Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Vw service manual
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
ditchbuggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:45 am    Post subject: Vw service manual Reply with quote

I need a standard Beatle manual but I want one with large electrical schematics and I would like one that has the systems broken down some I hate the whole car on one page i no the vw wiring is simple but i have a hard time following the wires so close together and packed into one page this may be a weird to sum but I dont see good
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Deebs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:49 am    Post subject: Re: Vw service manual Reply with quote

ditchbuggy wrote:
I need a standard Beatle manual but I want one with large electrical schematics and I would like one that has the systems broken down some I hate the whole car on one page i no the vw wiring is simple but i have a hard time following the wires so close together and packed into one page this may be a weird to sum but I dont see good

What year are you looking for?

I PM'd you.
busman78
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:31 am    Post subject: Re: Vw service manual Reply with quote

Down load the wiring schematic .jpg from the technical section on this site, take it to Kinkos they can print it in color in 11x17 or larger plus laminate it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ditchbuggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:08 am    Post subject: Re: Vw service manual Reply with quote

Thanks 74 but I have several others
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Vw service manual Reply with quote

About 30 years ago a VW service writer who had been dealership mechanic showed me wiring diagrams as you describe. Far as I could tell these were for VW dealership use only and finding this today would be difficult. It was full color coded and done on Mylar with overlays, but each circuit was expressed as a single page for easy understanding. I remember be impressed but I’ve never seen another. If you find one let me know I’d like to reproduce and sell them I’m thinking others would find them useful as well. 😀
ditchbuggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:06 am    Post subject: Re: Vw service manual Reply with quote

Thank you
thecableguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:57 am    Post subject: Re: Vw service manual Reply with quote

busman78 wrote:
Down load the wiring schematic .jpg from the technical section on this site, take it to Kinkos they can print it in color in 11x17 or larger plus laminate it.

Have them print several copies as large as you can afford. Before laminating, take a highlighter and trace over each circuit, just following the lines. Use one sheet for each circuit in question, or if it isn't too confusing you can use different color highlighters for different circuits. This will make each individual circuit stand out and be easier to understand.

Just an old trick from an old dog...

Jim
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: