Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

bURNINGvAN, San Francisco Ocean Beach: Feb. 4, 2024
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
fxr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:11 pm    Post subject: Re: bURNINGvAN, San Francisco Ocean Beach: Jan. 14, 2018 Reply with quote

Bugger. My install of a new solar panel on top of the luggage rack has been held up by the discovery of a couple of small rust-through holes just where the luggage rack trim meets the main roof. Interestingly they're where spot-welds should be stronger than other nearby bits. Whatever, the luggage rack is still off, the paint applied today will have to wait until tomorrow afternoon to be cured enough to refit the rack. Next year - again...
BenT Syncro
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:49 pm    Post subject: Re: bURNINGvAN, San Francisco Ocean Beach: Jan. 29, 2017 Reply with quote

Revivedphoenix wrote:
Vans only?

bURNINGvAN has always been about the people first. Vanagons are just the icing on the cake.

I’m one of the organizers and been guilty of driving something other than a Vanagon or any T3 variation. Tomorrow, look for the white Syncro with a custom hightop held onto the roof with camo straps. I’ll handing out a free sticker to anyone who mentions Rennie’s name. Supplies are limited.

This BV is dedicated to Rennie who is losing his fight with cancer. He has been a part of the VW community for over 30 years. Unfortunately, he is too ill to make it to BV. There will be a number on each sticker which will be drawn for a few VW related trinkets. This is separate from other giveaways by some attendees.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

menotti
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:57 pm    Post subject: Re: bURNINGvAN, San Francisco Ocean Beach: Jan. 14, 2018 Reply with quote

Saw very few posts about 2018 except the couple in this thread. 10am this time instead of 12pm is still the plan? Is there another site or Facebook event for more info? Wanna know what to do once we get there! Like, find a spot and park, or are there other things for us to be aware of? Thanks
BenT Syncro
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:07 pm    Post subject: Re: bURNINGvAN, San Francisco Ocean Beach: Jan. 14, 2018 Reply with quote

menotti wrote:
Saw very few posts about 2018 except the couple in this thread. 10am this time instead of 12pm is still the plan? Is there another site or Facebook event for more info? Wanna know what to do once we get there! Like, find a spot and park, or are there other things for us to be aware of? Thanks

Someone else was in charge of promoting the event on Samba. Sadly, it appears he has done nothing that I am aware of.

Notifications have been posted on various Facebook groups for months. The pinned post is on the Vanagon Ads Group. It’s a Public Group which should be shareable across various platforms. Let’s try this:
https://www.facebook.com/events/382823785506770/?ti=icl

Is also on the Vanagon Cafe Group, Vanagon Owners Group, and VW Westfalia Group in Facebook.
menotti
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:37 am    Post subject: Re: bURNINGvAN, San Francisco Ocean Beach: Jan. 14, 2018 Reply with quote

BenT Syncro wrote:
menotti wrote:

Someone else was in charge of promoting the event on Samba. Sadly, it appears he has done nothing that I am aware of.

Notifications have been posted on various Facebook groups for months. The pinned post is on the Vanagon Ads Group. It’s a Public Group which should be shareable across various platforms. Let’s try this:
https://www.facebook.com/events/382823785506770/?ti=icl

Is also on the Vanagon Cafe Group, Vanagon Owners Group, and VW Westfalia Group in Facebook.

ah thanks very much! i was not a part of those groups and dont frequent fb that often so i would've missed them.
BenT Syncro
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:54 am    Post subject: Re: bURNINGvAN, San Francisco Ocean Beach: Jan. 14, 2018 Reply with quote

menotti wrote:

ah thanks very much! i was not a part of those groups and dont frequent fb that often so i would've missed them.

Welcome aboard! I see you’ve requested to join at least 3 groups which I admin. Are going to see you at bURNINGvAN today? Someone reported that there were already vans there an hour ago. I’m the organizer and am barely getting out of bed. My co-organizer had to be reminded BV was today. That’s the level of organization. But then this was always a hangout day for friends. It’s never been intended as a job. That would be too much work. If you go, I’ll be the guy in a white tintop Syncro with an uninstalled hightop strapped to the roof. Or running around in an army green Pinzgauer cap.
menotti
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:25 pm    Post subject: Re: bURNINGvAN, San Francisco Ocean Beach: Jan. 14, 2018 Reply with quote

BenT Syncro wrote:
menotti wrote:

Welcome aboard! I see you’ve requested to join at least 3 groups which I admin. Are going to see you at bURNINGvAN today? Someone reported that there were already vans there an hour ago. I’m the organizer and am barely getting out of bed. My co-organizer had to be reminded BV was today. That’s the level of organization. But then this was always a hangout day for friends. It’s never been intended as a job. That would be too much work. If you go, I’ll be the guy in a white tintop Syncro with an uninstalled hightop strapped to the roof. Or running around in an army green Pinzgauer cap.

Yes! We were there from about 10:15 to 2pm. Thank you for the Facebook accepts. We had our white 87 weekender and cute pitbull in the driver's seat for most of the day Very Happy
vegpedlr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:09 pm    Post subject: Re: bURNINGvAN, San Francisco Ocean Beach: Jan. 14, 2018 Reply with quote

Pics?

Or, it didn't actually happen, stickers or not.
BenT Syncro
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:16 pm    Post subject: Re: bURNINGvAN, San Francisco Ocean Beach: Jan. 14, 2018 Reply with quote

Will post pics in a few days. It’s easier to post on Facebook. Especially since dozens of people contribute. However, I will collect pics and post them to a single album accessible to Sambanistas. In the meantime, I posted the preview in a gallery called “Thumbnails from bURNINGvAN 2018”.
BenT Syncro
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:48 am    Post subject: Re: bURNINGvAN, San Francisco Ocean Beach: Jan. 14, 2018 Reply with quote

bURNINGvAN 2019 will be on

01/19/19

Ocean Beach, San Francisco, California

As usual, we will be in the parking lot, across the street from 1000 Great Highway (Highway 1) from 10am until dark. Hoping to return to having a bonfire, weather permitting.

Last edited by BenT Syncro on Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
cmayna
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:30 am    Post subject: Re: bURNINGvAN, San Francisco Ocean Beach: Jan. 19, 2019 Reply with quote

Hmmmm

You sure Jan 9th? On a Wednesday? LOL

Craig
BenT Syncro
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:52 pm    Post subject: Re: bURNINGvAN, San Francisco Ocean Beach: Jan. 19, 2019 Reply with quote

Typo. Duly corrected.
blockhead squarewheels
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:01 pm    Post subject: Re: bURNINGvAN, San Francisco Ocean Beach: Jan. 19, 2019 Reply with quote

Super stoked for my first Vanagon event after 6 years and 2 vans. Ill also be hitting Mt. Tam on my bike if anyone is interested.
BenT Syncro
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:14 pm    Post subject: Re: bURNINGvAN, San Francisco Ocean Beach: Jan. 19, 2019 Reply with quote

See you in 17 days!
Simpdog5
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:54 pm    Post subject: Re: bURNINGvAN, San Francisco Ocean Beach: Jan. 19, 2019 Reply with quote

Looking forward to attending my first bURNINGvAN! Come by and say hi!

Mark

cmayna
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:08 pm    Post subject: Re: bURNINGvAN, San Francisco Ocean Beach: Jan. 19, 2019 Reply with quote

Weather permitting, smoked salmon on me.

Craig
Simpdog5
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:04 pm    Post subject: Re: bURNINGvAN, San Francisco Ocean Beach: Jan. 19, 2019 Reply with quote

I'm hoping to get a surf in and meet a bunch of good folks. Will have some cold adult beverages on ice for the afternoon wind-down for those so inclined!

Mark
syncrodoka
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:10 pm    Post subject: Re: bURNINGvAN, San Francisco Ocean Beach: Jan. 19, 2019 Reply with quote

Wot is this Van-of-burning you speak of?
BenT Syncro
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:09 am    Post subject: Re: bURNINGvAN, San Francisco Ocean Beach: Jan. 19, 2019 Reply with quote

Mary-yo! You coming?
syncrodoka
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:13 am    Post subject: Re: bURNINGvAN, San Francisco Ocean Beach: Jan. 19, 2019 Reply with quote

Magic 8 ball sez signs point to yes.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Jump to:
Page 9 of 14

Jump to: