Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Colorado Bay Owners?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 29, 30, 31  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Manfred58sc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:41 am    Post subject: Re: Colorado Bay Owners? Reply with quote

Are those commercial hubcaps?? Tasty!
camit34
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Colorado Bay Owners? Reply with quote

richparker wrote:

All right then!!! It’s my goal to have my ‘71 Westy rolling by July 1. Just in time for the mid summer VW event push.

‘71 project
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Any update on this project?
1967 Freedom Camper (SOLD)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Manfred58sc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Colorado Bay Owners? Reply with quote

I've made progress on the Solar Ice Cream Bus. It now has an engine and transmission installed and maybe it will be running by the end of the month. I've had to do the work in a field at my Dad's house ( its too tall for my garage ). Its been a long,long time since I've had to work like that ( the sun is hot! it gets cold! endless trips for missing parts ).
Manfred58sc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Colorado Bay Owners? Reply with quote

Like so...

richparker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Colorado Bay Owners? Reply with quote

camit34 wrote:

Any update on this project?

Some. I pulled the engine, transaxle and axles. Engine is factory rebuilt and turns over with ease. Transaxle seems to be original with ~90k on it. CVs and the CV boots look great. I cleaned the interior up, removing all the left over stuff from the PO and vacuuming. Hoping to pull the steering box, gas tank this weekend before wither really hits. Purgatory Ski Resort recieved 3” yesterday, winter is on its way in the SW part of the state. 🎿. I’m gonna send the steering box to to Wolfgang to be rebuilt over the winter. I do not know the condition of the tank but i recieved the bus with no gas cap, so who knows. I’m planning on taking it to the local radiator shop and have it boiled if necessary.

My plan is to put my ‘68 up for sale in the beginning of March. Once it sells I’m gonna dump all that money into the ‘71. I foresee things moving along a lot quicker in the spring.
’65 Deluxe Build
’63 Deluxe Build
richparker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Colorado Bay Owners? Reply with quote

Manfred58sc wrote:
Like so...

Looking good Manfred! That’s gonna be a great bus for 4CORE, that’s what the Colorado Springs guys are calling the off road event these days. Wink
’65 Deluxe Build
’63 Deluxe Build
yellowCOwesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Colorado Bay Owners? Reply with quote

One of these days I will be home in CO when the off-road trip takes place....

Now I just need to start my exhaust backdate.

'78 Westy
Currently yellow and white "Sunny"
A few other air cooled VW and Porsches over the years
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Manfred58sc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:25 am    Post subject: Re: Colorado Bay Owners? Reply with quote

Good name!! Solar Ice Cream should be made in remote locations for a limited clientele ( I sense a money losing enterprise here) . This Bus is %100 used parts, but they are German and I've had better luck with that route than any other. I'm sure the Bone Bus will find eager buyers in Derango.
camit34
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:58 am    Post subject: Re: Colorado Bay Owners? Reply with quote

Good plan Rich!

Nice work Manfred! Looks great!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Manfred58sc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Colorado Bay Owners? Reply with quote

Ok the whole side of the Bus really needed some help. The rest of the Bus has art, yet this side was left empty. Maybe so the cops would not notice whilst on the road? So my trusty partner and artist penciled in some ideas...

Manfred58sc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Colorado Bay Owners? Reply with quote

It now has a complete drivetrain! I started with nothing, had to round up the whole nine yards. The engine is a used 1600DP, with lots of German parts ( only the carburetor is Chinese ). It should go fine, but its all untested as of the moment.

Manfred58sc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Colorado Bay Owners? Reply with quote

Now this will make any child smile!!! ( and rush the Bus with parents demanding a treat). Still have to do wiring up at the dash , but I'm getting close to a start up ( first in many,many years). I'll grab a video of the first start and drive

richparker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:37 am    Post subject: Re: Colorado Bay Owners? Reply with quote

Looks awesome, Manfred. You’re making more progress then I am. I did pull the steering box and gas tank before winter really hits.
’65 Deluxe Build
’63 Deluxe Build
Manfred58sc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Colorado Bay Owners? Reply with quote

A picture of the door, how cute!!

mtnbus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Colorado Bay Owners? Reply with quote

Love yer bus Manfred ! What a great camper !

Richie, Yours is super cool too!

Im stoked to have a bay

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Manfred58sc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Colorado Bay Owners? Reply with quote

Alright, the ice cream bus is almost ready for a trail run. Just need to tidy up some wiring ( and borrow a decent camera to film the event). Made a hill-billy rear bumper with quick release pins on stock brackets. I've really enjoyed fixing this Bus!

camit34
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Colorado Bay Owners? Reply with quote

Bus looks great!!!
Manfred58sc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Colorado Bay Owners? Reply with quote

Thanks, I just picked up some very " ice-cream shop " looking contact paper for the interior panels and a variety of cone holders from a long closed local malt shop. As soon as the weather warms up I'll get back on it. Its too tall for my shop, so I'm stuck working on it only on nice days that happen to be "free" from other duties...
TheLills.com
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Colorado Bay Owners? Reply with quote

We've been traveling through Colorado (with our dog and cat) and it's been super helpful to connect with CO Samba members (special thanks goes out to Rich P. and Manfred).

P.S. Manfred - the ice cream bus is a blast!

Here's a picture of us and our bus when we reached Colorado:

Here are some of our travel videos from our experiences in Colorado!

Link

Link

Link

We have more travel videos through Colorado on our website and we're thinking about visiting some other beautiful places in the state.

Any recommendations would be appreciated! Very Happy

- Peace & Love
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Manfred58sc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Colorado Bay Owners? Reply with quote

Monarch is the "locals" place to ski ( much like Wolf Creek ). You can camp at Salida East for free just down the road. Hot Springs all around, decent dispensary, cool vibe towns ( Buena Vista and Salida ). Oh ya, that's why I live in Colorado and hardly ever leave the state.

Been working on customers VW's, not getting much else done. Days are short,its cold, excuses come easy this time of year.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 29, 30, 31  Next
Jump to:
Page 21 of 31

Jump to: