Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Jerome Jamboree 2018, September 21-23rd, Jerome Arizona.
Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
big bus mike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:07 pm    Post subject: Jerome Jamboree 2018, September 21-23rd, Jerome Arizona. Reply with quote

(copied from the Arizona bus club Facebook page)

https://www.facebook.com/events/177801049699294/permalink/278989479580450/

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Join us for the Arizona Bus Club's Jerome Jamboree XXVIII!

No running water available!
Cash Only at the gate, ABC swag booth, and for raffle tickets! Vendors MAY accept credit cards, however, cell service is spotty so we recommend you plan accordingly. There IS NOT an ATM at our event. There is only one ATM in the town of Jerome at Paul & Jerry's Saloon 206 Main St, Jerome, AZ 86331.

Only VW vehicles are permitted to the event area entrance and camping. All other vehicles must park in designated parking lot. If you do not have a VW but want to camp, you will be allowed to set up a tent in the main event area but will be required to park your vehicle in the non-VW parking lot after you have dropped off your gear at your camp site.

Thursday 9/20:
-Gates Open @ 8am
-Camping only. Food or booths may not be available.
-Gates Close @ 10pm

Friday 9/21:
-Gates Open @ 8am
-ABC Swag Open @ 9am-12pm, 2pm-7pm
-Gates Close @ 10pm

Saturday 9/22:
-Gates Open @ 8am
-ABC Swag Open @ 9am-12pm, 2pm-7pm
-Gates Close @ 10pm

Sunday 9/23:
-Gates Open 8am
-ABC Swag Open @ 8am
-Raffle Bus Ticket Sales End SHARPLY @ 9:45am
-Raffle Bus Drawing @ 10am (MUST BE PRESENT TO WIN AND BE WEARING VALID WRISTBAND)

Event Prices
Camping:
Th-Su $40
Fr-Su $30
Sa-Su $20
Walk In:
Each day $5
*Prices for camping includes 2 adults and children under 15 years old per vehicle. Additional passengers will be $5 each. Dogs MUST be on a leash at all times! Cash Only at Entrance Gate!

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
big bus mike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Jerome Jamboree 2018, September 21-23rd, Jerome Arizona. Reply with quote

JJ XXVIII is almost here! Below are a few VERY IMPORTANT reminders.
-Gates open at 8am and close at 10pm Thurs-Sun. For safety, you can not form a line to the gate with your vehicles BEFORE the gates have opened. The gate will be closed at 10pm each night and will not be staffed to let anyone in after hours. Only VW vehicles are permitted to stay in the main event area. Non-VW's may drop off camping gear at their site then must move to the non-VW parking lot.
-There is NO WATER and NO SHOWERS. You must bring your own water. Some vendors may have bottled water for purchase, but it's always possible they could sell out, so come prepared.
-Thursday: you are basically on your own. The only thing that will be open for certain on Thursday is the gate from 8am-10pm.
-CASH: it is CASH ONLY at the entrance and at the ABC Swag Booth. There may be vendors with CC capabilities, but you shouldn't count on that as cell service can be spotty up there. There is NO ATM on the property! Closest ATM is at Paul & Jerry's Saloon 206 Main St. Jerome.
-Cornhole: if you have a cornhole set, please bring it for the Cornhole Tournament! Many thanks in advance!
-Alcohol: BYOB, there will not be alcohol for sale at the event and YOU CANNOT SELL ALCOHOL at this event. You cannot accept tips for alcohol. If you are caught in violation of this rule, you will be asked to leave immediately.
-CARAVAN: The caravan will meet at the Home Depot off the I-17 & Thunderbird Rd. Friday the 21st. Please arrive at 6:30am all gassed up and ready to roll. We will collect your money for the event entry and get everyone a wristband so that when we get to the Mine, we all just roll in together without stopping at the gate. We will roll out of Home Depot at 7:30am SHARP!!! By being in the caravan, you also get one free raffle ticket! See more details about the caravan in item #4 on pg.1 of the Survival Guide, posted in the comments below.
-Looking forward to another great year in Jerome with you all! See ya there!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
werksberg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Jerome Jamboree 2018, September 21-23rd, Jerome Arizona. Reply with quote

Boycott this AZ Bus club and this event.

In years past I have donated products to them and only asked them for some mention of my company name. Just a printed company name on their event page, flyer or.... but never anything!

They asked this year for a pair of my ABS Plastic Bay Door panels and kick panels only.

I told them I am hesitant as years before I never received any simple proof or minor company mention on my donations.

One day I hear a knock on our home front door around the 1st of August. Steve from the club (I though he was the president or at least the spoke person for the club) was there, asked for a full Bay window Bus interior kit. At that time I told him my concerns from past experiences .

He promised me my company name mention for my donation, a tax deductible receipt (got that from another club member), a free premier saved SELLER VENDOR space at the Jamboree..... plus other promotion of my Business Werksberg Products.

I showed him our RV that we wanted to use and stay there Wednesday thru Sunday plus sell from it as a 8' x 10' garage in it. He told they will make room for it even tho I would need 50' parking space.

After chatting a bit, I said I will use my FORD FULL SIZE VAN instead of the RV to save them space as first I thought the show was on the paved parking lot, not the small dirt parking lot. Steve told me no problem.

So I agreed to donate them 1 more time and gave them a full Bay Interior kit for their Raffle Bus....

Over the next several weeks we exchanged many e-mails and such.....plus other club members sent me pre orders on panels for pick up at the show. Never once did anyone even suggested to me that the vendors and everyone only could have a VW Bus in the event area...

I even receive 1 whole card to give out in the mail to customers, WOW! NO Mention of VW only vehicles to be a vendor....or even camping.

This Monday I spent the whole day making the special order panels (plus some of my back orders to fill) panels to be picked up at the show. (Sorry to my many customer that have paid orders with me since early August....a wasted 2 days)
Wednesday and Thursday I spent those whole days loading up my FORD VAN with +300 interior panels and many $1000 dollar of my products.

Today, Friday I got there to set up.
No saved special vendor space saved.
They told me to drive around the so called Vendor roll, (I was the only NAMED manufacturer / supplier to the AC VW Industry there as all was swap sellers) and no open space for me except next to the Port A Potties...

So I parked there and it took awhile to get an approval to park & set up there.

Then they tell me I have to unload my FORD VAN and move it to the parking lot 1/4 mile away. I politely explained to them they never told me that VW vehicles only in the camp ground and that I am not going to unload that van that took me 2 days to load, pack it back up Friday night as we was staying at the Hotel, then unload the van on Saturday and pack up yet again....

Over the last +35 years, I have attended and sold at +300 VW Events and never a problem.

So We left their "camp out" FAST.

I am 100% done with them. I would also suggest to other AC VW suppliers should be also on guard with them too...

Follow my new products on my Facebook Werks Berg
Click the below ADs link for products & feedback.
Search "werksberg" on Photobucket for products photos & Please remember to buy "American made products!"
XXX/Rx/RnR
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:03 am    Post subject: Re: Jerome Jamboree 2018, September 21-23rd, Jerome Arizona. Reply with quote

No one would go if they didn't raffle a bus. Did you see any other vw parts venders?
aguileraAZ
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Jerome Jamboree 2018, September 21-23rd, Jerome Arizona. Reply with quote

XXX/Rx/RnR wrote:
No one would go if they didn't raffle a bus. Did you see any other vw parts venders?

Don't be rude. I am sure you would do a better job you were involved.
aguileraAZ
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Jerome Jamboree 2018, September 21-23rd, Jerome Arizona. Reply with quote

werksberg wrote:

In years past I have donated products to them and only asked them for some mention of my company name. Just a printed company name on their event page, flyer or.... but never anything!

They asked this year for a pair of my ABS Plastic Bay Door panels and kick panels only.

I told them I am hesitant as years before I never received any simple proof or minor company mention on my donations.

One day I hear a knock on our home front door around the 1st of August. Steve from the club (I though he was the president or at least the spoke person for the club) was there, asked for a full Bay window Bus interior kit. At that time I told him my concerns from past experiences .

He promised me my company name mention for my donation, a tax deductible receipt (got that from another club member), a free premier saved SELLER VENDOR space at the Jamboree..... plus other promotion of my Business Werksberg Products.

I showed him our RV that we wanted to use and stay there Wednesday thru Sunday plus sell from it as a 8' x 10' garage in it. He told they will make room for it even tho I would need 50' parking space.

After chatting a bit, I said I will use my FORD FULL SIZE VAN instead of the RV to save them space as first I thought the show was on the paved parking lot, not the small dirt parking lot. Steve told me no problem.

So I agreed to donate them 1 more time and gave them a full Bay Interior kit for their Raffle Bus....

Over the next several weeks we exchanged many e-mails and such.....plus other club members sent me pre orders on panels for pick up at the show. Never once did anyone even suggested to me that the vendors and everyone only could have a VW Bus in the event area...

I even receive 1 whole card to give out in the mail to customers, WOW! NO Mention of VW only vehicles to be a vendor....or even camping.

This Monday I spent the whole day making the special order panels (plus some of my back orders to fill) panels to be picked up at the show. (Sorry to my many customer that have paid orders with me since early August....a wasted 2 days)
Wednesday and Thursday I spent those whole days loading up my FORD VAN with +300 interior panels and many $1000 dollar of my products.

They told me to drive around the so called Vendor roll, (I was the only NAMED manufacturer / supplier to the AC VW Industry there as all was swap sellers) and no open space for me except next to the Port A Potties...

Then they tell me I have to unload my FORD VAN and move it to the parking lot 1/4 mile away. I politely explained to them they never told me that VW vehicles only in the camp ground and that I am not going to unload that van that took me 2 days to load, pack it back up Friday night as we was staying at the Hotel, then unload the van on Saturday and pack up yet again....

Over the last +35 years, I have attended and sold at +300 VW Events and never a problem.

I am 100% done with them. I would also suggest to other AC VW suppliers should be also on guard with them too...

Not sure what is going on here, but we will make it right. No reason to bash the Arizona Bus Club. We or I will not stoop to that level. Lets see what we can do.
werksberg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Jerome Jamboree 2018, September 21-23rd, Jerome Arizona. Reply with quote

aguileraAZ wrote:
werksberg wrote:

Not sure what is going on here, but we will make it right.

Are you the president or official for the club? Or just a member? If you don't know what is going on, you didn't read my comment. Rolling Eyes

No reason to bash the Arizona Bus Club. We or I will not stoop to that level.

Not bashing, just stating facts of what happen...

Lets see what we can do.

Sure, get me back the 4 work days lost last week to prepare, load and drive there.

Apologize to me, the 6 customers that e-mail me their orders beforehand that wanted to buy my interior panels at the show and couldn't on account of the club messed up, apologize to my +30 already paid customers orders that their orders is another week late to the lost 4 work days last week....

Follow my new products on my Facebook Werks Berg
Click the below ADs link for products & feedback.
Search "werksberg" on Photobucket for products photos & Please remember to buy "American made products!"
gt1953
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:01 am    Post subject: Re: Jerome Jamboree 2018, September 21-23rd, Jerome Arizona. Reply with quote

http://ktar.com/story/2245407/arizona-company-recalls-more-than-6-5-million-pounds-of-beef/

Anyone else get sick like I did. Yep I did have a couple of burgers from the vendor....not sure where the stuff was purchased. Read the article.

72 type 1
72 Squareback
({59 Euro bug, 62, 63, 67, 68, 69, 73 type ones 68 & 69 type two, 68 Ghia all sold})
redroses28
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:32 am    Post subject: Re: Jerome Jamboree 2018, September 21-23rd, Jerome Arizona. Reply with quote

Werks Berg was given a shout out and thank you for their donation on the ABC Facebook page on August 3rd, as well as at multiple monthly general club meetings and at the Jerome Jamboree. It is correct that the "VW Only" is not mentioned on the flyer, however it was mentioned several times on Facebook posts, on the FB event page, above in the original Samba post, in the Survival Guide, and in the Newsletter.

We are a volunteer run 501 c 3 charity bus club and unfortunately mistakes and miscommunication happens. We have reached out to apologize and I apologize to you here for that miscommunication. To speak directly to board members, feel free to send an email to [email protected].

The Arizona Bus Club does not have a Samba account so we, the board, are not notified when something about us is posted. This original Samba post was made by a member who basically copied and pasted our FB event, so most of us didn't even know this was here until after the fact. Again, our apologies for the miscommunication and don't hesitate to reach out to the board directly.

- Megan Morris
ABC Board Member
gt1953
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:46 am    Post subject: Re: Jerome Jamboree 2018, September 21-23rd, Jerome Arizona. Reply with quote

I was glad someone posted the event Poster here. Some of us do not use Facebook or want to as I am one of them. I have emailed the [email protected] and have not had a reply. Not sure who is accountable to check that email. Yes the event is a VW only event, and if you have not been there before you would not know that. Suggest that if the event happens next year up front is must state about the VW only on the inside. I honestly wish more food vendors would be there and I do understand about the burger guy forever being there do to his keeping the cost down. Maybe a local catering company could come in a couple of times a day just a thought. On the good side it was nice to have ice available.

72 type 1
72 Squareback
({59 Euro bug, 62, 63, 67, 68, 69, 73 type ones 68 & 69 type two, 68 Ghia all sold})
fergus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Jerome Jamboree 2018, September 21-23rd, Jerome Arizona. Reply with quote

Thank you ABC for another great Jamboree!!!

http://www.arizonabusclub.com

An Arizona-based, family-oriented club, dedicated to the restoration, preservation, and enjoyment of the Volkswagen Transporter. Plus we drink a lot of beer.

You are receiving this email because you are watching the topic, "Wood U Hit It? (Possibly NSFW)" at TheSamba.com.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: