Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Dino Replica - What is it?
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jpyzowski
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:44 pm    Post subject: Dino Replica - What is it? Reply with quote

Hello Fellow VW kit car enthusiasts. I'm trying to find out any info on this car body. I have no clue what it is. Trying to figure out what glass it would need. and who makes it.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Rodmullet
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Dino Replica - What is it? Reply with quote

Looks like an Invader GT to me....believe the windshield is from a Karmann Ghia. Pretty sad that I know that without looking it up....

Rod
Letterman7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:46 am    Post subject: Re: Dino Replica - What is it? Reply with quote

Yep, Invader.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
winddude
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Dino Replica - What is it? Reply with quote

sexy!

Are they hard to come by? And what about the windows for the gullwing doors, some sort of polycarbonate?
Rodmullet
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Dino Replica - What is it? Reply with quote

They aren't real common, I see one for sale occasionally on Craigslist or the Samba. Most of the ones I've seen have doors that are all clear plastic of some sort...but there were a lot of versions of this car, or possible these were not made at the factory. I really like these cars, even though are really funky looking.

Rod
woodoctr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Dino Replica - What is it? Reply with quote

Definitely an Invader. Here is some background on the Loring and Weeks history on how it came to be.....it's a good read....
https://fiberclassics.org/david-loring-and-his-kit-cars/

I met Bruce about 15 years ago when he moved just down the road from me. I had stopped by his place one day when I saw an Invader setting a ways back on his property. Interesting guy......
kitcarguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Dino Replica - What is it? Reply with quote

Is Bruce still around? I would love to get in touch with him to get some clarification on things I heard over the years.

woodoctr wrote:
Definitely an Invader. Here is some background on the Loring and Weeks history on how it came to be.....it's a good read....
https://fiberclassics.org/david-loring-and-his-kit-cars/

I met Bruce about 15 years ago when he moved just down the road from me. I had stopped by his place one day when I saw an Invader setting a ways back on his property. Interesting guy......

woodoctr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:38 am    Post subject: Re: Dino Replica - What is it? Reply with quote

Even when I was talking to him then he was selling the old farm house and buildings on about 5 acres he owned. Last I had heard he was moving to southern Ohio. I think he was going to be one of the partners in a manufacturing concern there. I've never heard any more from him or about him.....
akokarski
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2022 9:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Dino Replica - What is it? Reply with quote

just saw this post, i know it's been a long time since the last post... I must say this is a very nice example of invader. judging by the rake of the windshield it looks to be an earlier model. Later ones had windshield a bit more upright. This one also has a full door frames instead of just hinged plexy sheets with weird boat locks at the bottom. There are also cool intakes just behind the doors making this body more refined looking.

I have to ask what came out of this body? did you put it together?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: