Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Site issues or questions | CloudFlare messages
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Site Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
glutamodo Premium Member
The Android

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:58 am    Post subject: Re: Site issues or questions | CloudFlare messages Reply with quote

Yeah, that's the link, "view my posts", if you look at the text of that link it contains "egosearch". I just have that one saved to my desktop.

It's working again now. Just another site strangeness I guess.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
wcfvw69 Premium Member
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:59 am    Post subject: Re: Site issues or questions | CloudFlare messages Reply with quote

The site has been running much faster yesterday and this morning. It then crashed with the 522 error code. It took 5 minutes to come back up again.

Decades of VW and VW parts restoration experience.
The Samba member since 2004.

**Now rebuilding throttle bodies for VW's and Porsche's**
**Restored German Bosch distributors for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored German Pierburg fuel pumps for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche fuel pumps or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche distributors or I can restore yours**
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:19 am    Post subject: Re: Site issues or questions | CloudFlare messages Reply with quote

Yes, it's been great since the weekend when I made some improvements.

I apologize for the timeout a few minutes ago.
My fault.
We have been doing some things to speed up the site and picked a bad time to update something that was resource-intensive for 5-10 minutes.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
wcfvw69 Premium Member
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Site issues or questions | CloudFlare messages Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
Yes, it's been great since the weekend when I made some improvements.

I apologize for the timeout a few minutes ago.
My fault.
We have been doing some things to speed up the site and picked a bad time to update something that was resource-intensive for 5-10 minutes.

We all appreciate your hard work and this site Everett! I was just sharing that feedback to let you know it's gotten faster again. Smile

Decades of VW and VW parts restoration experience.
The Samba member since 2004.

**Now rebuilding throttle bodies for VW's and Porsche's**
**Restored German Bosch distributors for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored German Pierburg fuel pumps for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche fuel pumps or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche distributors or I can restore yours**
busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Site issues or questions | CloudFlare messages Reply with quote

I agree, much better so far, the odd 30 second lag but no errors yet (fingers crossed), I did get kicked out and had to log back in this AM @10:00 but apparently that was an isolated incedent.

Thanks Everett.

Please don't PM technical questions, ask your problem in public so everyone can play along. If you think it's too stupid post it here

Слава Україні!
glutamodo Premium Member
The Android

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Site issues or questions | CloudFlare messages Reply with quote

I have no real complaints either. I may make comments but don't consider them complaints. When there are site issues I just roll with them!

Edit: I see the old Search is back, yahhhh!
OB Bus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Site issues or questions | CloudFlare messages Reply with quote

busdaddy wrote:
I agree, much better so far, the odd 30 second lag but no errors yet (fingers crossed).
Thanks Everett.

X2! Very much quicker and smoother the past 48 hours. The "odd 30 second lag" is much more noticeable now since the site overall is so much faster!
Thanks, Everett.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:37 am    Post subject: Re: Site issues or questions | CloudFlare messages Reply with quote

busdaddy wrote:
I agree, much better so far, the odd 30 second lag but no errors yet (fingers crossed), I did get kicked out and had to log back in this AM @10:00 but apparently that was an isolated incedent.

Thanks Everett.

This appears to be the time I mentioned about when I was fixing something that was intensive.

I wonder why that kicked you out... I guess this sort of thing could be related to a site slowdown as some people mentioned above.
It has never happened to me when the site is slow so it must be inter-related with your local software/connection/whatever
(Sort of guessing here)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:38 am    Post subject: Re: Site issues or questions | CloudFlare messages Reply with quote

OB Bus wrote:
busdaddy wrote:
I agree, much better so far, the odd 30 second lag but no errors yet (fingers crossed).
Thanks Everett.

X2! Very much quicker and smoother the past 48 hours. The "odd 30 second lag" is much more noticeable now since the site overall is so much faster!
Thanks, Everett.

I have seen the random lag too, I am working on this as well.
OB Bus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Site issues or questions | CloudFlare messages Reply with quote

In the month since my last commentary I am happy to report that the site (for me at least) runs perfectly. Fast. Reliable. Cheap. Pick any three.
This in San Diego on a cable modem as well as in a tiny town in the Eastern Sierra using a wireless DSL type system connected to the Digital 395 fiber optic lines.

Thank you Ev and Jen! Appreciate your efforts.
busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Site issues or questions | CloudFlare messages Reply with quote

I agree!, so much better, I've experienced a couple isolated of 30 second lags, but compared to the previous version you could say it's non existant, thanks Everett and team!

Please don't PM technical questions, ask your problem in public so everyone can play along. If you think it's too stupid post it here

Слава Україні!
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Site issues or questions | CloudFlare messages Reply with quote

Thanks for the report.
The web site server was upgraded on March 5th, 2016, which eliminated all remaining issues.

I'm not sure why you would be getting any sort of 30 second lag although I have seen people reporting some issues using the Firefox browser:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=650282
Please see the thread above if you have any Firefox input.
glutamodo Premium Member
The Android

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Site issues or questions | CloudFlare messages Reply with quote

I had some major issues with the site on Sunday. But then I realized it wasn't a Samba issue, it was anything I did on the internet. Then, I remembered WrestleMania was going on...

IMAGE NOTE: It has been noted that Chrome based browsers may have issues in displaying my vast image library, which use non-secure links and are on an FTP server. Images should still be viewable if the link is clicked though.
I do not know how to fix this. All I can say is it all works fine for me with what I use, Firefox.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Site issues or questions | CloudFlare messages Reply with quote

The site was unavailable tonight from time to time from approximately 5:30PM to 7:30 PM CA time.

Our web host was having some network issues which affected the site from being reached.
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:35 am    Post subject: Re: Site issues or questions | CloudFlare messages Reply with quote

Yes, I had trouble getting an outgoing PM to send... but it's all good this morning.
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Site issues or questions | CloudFlare messages Reply with quote

Why is it that I can barely type a post on my mobile device before the system times out & rejects my post & erasing the whole damned thing when I hit send?

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Site issues or questions | CloudFlare messages Reply with quote

I don't know but sometimes if your connection changes its IP address on the fly, this can happen.

I have had people tell me when this happens to them that either clearing their cookies or using the "Keep me logged in" checkbox prevents the issue. You can logout manually when you are done if you prefer that.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Site issues or questions | CloudFlare messages Reply with quote

Last night the site was down for about 2 hours from around 8:30-10:30 PM CA time (PST).

My web host was updating one of the servers.

This was expected but I had asked them to let me know when it would be done so I could post a message/warning beforehand.
They did not do that.

Everything went fine.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:30 am    Post subject: Re: Site issues or questions | CloudFlare messages Reply with quote

The site was down from late last night until early this morning.

My web host was migrating the site to a new platform they set up and they broke the site in the process, which took some time for them to correct.

I noticed this morning that some of the newest classifieds and gallery images were not migrated over.

I believe I all of the Classifieds photos are repaired now.

You may see some dead links in the Gallery for a few images from last night.
Those are being replaced right now and will be working soon.
motofly196
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Site issues or questions | CloudFlare messages Reply with quote

Everett,

Not sure if it's been reported to you or not, but I'm not getting classified ad email alerts anymore. This has only been since the site was down last night. I've been waiting to see that I've all of a sudden got 200 emails! Very Happy
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Site All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Jump to:
Page 15 of 17

Jump to: