Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Door windlace trim length
Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
car barn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:58 pm    Post subject: Door windlace trim length Reply with quote

When putting the car back together l noticed that my windlace trim doesn't cover the whole length accross the top of the door. I think they're original though. Most pictures I see have it accross the whole length. I did see this one on ebay that looks exactly like mine. Just wondered if the shorter length is stock?

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
germanbilly
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Door windlace trim length Reply with quote

The strip should go all the way to the end of the high part on the top of the door. Then there are these little caps that go on the end from the Thing Shop. I always put a little RTV on the caps to help them stay in place.
ttp://www.thethingshop.com/PLASTIC-END-CAPS/productinfo/181867369P/
GB
vwwestyman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Door windlace trim length Reply with quote

It may well be shrunk. Nearly all of it on my Thing is shrunken.

President, Wild Westerner Club

1978 Champagne Edition Westy, repowered to '97 Jetta TDI
1973 Wild Westerner
My Thing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Captain Spalding
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Door windlace trim length Reply with quote

It's possible to stretch them out. Pick a warm day. Pull the warm trim off, seat it at one end of the top edge of the door, and give it a little stretch as you work your way across the top of the door.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: