Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Cool things youve found in buses while cleaning/gutting?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:41 am    Post subject: Re: Cool things youve found in buses while cleaning/gutting? Reply with quote

Well, that’s the end of this thread

Laughing
Wasted youth
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:47 am    Post subject: Re: Cool things youve found in buses while cleaning/gutting? Reply with quote

Boy, that’s a lot of stuff! Almost the weight of another passenger.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
KentABQ Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:23 am    Post subject: Re: Cool things youve found in buses while cleaning/gutting? Reply with quote

Wasted youth wrote:
Boy, that’s a lot of stuff! Almost the weight of another passenger.

...almost the weight of another bus... Laughing

"I must say, how can you be in a bad mood driving this vehicle full of vibrant color.
Cars of today are so bland in comparison. It's like driving a celebration!"
---WildIdea

Bus ownership via emoticons:
Very Happy Shocked Mad Sad Embarassed d'oh! Pray Brick wall Pray Dancing Dancing Dancing ---williamM
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
71whitewesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:36 am    Post subject: Re: Cool things youve found in buses while cleaning/gutting? Reply with quote

^^what a haul Stuart! A well prepared bus owner. I really like that bus too. Very Happy
1969 Tucker Sno cat 542
2017 VW Alltrac
71 tin top stock 1600 DP (project but runs)
Twin 71 White Westy, Bus 2, that I pulled from a 15 year slumber in a dry eastern WA field in 2015.
1966 Sundial Camper "Boomer"
doug-ocon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:50 am    Post subject: Re: Cool things youve found in buses while cleaning/gutting? Reply with quote

About 20 years ago I bought a '70 blue california weekender to replace my rusty red '70 Sportsmobile camper ( the rear torsion tube had rusted through and broken). I am on the east coast.

the Blue van came stripped on the interior ( had one old bean bag seat in it for the passengers) and had no motor or trans . It was a real project to move the entire camper package from the old red bus to the new Blue weekender ( including cutting in the Sportmobile pop-top) .

As part of swap I took the wiper motor out of the red Bus and found a sheet of S&H Green trading stamps on top of the motor( you old timers may remember them) . WHen I removed the old wiper motor from the blue bus to replace it I found a sheet of Blue trading stamps ( california version of S&H) on top of the motor .....It was Karma

10 years ago bus was sold to a hippie and his girl friend .... they were going to drive it back to california...
Wasted youth
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Cool things youve found in buses while cleaning/gutting? Reply with quote

Yay! Blue Chip Stamps!

I got my first boom box with about six of those books all filled up. 1982!
Sawspa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Cool things youve found in buses while cleaning/gutting? Reply with quote

I found a Stick-Up. It was in a great place. Smile
alaskadan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Cool things youve found in buses while cleaning/gutting? Reply with quote

An acorn in a clogged main heat duct under the belly of the van. No oak trees up here.
Jetfxr69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Cool things youve found in buses while cleaning/gutting? Reply with quote

Tie-dyed hackey sack. Remember them silly things? Worst part it was mine from a long time ago.
alman72
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Cool things youve found in buses while cleaning/gutting? Reply with quote

Jetfxr69 wrote:
Tie-dyed hackey sack. Remember them silly things? Worst part it was mine from a long time ago.

I have seen those things pop up with the kids these days. It blows their mind to see an old guy kick it around. Just have to ice those knees afterwards!
busmania
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2023 7:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Cool things youve found in buses while cleaning/gutting? Reply with quote

Revival time. Been a minute.

Found this cool pin in a 40 ford (sorry not a bus but I still love finding stuff in old cars!)

I wish I remembered what bus I was working on when I started this thread!

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:13 am    Post subject: Re: Cool things youve found in buses while cleaning/gutting? Reply with quote

Stuart, do you still have those hash browns?

Hungry…
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27
Jump to:
Page 27 of 27

Jump to: