Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

It's a sad sad day.... edit: headed for home in Tacoma
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
IdahoDoug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:45 pm    Post subject: Re: It's a sad sad day Reply with quote

Who's thumb is that out the right side window? Your brother must play for the NBA!!
1987 2WD Wolfsburg Vanagon Weekender "Mango", two fully locked 80 Series LandCruisers. 2017 Subaru Outback boxer. 1990 Audi 90 Quattro 20V with rear locking differential, 1990 burgundy parts Vanagon. 1984 Porsche 944, 1988 Toyota Supra 5 speed targa, 2002 BMW 325iX, 1982 Toyota Sunrader
E1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:47 pm    Post subject: Re: It's a sad sad day Reply with quote

Uncanny catch. Laughing Cool Laughing

— Colin Chapman
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bobbyblack Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:11 am    Post subject: Re: It's a sad sad day Reply with quote

What a long strange trip its been!

I'll put a dollar wager you'll have another Vanagon inside of 2 years.

Happy Trails!

(by the way, my Ghia has been second fiddle to my Westy since she arrived, and the Ghia is pretty grumpy about it)

-bobby
E1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:17 am    Post subject: Re: It's a sad sad day Reply with quote

bobbyblack wrote:
(by the way, my Ghia has been second fiddle to my Westy since she arrived, and the Ghia is pretty grumpy about it)

Full-body hug on hood should do it. ❤️

— Colin Chapman
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
10degnorth
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:32 am    Post subject: Re: It's a sad sad day Reply with quote

Looking forward to seeing that Ghia. A bit simpler engine that that water boxer at least. Very Happy
kamzcab86
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:54 am    Post subject: Re: It's a sad sad day Reply with quote

bobbyblack wrote:

Your Ghia and my Cabriolet should get together... Laughing Spent a fortune on her in parts this year to make up for her sitting much of the last few years and she's still being a brat, albeit just at startup now. So, more work scheduled for this winter. Mad

E1 wrote:
Glad to hear they found one, Kamz!!! 👍🏼

Yeah, and on the way home from Laguna Seca no less (i.e. Samba Classifieds alerts are worth signing up for). Paid for it, drove it across the street to In-N-Out and... coolant leak! Got on the highway and... attack of the floppy mirrors and busted headlight adjusters! Laughing Already lots of work done to it, but even more scheduled for Thanksgiving week. They'll be taking it to BBB in January. Wink

Anyway, back to Dave's regularly scheduled sad topic... Very Happy
2016 Golf GTI S
"Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance." - 孔子
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Abscate Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:51 pm    Post subject: Re: It's a sad sad day Reply with quote

You will soon Van-Again.

...and actually, its called a EuroBus.
cmayna
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:24 pm    Post subject: Re: It's a sad sad day Reply with quote

djkeev wrote:
Well, what my Brother calls my 3rd Child has left for Oregon.
He has promised to take good care of him.

Watch for him on the highway, please help if he's parked along the shoulder.

NJ to DC
DC to Western NC
NC to New Orleans
New Orleans across Texas, Arizona and New Mexico to San Diego
San Diego to Southern Oregon.

Most likely will NOT be on the Interstates.
Mechanically I've done all I can do..... he's got tools, he's got parts, he has a Bentley .......... it's in God's hands now........

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Dave

If it is planning to come thru San Francisco, have them PM me and I'd love to meet the rig somewhere and take some pics, along the great pacific highway, etc.

Craig
Jeffrey Lee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:54 pm    Post subject: Re: It's a sad sad day Reply with quote

AZ Landshaper wrote:
How long till your bro is on the Previous owner complaint post?

Has there ever been a New Owner with so little to complain about? Or do? With the head start Dave has given him, he probably won't even crack the Bentley for a couple of years ....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ServantOfElwood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:06 pm    Post subject: Re: It's a sad sad day Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad
hdenter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:40 am    Post subject: Re: It's a sad sad day Reply with quote

I sold my '69 Ghia 'vert project to buy my first Vanagon weekender...

Hans
11BC2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:47 am    Post subject: Re: It's a sad sad day Reply with quote

Rear wiper motor or gearbox assembly might be gummed up with dried lubricant and schmutz.
E1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:38 am    Post subject: Re: It's a sad sad day Reply with quote

Jeffrey Lee wrote:
With the head start Dave has given him, he probably won't even crack the Bentley for a couple of years ....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pUdhaDCvPWY

— Colin Chapman
djkeev
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:37 pm    Post subject: Re: It's a sad sad day Reply with quote

We are having a relaxing post family visit weekend at our home out in Pennsylvania.

It is a cold, windy and rainy weekend, a fire gently burns in the Jotul woodstove keeping the house pleasantly warm.
(Very happy with this little stove)

https://jotul.com/us/products/wood-stoves/_attachment/59118?_download=true&_ts=16128cf3ce0

BTW...... building a masonry firebox and chimney to accept this stove is a LOT OF WORK!!!!!!

A lot of big thoughts as we watch the wind blow by and the flames happily dance with a glass of wine (or two) in hand.

We aren't looking for a camper, we had one, we didn't camp much in it.

We're looking at retirement soon, which in our case will involve some sort of work to make ends meet. My skill set is varied but has a strong emphasis in home construction/remodeling.

I will need a suitable work vehicle, an older funky Van would be perfect for an older handyman to work out of.

I've got my eyes open for a tintop but am looking for a "smoking deal" (few $$'s) happily time is on my side.

The thrill of the leisurely hunt has begun.

As we are planning to relocate from a four bedroom three bath 2car garage home to a one bedroom, one car garage home, (676 SF + garage) downsizing WILL BE happening!
Hopefully a large one car garage (15 x 24) and a second bedroom will be in place before we move.......

A whole shed of spare parts won't be making the move.

Dave

Ghia
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=392473

Vanagon
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6315537#6315537

Beetle
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=482968&highlight=74+super+vert

Last edited by djkeev on Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:53 pm; edited 3 times in total
djkeev
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:46 pm    Post subject: Re: It's a sad sad day Reply with quote

Oh, my Brother camped in Northern North Carolina the other night, his propane stove didn't work!

I told him that I sold him a fully functional and equipped camper EXCEPT for a stove which we use as a power outage backup stove in our all electric home in Pa. and will keep.
No warranty on his stove that he dragged here from Oregon!

No worries they said, lots of crackers, cheese and wine plus the little buddy heater in the Van works great!

Dave

Ghia
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=392473

Vanagon
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6315537#6315537

Beetle
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=482968&highlight=74+super+vert
E1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:17 pm    Post subject: Re: It's a sad sad day Reply with quote

Dave, the downsizing goes from pretty creepy to enlightening very quickly.

We love having less stuff, probably 60-70% went to Goodwill, the rest in a 10x20 -- (lots hanging from rafters to be fair, but there's also a '96 Jetta in there, its rear bumper cleared storage door by 1/8", seriously).

Like going from trudging a giant backpack up a mountain, to suddenly having a daypack on. You'll love it.

— Colin Chapman
owokie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:11 pm    Post subject: Re: It's a sad sad day Reply with quote

I think this thread should live on as the official "sad picture thread". My contribution, spotted by my brother in CA recently:

11BC2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:20 pm    Post subject: Re: It's a sad sad day Reply with quote

owokie wrote:
I think this thread should live on as the official "sad picture thread". My contribution, spotted by my brother in CA recently:

Damn. That’s just mean spirited.
E1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:52 pm    Post subject: Re: It's a sad sad day Reply with quote

... but at least they're wrong. Embarassed

— Colin Chapman
dobryan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:07 am    Post subject: Re: It's a sad sad day Reply with quote

That's probably a barn full of non running ones.....

"To travel hopefully is a better thing than to arrive." Robert Louis Stevenson

MD>Canada>AK>WA>OR>CA>AZ>UT>WY>SD
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=620646

Building a bus for travel in Europe (euroBus)
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=695371

The Western Syncro build
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=746794
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: