Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

A 1967 Baja Bug Build
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Buggeee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:38 am    Post subject: Re: A 1967 Baja Bug Build Reply with quote

I like that stripe! Lookin' Good Cool
SnowDaySyncro wrote:
Every setback is an opportunity to learn stuff and to buy new tools.
bajahabug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:00 pm    Post subject: Re: A 1967 Baja Bug Build Reply with quote

A lot has been done to the bug in the past year. Shortly after the last post, The rear bolts sheered off of the gear reduction/spring plate bracket. I decided to redo the suspension in the rear with a custom no-hop kit. Unfortunately, winter came and anything below 50 wouldn't be fun in a car with no heat. This allowed me time to reroute the wiring through the entire car, make some interior pieces, install Corbeau racing seats and overall sort out little issues with the car. Spring break came and I made the impulse decision to fix the crack in the hood and repaint the entire car. I kept the design the same but decided to make it blue. It was also around this time I had bought a rebuilt big nut bus trans with less than 1000 miles on it. I also installed pop out windows, an engine cage, and a tri-mil exhaust. 2 weeks ago I took the entire rear end of the car apart to install the big nut trans. Took about 3 hours to get the entire car apart and then had it all back together and driving the next day. The car feels completely different with the new trans and no hop kit. There's still plenty left to do on the car. The brakes need to be worked on, steering shaft needs to be more secure, front suspension adjusted, new shocks for the rear (maybe front) and I need to figure out the turning brake for the rear. I also have new doors for it because they were cheaper than attempting to fix the current doors. I'm really happy with how the cars turned out so far, although there's been a lot of work. Not many temporary fixes left on it and mainly there's just adjustments need to be made. It also got accepted to be showed at the hot wheels legends tour in Chicago and made an appearance on the motortrend youtube channel for about 4 seconds. Really happy with the progress I made on it and hopefully I will have time to work on it during breaks since I am starting college. A majority of the updates/photos go on instagram @Bajahabug

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

dustymojave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:04 am    Post subject: Re: A 1967 Baja Bug Build Reply with quote

The car looks sharp. Needs a skidplate. Cool

Seems like some funny stuff going on with the camber at slight steering angle.

Are you sticking with the Tri-Mil BobCat header? Or the duals that I see in the underneath photo?
Retired from building Bajas, Fiberglass Buggies and Rails in the Mojave Desert. Also Sprints & Midgets, Dry Lakes, Road Race cars. All types New and Vintage
SoCalBajas Member
Kicked Cancer's A$$...1st and 2nd round...Fight ain't over yet.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bajahabug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:09 am    Post subject: Re: A 1967 Baja Bug Build Reply with quote

dustymojave wrote:
The car looks sharp. Needs a skidplate. Cool

Seems like some funny stuff going on with the camber at slight steering angle.

Are you sticking with the Tri-Mil BobCat header? Or the duals that I see in the underneath photo?

Thanks! I plan on doing a skid plate and front bumper. The underneath picture was before I got the engine cage so the dual exhaust no longer works. The spindles have built in camber but I believe the need to be shimmed to remove some. I still need to work on the front end but the rear end took priority.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: