Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Wires to where?
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
elpres
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:55 pm    Post subject: Wires to where? Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I know its a crappy picture. Sorry.
3 wires (brown, brown with white, and a white or yellow).
I can’t find them on my diagram.
Maybe they are just a part of the test socket setup... not sure.
I already have the wires for the generator, and the coil, and oil pressure switch.
Thanks.
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Wires to where? Reply with quote

Download the wiring diagram , ltrace both ends, label and Put right.

I would love to think those colour correspond to what rolled out of Hanover but there is no way to tell from a picture.

Wire by Braille, Fire by Braille.
busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Wires to where? Reply with quote

The year and model of whatever that is matters, and since you are in Europe 1600 Euro? or type 4 North American?.

Please don't PM technical questions, ask your problem in public so everyone can play along. If you think it's too stupid post it here
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!

Слава Україні!
Wildthings
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Wires to where? Reply with quote

Heater blower and relay
elpres
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Wires to where? Reply with quote

Wildthings wrote:
Heater blower and relay

I thought about something like that, but I thought it was only type 4 engines using these.. but I’m not sure.
I will look into it, thanks
elpres
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Wires to where? Reply with quote

busdaddy wrote:
The year and model of whatever that is matters, and since you are in Europe 1600 Euro? or type 4 North American?.

Yes a 1600 Euro.
busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Wires to where? Reply with quote

elpres wrote:
busdaddy wrote:

Yes a 1600 Euro.

So no chance it's for a booster fan/ heater blower.

Brown/white is a switched ground, like fuel gauge or heater booster relay signal (but it's 1600), solid brown is a ground, white or yellow could be many things, maybe strip back the jacket a little and see what colour it really is.
Does your bus have a dealer test network socket on the engine compartment roof above the battery?

Please don't PM technical questions, ask your problem in public so everyone can play along. If you think it's too stupid post it here
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!

Слава Україні!
rsbadura
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:18 am    Post subject: Re: Wires to where? Reply with quote

bad photo quality... it's looks like a military green?
May be then some military blackout light for stop light or ...

regards,
1982 Eriba Pan travel trailer
2017 VW CrossPolo
HAZET classic tools
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
elpres
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:26 am    Post subject: Re: Wires to where? Reply with quote

busdaddy wrote:
elpres wrote:
busdaddy wrote:

Yes a 1600 Euro.

So no chance it's for a booster fan/ heater blower.

Brown/white is a switched ground, like fuel gauge or heater booster relay signal (but it's 1600), solid brown is a ground, white or yellow could be many things, maybe strip back the jacket a little and see what colour it really is.
Does your bus have a dealer test network socket on the engine compartment roof above the battery?

Your right. All 3 wires ends in the test network socket.
Thank you all for your ideas and comments.
3 wires less to worry about.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: