Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Antifreeze for 12V VR6
Forum Index -> Eurovan Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
meassick
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:40 am    Post subject: Antifreeze for 12V VR6 Reply with quote

I have a 2000 Eurovan EVC with the 12 valve VR6 engine and am looking to change the coolant. Could put in either Pentofrost SF (G12) or Pentofrost E (G13). The G13 is the successor to G12 for 2006 years and above. It looks like the SF is silicate free while the E has silicates. Both are phosphorus free. Any opinions on which should be used?
Joshwa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:45 am    Post subject: Re: Antifreeze for 12V VR6 Reply with quote

https://www.wolflubes.com/EN_EU/Blog/2016/What-you...olant.aspx
Late model cabin air filter on 93
Euro spec bumper install on 93
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Blaque Jacques
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2023 11:24 am    Post subject: Re: Antifreeze for 12V VR6 Reply with quote

I'm curious about this also. I went to the wolflube site and it is hard to tell from the graphic if it is fine to add G13 to the G12 that is in my van. I just bought another 1.5L bottle of G12 for $30. ouch.

Otherwise it seems like I could do a complete flush and just start using Zerex G40 available at my Orielleys?
jjvincent
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2023 2:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Antifreeze for 12V VR6 Reply with quote

G12. You can also use the pink stuff from an auto parts store. VW is not unique.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Eurovan All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: