Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Aux Battery & Accessory Setups: Pictures & Diagrams
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
crazyvwvanman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Aux Battery & Accessory Setups: Pictures & Diagrams Reply with quote

The diagram doesn't show a ground wire for the ACR. Can't see one in the photos. It must have one to work.

Mark
lucianosanchez
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Aux Battery & Accessory Setups: Pictures & Diagrams Reply with quote

coqwesty wrote:
Okay, so my install is pretty much complete - the list of items used to create the install is as follows - all from Blue Sea Systems unless noted:

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

LED House Lights On (daytime)

What lights did you install there? Have a link and a closeup picture of what they look like and maybe a night picture? Do they sit flush? They look nice from this picture.
coqcitywesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Aux Battery & Accessory Setups: Pictures & Diagrams Reply with quote

House lights (pucks) are linked here:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B012ZOI44C/ref=sxr_rr_xs...0&sr=2

Reading Lights are linked here:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074RX4JL7/ref=sxr_rr_xs...1&sr=1

The galley light is from SuperBright LEDS, but there are a few identical versions floating around.

Typically, I shy away from gimmicky types of mods, such as the reading lights, but there was not really any other option to get the desired outcome. I will look to post a night shot of the house lights, but these shots produce a lot of glare and not that effective. I can attest that they are bright and light the interior well, but not overly so. And yes they sit flush and look stock, which is the look I was seeking.
coqcitywesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Aux Battery & Accessory Setups: Pictures & Diagrams Reply with quote

crazyvwvanman wrote:
The diagram doesn't show a ground wire for the ACR. Can't see one in the photos. It must have one to work.

Mark

Hmmm....thx Mark - good catch. I cannot imagine my guy missing that and the ACR does appear to be working, but will check this evening and update accordingly.
lucianosanchez
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:50 am    Post subject: Re: Aux Battery & Accessory Setups: Pictures & Diagrams Reply with quote

coqwesty wrote:
House lights (pucks) are linked here:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B012ZOI44C/ref=sxr_rr_xs...0&sr=2

Thanks man! I will check it out.
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:26 am    Post subject: Re: Aux Battery & Accessory Setups: Pictures & Diagrams Reply with quote

Do you guys remember to down rate the fuse when you go from filament to LED lighting? Typically your amperage drops by 8x, so you should total the load and add 33% or so for the load rating on the fuse circuit

Leaving in the 15 amp fuse from the original lamps isn’t good practice.
coqcitywesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:10 am    Post subject: Re: Aux Battery & Accessory Setups: Pictures & Diagrams Reply with quote

crazyvwvanman wrote:

Mark

Double-checked when I got home last night and yes, the ACR is grounded - I have updated the wiring diagram in the original post to reflect this. Again, thx.
fxr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:24 am    Post subject: Re: Aux Battery & Accessory Setups: Pictures & Diagrams Reply with quote

Abscate wrote:
Do you guys remember to down rate the fuse when you go from filament to LED lighting? Typically your amperage drops by 8x, so you should total the load and add 33% or so for the load rating on the fuse circuit

Leaving in the 15 amp fuse from the original lamps isn’t good practice.

Fuses are there to protect the wiring, not the devices. If a device needs an extra fuse, it'll be internal and already present. 15A is fine for the original wiring. And those LED lights? If they go short inside, they'll blow themselves opencircuit in a millisecond - the series resistors (or regulators in some versions) can be regarded as fusible resistors in this instance.
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Aux Battery & Accessory Setups: Pictures & Diagrams Reply with quote

The smaller the fuse the better protection for the circuit, both load and wiring

Matching the fuse to the load means a fault condition is also more readily detected.
coqcitywesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:47 am    Post subject: Re: Aux Battery & Accessory Setups: Pictures & Diagrams Reply with quote

lucianosanchez wrote:

What lights did you install there? Have a link and a closeup picture of what they look like and maybe a night picture? Do they sit flush? They look nice from this picture.

Here are some night shots of the house LED's including the location of the switch:

Galley Light

House Lights (galley light off)

Rocker Switch

Additional questions/comments are welcomed.

Last edited by coqcitywesty on Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Alaskaberrys Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:55 am    Post subject: Re: Aux Battery & Accessory Setups: Pictures & Diagrams Reply with quote

coqwesty wrote:

Rocker Switch

Really nice setup, looks great! How hard was it to route wiring to that switch location?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
coqcitywesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:41 am    Post subject: Re: Aux Battery & Accessory Setups: Pictures & Diagrams Reply with quote

Alaskaberrys wrote:
coqwesty wrote:

Really nice setup, looks great! How hard was it to route wiring to that switch location?

Not at all difficult. That factory ceiling trim panel was 'made' for these lights and the wiring - after removing the trim piece (four screws) I cut out the two 2.17" holes for each light wired these and the two galley lights towards the rocker switch location and then wired the power (from the switch panel) through the closet, to the curtain tray, under the trim panel to the rocker switch location. There is lots of clearance under the panel for both the wiring and the lights.

I then used a step bit to drill a 3/4" hole for the rocker switch and pulled the wires through, made the connections and installed the rocker switch. There was no real problem threading the wires to the rocker location other than there was some foam insulation to work around which was only a minor issue.

To install the galley house lights, you have to remove the curtain tray and then disassemble it to cut the holes. While a router would have worked best to cut into the 3/4" plywood, some careful jigsaw cutting and drilling sufficed. In all, the factory trim fitment actually helps to hide the wiring and make for a clean install.
lucianosanchez
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Aux Battery & Accessory Setups: Pictures & Diagrams Reply with quote

Looks really good. Nice job and thanks for the night pictures.
blockhead squarewheels
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Aux Battery & Accessory Setups: Pictures & Diagrams Reply with quote

This is my PROPOSED setup.(not all fuses pictures) 87 tintop i dont plan to ever use shore power. A few questions.

1. Am i in danger of overcharging with the solar? Or will the controler keep things ok.

2. Is there any real benefit to adding a battery selector switch? I feel like the ARC will take care of my needs by itself.

Sorry for the bad photo my phones broke
fishgo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Aux Battery & Accessory Setups: Pictures & Diagrams Reply with quote

coqwesty wrote:
lucianosanchez wrote:

Here are some night shots of the house LED's including the location of the switch:

Galley Light

House Lights (galley light off)

Rocker Switch

I'm making a new headliner for the front of my van (and looking at puck lights) and looking to update some of the back lighting with puck lights like these. Several questions:
1: It looks like the four round lights all work on one switch?
2: Would you consider adding a dimmer to that circuit to lower light level? Is it necessary?
3: The very rear lights: Are those good as reading lights? I like to sit on the bench to read at night before folding down for bed. Lighting there is not too great so was looking for a better solution.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
coqcitywesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Aux Battery & Accessory Setups: Pictures & Diagrams Reply with quote

Apparently, I missed the query on this thread, so to close the loop, see comments below:

I'm making a new headliner for the front of my van (and looking at puck lights) and looking to update some of the back lighting with puck lights like these. Several questions:
1: It looks like the four round lights all work on one switch?

A: That is correct - all four wired to one switch.

2: Would you consider adding a dimmer to that circuit to lower light level? Is it necessary?

A: I have not found a need for a dimmer, despite the fact that these really light the 'room'. We typically have a rechargeable, dim-able UCO table lantern that we also hang from the tent support bar that has a blue light feature that we find handy at night so we are not blinded.

Link to UCO lantern here - its awesome: https://www.ucogear.com/tabletop-led-lanterns/madr...anterns%2f

3: The very rear lights: Are those good as reading lights? I like to sit on the bench to read at night before folding down for bed. Lighting there is not too great so was looking for a better solution.

A: We both love them as they provide ample light for reading at night and with the blue rings also serve as a night light if needed. These are also dim-able and can be pointed towards the engine compartment as needed for any repairs.
lucianosanchez
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Aux Battery & Accessory Setups: Pictures & Diagrams Reply with quote

coqwesty wrote:

I recently added two of these puck lights to my headliner; directly above the driver and passanger seats. They fit awesome and look great.

I wired my van in the following manner with a total of 8 puck lights and one LED strip for the footwell lighting:

3 independent 3-position switches located in the wooden cap of the spice rack.
- one switch controls the "house lights"
- one switch controls the headliner lights
- one switch controls the footwell lighting.
- there is one more switch that I located on the side of the back cabinet which I will use for bedtime/work on engine.

Since they are all 3-position switches I have one pole going to constant ground and another pole going to the door switch ground. This gives me the flexibility to decide which lights I want on when the doors open.

I don't have any pictures right now but I will get some if anyone is interested. @coqwesty, I believe that you were the one that recommended these puck lights. I love them, thank you for that.
Cee-Dub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:09 am    Post subject: Re: Aux Battery & Accessory Setups: Pictures & Diagrams Reply with quote

Hey All,

I've been devising plans for a from-scratch aux battery setup in my new-to-me '88 full camper. Thanks to The Aux Battery Wizards for the tremendous amount of reference information available here -- it's been hugely helpful.

So... here is what I'm planning (don't mind the graphics; it's allergy season and I'm bubble boy right now). Click to enlarge..:

My Objectives:
    - Overall: A reliable, safe, and fully automatic house electrical system to support 3-14 day camping excursions with intermittent shore power.
    - Relocate the dashboard accessory loads (cig/radio/clock/et al) onto aux battery (via the fused-12V-supply-to-OE-fuse-slot-#3 method).
    - Relocate the kitchen loads (12VDC fridge and water pump) onto aux battery, while retaining the OE fridge relay (duh), but deleting the OE 8A & 16A fuses (while functionally retaining equivalent circuit protection).
    - Supply all owner-added 12VDC accessory loads (USB outlets, fan, future Propex/lighting/blah/blah) from one fused terminal block.
    - Minimize excess connections directly at the battery terminals. To this end, I've included small +ve bus bars for each battery, and am (ab)using the -ve terminals of the BlueSea fuse block as a -ve bus.
      * (My pipe dream vision is to mount all of this hardware in a nonmetallic electrical enclosure, nominally 8"H x 10"W x 6"D, flush-mounted in the cabinet panel behind the driver's seat, with just the battery monitor and control switches visible, and all the components and wire entries safely enclosed in the space below the sink drawer.)
    - Take care of a new matched pair of Odysseys, by providing reasonably correct charging and float voltages.
      * Charging source #1: Alternator w/ adjustable voltage regulator from Volvo Dave.
      * Charging source #2: Shore power charger - ProSport 12 dual-bank. (I already have this charger, so am working with it. Although I wonder if ditching it for a single-output charger-inverter wouldn't solve a couple of my headaches.)
      * Charging source #3: Solar [future].
      * Charging source #4: Waterlily portable microhydro turbine [not shown for clarity; connect via 12V dashboard socket for 0-1A @ 14.6V].
      * Battery monitor: Yes.
      * Battery combiner: I've chosen the SurePower 1314A. I chose a unidirectional because of future solar intent. As well, in the process of trying to prevent interference between a dual-output shore charger and combined batteries, I'm just using the combiner as 'a big relay,' controlled by 'a small relay' and sometimes a switch (more on that below).
Some Comments:
    1. I'd hugely appreciate any general feedback on my plans. Concerns, issues, suggested improvements? See any problems?

2. So I already have that dual-output ProMariner charger, and don't like the thought of the batteries always being combined whenever I'm on shore power (which any voltage-sensing combiner, uni- or bi-directional, would cause if left to its own devices).

(a.) Initially I was contemplating to add a 120V relay that would disable the 1314 whenever shore power is energized (as suggested by BlueSea in this tech article).

(b.) But, I thought, we've already got this perfectly good blue wire right over here at the fridge relay, why not use it... So instead I've used that "alternator charging" signal to activate a second relay which then provides a ground to the 1314. So I've kind of turned my operating modes logic inside out -- instead of stopping the Combiner from combining when 110VAC is present, I'm instead only allowing the Combiner to combine when alternator charging is available. So the batteries will only combine when the van is running. Great - and as long as I never start the engine while still plugged into shore power, I shouldn't be sucked into the singularity...

(c.) Now, I also wanted to include capability to Force Combine, so that I have self-boost-starting capability (because why not). After reading the entire internet, I eventually found a momentary DPST pushbutton switch, which I'll use in parallel to that "small relay," with the two poles used to supply the 1314 with (i) a ground, like above, and (ii) 12V to its "momentary boost" pin. Lastly with this switch, I'll use the 1314 "start lamp output" pin to illuminate the DPST switch's LED halo as confirmation from the Combiner that it has complied with the force. Cool

(d.) And, lastly, I also had wanted to include Force Separate capability. (Again, just because.) But, with my "Combiner Enable" relay arrangement, I really scratched my head over what purpose a Force Separate button would ever serve.

3. The reason I didn't pick the Yandina is because I read a couple anecdotes of people incurring multiple-tenths-of-volts difference in charging voltage between their house and starting batteries (including from a frustrated TPPL house battery owner) -- which I'm striving to avoid.

4. Battery Monitor gurus, do you foresee troubles from my proposed voltage wiring? Or should I plan to run the +ve and -ve connections all the way to each battery post?

TIA for any pointers, constructive critique, or more elegant solutions! Confused
Cee-Dub

edit: Updated with SPDT pushbutton for Force Combine, abandoned a manual Force Separate switch, refined bus bar selection, fixed a PNG transparency problem.
Muftobration
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Aux Battery & Accessory Setups: Pictures & Diagrams Reply with quote

Cee-Dub, I'm very impressed with your huge detailed graphic, but I did not finish reviewing it because my poor old ThinkPad crashed when I tried to view it at 100% size.

I've been doing some research this evening for my own (existing, from previous owner) AUX battery setup and came to many of the same conclusions you did. I'll comment on specific things below. I see your post is from almost a month ago now, so I'm sorry you did not receive any replies yet. Yours is a worthy first post.

Cee-Dub wrote:
- Relocate the kitchen loads (12VDC fridge and water pump) onto aux battery, while retaining the OE fridge relay (duh), but deleting the OE 8A & 16A fuses (while functionally retaining equivalent circuit protection).

I have read that the OE fridge uses a lot of current on 12V supply, so your decision to isolate it from the AUX battery via the stock relay is probably a good idea. Do you plan to install an override switch to enable the fridge to run on 12V at will, or do you plan to run the fridge on propane while parked without shore power? I have a TruckFridge T49, so I cannot run off propane. That's actually why I'm looking through threads this evening (and have before). It seems like everyone assumes the fridge should remain on this relay, even though that means your fridge full of food will get warm while you park to take a hike or go to the beach. For some reason, I have found no information of how people wire up the fridge to run off the actual AUX battery.

Cee-Dub wrote:
- Take care of a new matched pair of Odysseys, by providing reasonably correct charging and float voltages.
    * Charging source #1: Alternator w/ adjustable voltage regulator from Volvo Dave.
    * Charging source #2: Shore power charger - ProSport 12 dual-bank. (I already have this charger, so am working with it. Although I wonder if ditching it for a single-output charger-inverter wouldn't solve a couple of my headaches.)
    * Charging source #3: Solar [future].
    * Charging source #4: Waterlily portable microhydro turbine [not shown for clarity; connect via 12V dashboard socket for 0-1A @ 14.6V].
    * Battery monitor: Yes.

Your first three charging sources match mine (including the caveat that solar is a planned and not actual third source). I did not know about the adjustable voltage regulator, so thank you for mentioning it. My OE alternator just died, so I need to put in a new voltage regulator anyway. I will look for that one. I'm curious what headaches you've had that you think might be attributable to your ProSport 12 charger. I have the same charger and it seems to be working well.

Cee-Dub wrote:
* Battery combiner: I've chosen the SurePower 1314A. I chose a unidirectional because of future solar intent. As well, in the process of trying to prevent interference between a dual-output shore charger and combined batteries, I'm just using the combiner as 'a big relay,' controlled by 'a small relay' and sometimes a switch (more on that below).[/list]Some Comments:[list]1. I'd hugely appreciate any general feedback on my plans. Concerns, issues, suggested improvements? See any problems?
--SNIP--

I took out the details of your battery isolation plan in my quote to avoid my post becoming too long. I really like your idea for keeping the batteries separated while they are charging on shore power and I identified the same problem in my own plans. Let me spell out my understanding of this as well:
The 1314A works by automatically connect the starter battery + to the AUX battery + when the starter battery voltage is greater than 13.2 V. To quote ase-supply.com:
Quote:
If the main battery (for the 1314) or either battery bank (for the 1315) is above the connect threshold, the relay connects the two banks together. If the main battery (for the 1314) or either batteries (for the 1315) are below the disconnect threshold the unit will open the relay. The connect threshold is set to a nominal voltage of 13.2V, which would only be reached when the charging system is operating. This will cause the relay to close and the charging system can charge both banks of
batteries. The disconnect voltage is set to a nominal 12.7V, which is near the full charge resting voltage of the batteries.

Thus, the question is whether the ProSport charger produces more than 13.2V while charging the starter battery. If it does, then the 1314 will connect the two batteries. This is a problem because the ProSport is designed with two separate charging circuits that charge two separate batteries at potentially different rates. The efficacy of the charger might be reduced by this condition, but I don't know enough about how the charger works to say.

Your solution of using the blue alternator wire to trigger a relay to short the 1314 to ground is very clever. I currently have the GoWesty kit installed (from a previous owner) and this is how that kit works. It uses a solenoid rather than the 1314. The solenoid is triggered by that blue wire, shorting the batteries. One of the cited issues with the GoWesty kit is that it adds another load to that blue wire, which can be a problem, as I discovered in this thread: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=7546523#7546523
thatvwbusguy wrote:
Another reason that I typically recommend the use of an ACR over standard relay/solenoid based approaches is due to the fact that the ACR does not depend on the blue wire connection from the alternator exciter circuit to initiate charging. Placing an additional load on the blue wire has been known to cause a barely functional exciter circuit to fail to initiate charging. GW has created an alternator charge initiation kit as a patch for a problem that is by their own admission, exacerbated by the installation of their auxiliary battery kit. Surely I can't be the only person that sees the irony in this situation.

So I don't know whether it is a good idea to rely on the blue wire or not. It certainly complicates things, but I don't see a better way to handle the charging issue. It would be great if the threshold voltage for the 1314 were adjustable, because then you could set it to a voltage greater than the ProSport produces, but less than your modified alternator produces. That range would probably not be too narrow considering how high an alternator voltage you are planning to use. I need to check what voltage my ProSport charges at.
Cee-Dub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Aux Battery & Accessory Setups: Pictures & Diagrams Reply with quote

Hey Muftobration - Thanks for replying! Happy to wait a month if it's for a thoughtful multi-quote response... Very Happy

Muftobration wrote:
Cee-Dub, I'm very impressed with your huge detailed graphic, but I did not finish reviewing it because my poor old ThinkPad crashed when I tried to view it at 100% size.

Embarassed Sorry. (Drawn on Mac. Just sayin'.)

Muftobration wrote:
Do you plan to install an override switch to enable the fridge to run on 12V at will, or do you plan to run the fridge on propane while parked without shore power?

Propane. I will have rare need to run the fridge on 12V while parked and, with my defective short-term memory, the risk of forgetfully killing my aux. battery outweighs any benefit of this operating modes flexibility.

Muftobration wrote:
I did not know about the adjustable voltage regulator, so thank you for mentioning it. My OE alternator just died, so I need to put in a new voltage regulator anyway. I will look for that one.

Credit is not mine, but The Samba's. If you search "adjustable voltage regulator," you will find much good info. (Mine has not arrived yet.)

Muftobration wrote:
I'm curious what headaches you've had that you think might be attributable to your ProSport 12 charger. I have the same charger and it seems to be working well.

I was referring solely to the dilemma you go on to unpack further -- connecting a 2-bank charger to two batteries which are linked by a battery combiner which will combine them when the charger is on... Thus defeating the function of the 2-bank charger. (To clarify, I am happy with the charger and it is not the headache.)

Muftobration wrote:
I really like your idea for keeping the batteries separated while they are charging on shore power and I identified the same problem in my own plans.

<...SNIP...>

Thus, the question is whether the ProSport charger produces more than 13.2V while charging the starter battery. If it does, then the 1314 will connect the two batteries. This is a problem because the ProSport is designed with two separate charging circuits that charge two separate batteries at potentially different rates. The efficacy of the charger might be reduced by this condition, but I don't know enough about how the charger works to say.

<...SNIP...>

I need to check what voltage my ProSport charges at.

From the owner's manual, the ProSport 12 charges at 14.6V in the absorption stage (in Standard Flooded / AGM mode). The ProSport 20 has an additional "high-performance AGM" mode (for e.g. Odyssey, OPTIMA) for which the absorption voltage is 14.7V. The initial bulk charging voltage is presumably equal or higher. The float voltage for the two models is 13.4V or 13.6V respectively. So: The charging voltage from a shore charger will definitely activate the battery combiner, with either model, and not only in the bulk and absorption charging phases, but even in float phase.

Muftobration wrote:
Your solution of using the blue alternator wire to trigger a relay to short the 1314 to ground is very clever.

Again, credit is not mine. thatvwbusguy mentioned in multiple threads the approach of taking away the 1314's ground as a means of controlling when it is active.

As mentioned in my previous post, as an alternative, I also considered using a 120VAC relay that would perform this same function (i.e. interrupt the ground to the 1314), but instead upon sensing the presence of 120VAC from shore power. Blue Sea explains this approach neatly in a couple of write-ups:
https://www.bluesea.com/resources/503
https://www.bluesea.com/resources/504

Potter & Brumfield 120VAC coil relays:
K10P-11AT5-120 (DigiKey PB322-ND), or
T92P11A22-120 (DigiKey PB492-ND)

I elected for the 12V relay activation, simply to keep 120VAC out of my box, and because it felt like it would elevate the overcomplicating-this rating from 6/10 to 9/10.

Muftobration wrote:
Your solution of using the blue alternator wire to trigger a relay to short the 1314 to ground is very clever. I currently have the GoWesty kit installed (from a previous owner) and this is how that kit works. It uses a solenoid rather than the 1314. The solenoid is triggered by that blue wire, shorting the batteries. One of the cited issues with the GoWesty kit is that it adds another load to that blue wire, which can be a problem, as I discovered in this thread: <...SNIP...>

In my schematic, I am only using the blue alternator wire to activate the coil on a small relay. From its datasheet, the coil draws 75mA. This is one-tenth of the relay drive current for the 1314A itself, and my understanding is that the GW solenoid's load is similar or higher yet. I'm not anticipating any issues from that small relay load on this wire. (If I'm wrong, then I suppose my fallback could be to use the 120VAC relay route instead.)

Thanks again for replying! (I haven't ordered any components yet. This will be a winter project for me ahead, and I'm currently picking away at figuring whether I can cram the required components and wiring into a non-metallic enclosure for a neat install, looking something like this, flush-mounted in the cabinet behind the driver's seat.)

Popcorn
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: