Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

The Official Vanagon Chitchat Thread
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
djkeev
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:30 am    Post subject: Re: The Official Vanagon Chitchat Thread Reply with quote

MsTaboo wrote:
X2. There's no excuse for abusive behavior. Many very smart and experienced posters here who are willing to share without the need to bully and berate.

^^^ Which is why he is not longer a member with posting rights. ^^^^^^^

Dave

Ghia
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=392473

Vanagon
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6315537#6315537

Beetle
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=482968&highlight=74+super+vert
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
E1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:01 pm    Post subject: Re: The Official Vanagon Chitchat Thread Reply with quote

All this talk about TK and Canada Day, I'm so confused........ Laughing

Signed,
A. Non Abbuzer

PS -- How many tickets for driving 15 in a 55 have been written by Hosers this week? Damn, 15 is rippah!

"Be careful Up Dere..." Laughing

— Colin Chapman
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
stormforge
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:12 pm    Post subject: Re: The Official Vanagon Chitchat Thread Reply with quote

> Has anyone checked to see if Terry K is tired of sitting in the corner and is ready to come back and play nicely with the other Vanagon owners.

TK was one of the reasons I completely gave up on TheSamba for a few years. It seemed like he spoiled just about every thread in the Vanagon forum in some way or another... I was very pleasantly surprised when I came back this year and saw that he wasn't around anymore! So, no, let's please not ask him back.
djkeev
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:42 pm    Post subject: Re: The Official Vanagon Chitchat Thread Reply with quote

stormforge wrote:
> Has anyone checked to see if Terry K is tired of sitting in the corner and is ready to come back and play nicely with the other Vanagon owners.

TK was one of the reasons I completely gave up on TheSamba for a few years. It seemed like he spoiled just about every thread in the Vanagon forum in some way or another... I was very pleasantly surprised when I came back this year and saw that he wasn't around anymore! So, no, let's please not ask him back.

Welcome back!

Relax, there aren't any plans I've heard about to restore banned Vanagon members.

Dave

Ghia
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=392473

Vanagon
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6315537#6315537

Beetle
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=482968&highlight=74+super+vert
riceye
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:53 pm    Post subject: Re: The Official Vanagon Chitchat Thread Reply with quote

stormforge wrote:

One of our esteemed veteran members once surmised that "TK" was actually an abbreviation for "thread killer".

There's gonna be some changes made.

“I find that things usually go well right up until the moment they don't.” - Ahwahnee

"Quality isn't method. It's the goal toward which the method is aimed." - Socrates, later quoted by R.M. Pirsig
bobbyblack Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:55 pm    Post subject: Re: The Official Vanagon Chitchat Thread Reply with quote

Oh... No....

I've been called a thread kill(er) lately... maybe I will shut my yap hole
bokonon42
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:56 pm    Post subject: Re: The Official Vanagon Chitchat Thread Reply with quote

Wait, hold up a second. All this talk about weed and TK, and no more word on this??! Details!

16CVs wrote:
Look and see what followed me home. It’s a high spec RHD California. I have it for about 4 months. I already don’t want to drive my MULTIVAN after driving this.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Now that’s something to Chit a Chat about. If any one has ever worked on one let me know.

Stacy

riceye
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:01 pm    Post subject: Re: The Official Vanagon Chitchat Thread Reply with quote

Edit: My picture was deleted from the gallery. Apparently the thousands of Vanagons in Canada were obscured by the hazy conditions Wednesday, and the photo was deemed "non-VW". Sad

There's gonna be some changes made.

“I find that things usually go well right up until the moment they don't.” - Ahwahnee

"Quality isn't method. It's the goal toward which the method is aimed." - Socrates, later quoted by R.M. Pirsig

Last edited by riceye on Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:11 am; edited 1 time in total
E1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:30 pm    Post subject: Re: The Official Vanagon Chitchat Thread Reply with quote

bobbyblack wrote:
I've been called a thread kill(er) lately... maybe I will shut my yap hole

No, No, I was kidding! Laughing

— Colin Chapman
16CVs Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:51 pm    Post subject: Re: The Official Vanagon Chitchat Thread Reply with quote

I guess I won’t ask about “Insyncro” either. Terry was actually helpful and could put his actions up to prove his words.
I went rounds with him a couple of times. The other banned member was just a jackass.
I guess I’ll just go back to my normal Chit Chat. The T5 is getting some final tweaks and I’ll have it back.
If they sold these here, Vanagons would have no value. The difference is as wide as going from a split screen van to a Vanagon.
I will cherish my time with it and meet up with it in GB for some future European travels.

Stacy
Samba member # 14980
Call anytime number 650 722 4914 .
Keep Your van running and upkept tastefully for the love of the hobby.
Don't let your van end up in an "abortions" thread.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
levi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:20 pm    Post subject: Re: The Official Vanagon Chitchat Thread Reply with quote

dhaavers wrote:
I really liked having TK around for his extensive real-world practical experience & perspective
plus down-to-earth sense of humor. I sometimes had a hard time dealing with his online/forum
manners and occasionally found myself coming to the defense of members who suffered the
wrath of his increasingly common flaming rants. I kinda miss him, and I'm definitely glad
to still find his posts on the forum...

<shrug>

I wish him the best & hope he's doing well... Wink

- Dave

Right there with you.
I more than kinda miss his posts, although I fully understand the problem folks had with him.
gonna see life my way

https://youtu.be/cSrL0BXsO40
jlrftype7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:48 pm    Post subject: Re: The Official Vanagon Chitchat Thread Reply with quote

dhaavers wrote:
On a related topic...

Thinking of adding something like this to my on-board kit:

Anyone in Sambaland with gobs of experience &/or recommendations?

I have a strong preference for all metal handles like this (or the similar ARB brand, or _________ ???)

TIA! Cool

- Dave

Late to your post... but that kit is great... A nice addition to any car that isn’t running Run Flat tires.
The handles on the tools are comfortable as well.. Very Happy
2017 MINI Coopers, our current DDs
‘84 Tin Top - Hilga....Auto
dhaavers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:50 pm    Post subject: Re: The Official Vanagon Chitchat Thread Reply with quote

^^^ Thanks...kit remains on board awaiting first use, but glad to have it!

Cool

- Dave

<EDITED TO PROTECT INNOCENT PIXELS>
levi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:14 pm    Post subject: Re: The Official Vanagon Chitchat Thread Reply with quote

I've used that kit close to a dozen times, not just on my own, but on other folks cars when they've noticed a nail.

I would recommend adding to that, a package of pre-lubed cords ( 6 or so in a package) available at any flaps, plus I always add juice to the cord as I'm about to stab it, so I have several of the small tubes of tire cement.

Before that I had a couple of very small leaks when only using the pre-juiced cords.
gonna see life my way

https://youtu.be/cSrL0BXsO40
stormforge
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:09 am    Post subject: Re: The Official Vanagon Chitchat Thread Reply with quote

Yeah -- I'll second Levi's advice! Coating the invariably dried up cords in lots of fresh cement seems to be a big win. I've patched dozens of screw/nail holes and never had a problem when using that method.
shagginwagon83
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:24 pm    Post subject: Re: The Official Vanagon Chitchat Thread Reply with quote

I love looking at other car forums and seeing vanagons

16CVs Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:55 am    Post subject: Re: The Official Vanagon Chitchat Thread Reply with quote

While at SEMA/AAPEX we saw Richard Petty coming in the back door as we were entering, We looked over and caught his attention and he tipped is hat and kept walking.
Lots of personalites at SEMA, but were there for other reasons. Just kinda fun to be walking along side such a racing legend.

Stacy
Samba member # 14980
Call anytime number 650 722 4914 .
Keep Your van running and upkept tastefully for the love of the hobby.
Don't let your van end up in an "abortions" thread.

Last edited by 16CVs on Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:50 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
E1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:31 am    Post subject: Re: The Official Vanagon Chitchat Thread Reply with quote

16CVs wrote:
While at SEMA/AAPEX we saw Richard Petty coming in the back door as we were entering, We looked over and caught his attention and he tipped is hat and kept walking.
Lots of personalites at SEMA, but were there for othe reasons. Just kinda fun to be waking along side such a racing legend.

Stacy

Sometimes typos just make ya gotta laugh. Laughing Wink Laughing

— Colin Chapman
Vanagon Nut
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 5:51 pm    Post subject: Re: The Official Vanagon Chitchat Thread Reply with quote

So if you find Spike Jones (old times), or similar music funny, you will find this really funny. I still laugh the whole way through!

"Sleigh Rough"

Link

1988 West DIY 50º ABA

VE7TBN
jimf909 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2018 10:06 am    Post subject: Re: The Official Vanagon Chitchat Thread Reply with quote

Vanagon Nut wrote:
So if you find Spike Jones (old times), or similar music funny, you will find this really funny. I still laugh the whole way through!

"Sleigh Rough"

Link

I kept waiting for a Vanagon to appear.

Abscate wrote:
Do not get killed, do not kill others.

Current: 1990 Westy Camper - Bostig RG4, 2wd, manual trans w/Peloquin, NAHT high-top, 280 ah LFP battery, 160 watts solar, Flash Silver, seam rust, bondo, etc., etc.

Past: 1985 Westy Camper - 1.9 wbx, 2wd, manual trans, Merian Brown, (sold after 17 years to Northwesty who converted it to a Syncro).
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
Jump to:
Page 23 of 26

Jump to: