Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

$27 Vanagon Cover
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
This page may contain links to eBay where the site receives compensation.
davevickery
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:49 am    Post subject: Re: Inexpensive Vanagon Cover? Reply with quote

IdahoDoug wrote:
For us Tintops, is your girl a Westy, and is there any kind of rack or awning on there?

It would probably fit better on a tintop. On my Westy, it just makes it over the fiberglass bumper corners but if I pull it tight on one, it comes up on the other. It should stay put though. I can use long bungees to keep it from coming off. I folded in my power mirrors but there is excess material there anyway. I folded over the excess material and clipped it to make it look more fitted. And I do have an 8' foot awning on the passenger side.

There is no flocking on the underside to come off. It feels like a rain fly. I am not sure if it is coated, I guess I find out soon enough. I like it, but not crazy about the silver finish. It looks more light grey in reality and I think the wrinkles will come out with the first rain.

This is the seller I got it from.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/400985570047
Size: upt to 16ft. Material: Solar Tech.

They have sold thousands of these may be close outs because many variations of material and/or sizes are sold out. The other one that I was thinking about was the traditional multi-layer material, what they call Signature- Water Proof for $60. They had a higher level called Storm Proof but those are sold out now.
davevickery
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:03 am    Post subject: Re: Inexpensive Vanagon Cover? Reply with quote

Here is a picture in the daylight. I hosed the van down with the cover on and it is seems water resistant like a lightweight backpacking tarp or ground sheet. I am pretty happy with it. I think it will work good for Colorado.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
wbailey2112
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:16 am    Post subject: Re: Inexpensive Vanagon Cover? Reply with quote

From what I can find (without measuring mine) a Vanagon is approximately 15' long so you ordered the 16' version?

For a $27 cover it's hard to beat but I think it's definitely better suited for a tin top and not for a pop top based on your photo.
davevickery
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:38 am    Post subject: Re: Inexpensive Vanagon Cover? Reply with quote

wbailey2112 wrote:
From what I can find (without measuring mine) a Vanagon is approximately 15' long so you ordered the 16' version?

For a $27 cover it's hard to beat but I think it's definitely better suited for a tin top and not for a pop top based on your photo.

When I searched for vanagon, it came up with 16' one. I wondered if the 15' might ft better, but I went with the system recommendation. There is a little bit of excess material , but it mostly tucks under the front bumper.

It probably would fit a tin top a little better or a van with the smaller metal bumpers. But it fits my Westy good I think. A tire carrier or roof rack would be a problem. The only thing I have on the van is the Fiamma f35 awning.
It has enough length to just get over the fiberglass bumpers in the rear, and plenty of excess in the front. It is little short on the sides between the wheels, but that is fine with me. I expect with the type of material, it is going to shed snow like crazy. And it is very light and easy to take off and put on, and should dry very quickly. If it holds moisture underneath after it has dried outside, I will have to deal with that.
Dave Wood Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:54 am    Post subject: Re: Inexpensive Vanagon Cover? Reply with quote

have this one from Busdepot and its still in great shape after three northeast ohio winters
http://www.busdepot.com/j39910
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: