote

Anyone have any more info???
Raisedup58
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:03 pm    Post subject: Re: '59 kalahari beige rim color Reply with quote

Sorry didn’t see your comment.
After further investigation they had been painted and weren’t the original colors and I don’t trust them to be correct.
Iv been actively trying to find at least one original paint wheel for my collection and for you to get color codes off of. Unfortunately this can be tedious, it took me 6 years to track down the original paint wheels for my Light Bronze 58.
VW's At The Springs
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: