Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Estate Planning for Dummies
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
busman78
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Estate Planning for Dummies Reply with quote

No you are wrong, I never said states did, you need to be careful when reading and try to comprehend what has been written before jumping to conclusions.

In case you are wondering you can do an online will in the state of Oklahoma through something like Legal Zoom have it witnessed and notarized and it may pass the probate if and when it is presented, same as in New Mexico.

In the State of Oklahoma a person can hand write their will, it must be in their hand writing, no portion can be typed and once witnessed and notarized it to is a legal will and can be presented before the probate court.

TV my ass.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Zeen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Estate Planning for Dummies Reply with quote

OB Bus wrote:
Similar story. We have a will and trust. With three kids our story is "when we're gone divide by three, it is all yours." Simple, huh? Problem is that none of them want to talk about death. Too icky, I guess.

Life has been very good to us financially. Strange thing is that we would love to help each of them get into a house. Getting them to accept help is difficult. I recently told our daughter, "I may not live a long time (I'm 65) but your mother (age 63) is going to live to 90. Do you want to wait that long to get any benefit of our estate?" Daughter:" Don't talk like that!"

I have a few things to share on this topic, but I'll start here. If you are financially secure, don't wait till you die to give money to your kids. Don't be morbid about it, you can all recognize it will be much more helpful to them now than when they are middle aged. And you'll get to enjoy seeing them benefit from it while you're alive. There is a great book called "Die Broke" that everyone should read.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: