Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

VW abortions, homemade bastards, post em.....
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2066, 2067, 2068 ... 2181, 2182, 2183  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Reader's Rides Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
67rustavenger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:30 am    Post subject: Re: VW abortions, homemade bastards, post em..... Reply with quote

Man nice work there.
I wouldn't classify this as an abortion. It appears that you put allot of thought into the build.
Judging by the wear on the front tires. I'd say that you have been shredding the Finnish roads with a huge grin on your face.

I'd rock that anyday!

Thanks for sharing.

There's never enough time to do it right the first time. But there's always enough time to do it thrice.
GFY's Xevin and VW_Jimbo!
Sepi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:53 am    Post subject: Re: VW abortions, homemade bastards, post em..... Reply with quote

67rustavenger wrote:
Man nice work there.
I wouldn't classify this as an abortion. It appears that you put allot of thought into the build.
Judging by the wear on the front tires. I'd say that you have been shredding the Finnish roads with a huge grin on your face.

I'd rock that anyday!

Thanks for sharing.

Those tyres are Pirelli P7 Corsa Classic semi slicks and yes, the grin stays long after riding
VeeDubWolf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:39 am    Post subject: Re: VW abortions, homemade bastards, post em..... Reply with quote

Sepi wrote:
Have you seen my KART?
If you google beetlekart, you'll see the story how scrap superbeetle got a new life. I couldn't add the youtube link...

Found it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVVwyEeKyrI
Also, your pictures appear to have broken, if you upload them to TheSamba they can be around forever! Cool
-Plus a wide assortment of various parts'n'junk
Keith
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:29 am    Post subject: Re: VW abortions, homemade bastards, post em..... Reply with quote

67rustavenger wrote:
Man nice work there.

I'd rock that anyday!

Thanks for sharing.

There is another part to the title of this thread.... “and homemade bastards”. That means anything made at home. It doesn’t mean it is ugly or messed up.

"I firmly believe that some villagers from Botswana could probably build a better road than PennDot."- Splitty

"If you do anything to your car someone will hate on you for it. People absolutely love to complain and find fault with others. Don't let it bother you. Just live and have fun."- Lind
VeeDubWolf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:34 am    Post subject: Re: VW abortions, homemade bastards, post em..... Reply with quote

Yup, that BeetleKart is a handsome well-crafted bastard! A build to be proud of! Cool
ach60 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:37 pm    Post subject: Re: VW abortions, homemade bastards, post em..... Reply with quote

IN2VWS wrote:
79SuperVert wrote:
Beautiful and ingenious. Does it work well at speed? I'm not an aerodynamics expert, but I understand that airflow over the car affects how well the air enters the vents. Does the air reach the vents down there well enough when you're traveling at speed?

I don't have any problems. Oil temp doesn't get too hot. I was sitting on the freeway for an hour at 66mph....no problems at all.

I bought the car as it sits. So I can't take any credit for the work. I bought it from a Facebook ad from a guy in Norway.

Is Norway one of those places where it gets cold & dark for six months, so there is nothing to do but bend & weld metal?
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
VWporscheGT3
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:36 pm    Post subject: Re: VW abortions, homemade bastards, post em..... Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:
Bashr52 wrote:
The lack of any belts on the front of this engine confirms it's just a trailer queen. I doubt it's ever had gas in it.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Looks like some remnants of a shredded fan belt on that lower hose below the crank pulley. I wonder if it runs enough to load/unload from the trailer but pulley alignment wasn't a priority in the build?

I was there, i saw it run, watched it pull into the main hall. that being said... im not a fan

I like being wrong, Because, it is another opportunity to learn. If you stop learning from your mistakes than what is the point?

If you have any questions about Forged ICON 4032 VW pistons just shoot me a line.
andk5591
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:56 pm    Post subject: Re: VW abortions, homemade bastards, post em..... Reply with quote

Kart is very cool! Nice work.
"John's car" 64 VW woodie - The first ever
Maxine 61 Cal-look bug - Cindy's daily driver.
Max - 73 standard Beetle hearse project - For sale
66 bug project - Real patina & Suby conversion
There's more, but not keeping them...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Merlin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:28 am    Post subject: Re: VW abortions, homemade bastards, post em..... Reply with quote

iowegian wrote:
People who are allowed to have signature lines annoy me.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
finster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:44 pm    Post subject: Re: VW abortions, homemade bastards, post em..... Reply with quote

chopped new beetle - nein danke!

Bunglebus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:43 pm    Post subject: Re: VW abortions, homemade bastards, post em..... Reply with quote

Funky!
Do what you want. Ignore the elitists. Drive your VW. Enjoy life.
andk5591
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:04 pm    Post subject: Re: VW abortions, homemade bastards, post em..... Reply with quote

finster wrote:

Ya know, I kinda like it...for a New Beetle.
"John's car" 64 VW woodie - The first ever
Maxine 61 Cal-look bug - Cindy's daily driver.
Max - 73 standard Beetle hearse project - For sale
66 bug project - Real patina & Suby conversion
There's more, but not keeping them...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
VeeDubWolf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:02 am    Post subject: Re: VW abortions, homemade bastards, post em..... Reply with quote

New Beetle, stepped on by Godzilla, owner keeps driving it despite head-room complaints by friends and family.
Fish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:14 pm    Post subject: Re: VW abortions, homemade bastards, post em..... Reply with quote

finster wrote:

Similar to a Audi TT.

.·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·..><((((º>
.·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·..><((((º>

# 303 and #156

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
splitjunkie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:29 pm    Post subject: Re: VW abortions, homemade bastards, post em..... Reply with quote

A rather well known abortion.

Link

You know, a lot of these scratches will buff right out... Jerry Seinfeld
VeeDubWolf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:23 am    Post subject: Re: VW abortions, homemade bastards, post em..... Reply with quote

I didn't know about it! That's one cool ride! Twisted Evil
...though apparently it has its issues. Laughing
Oh, but it's a screen-used movie car, awesome!
Bunglebus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:41 am    Post subject: Re: VW abortions, homemade bastards, post em..... Reply with quote

Absolute icon from from my favourite 80's movies - even if it is the worst one of the trilogy.

Think the guy needs to get a Volkswagen mechanic to tune it and sort the gearbox/linkage problems though
Do what you want. Ignore the elitists. Drive your VW. Enjoy life.
finster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:56 am    Post subject: Re: VW abortions, homemade bastards, post em..... Reply with quote

...and lower the front end while they're at it!
splitjunkie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:24 am    Post subject: Re: VW abortions, homemade bastards, post em..... Reply with quote

finster wrote:

The front was a little higher in the film but I think the main problem now is that the rear torsion bars have sagged and need to be bumped up a notch or two to get it to where it was.

I also agree they need to get a VW mechanic to go over the mechanicals. There is no reason for the issues other than being out of adjustment.

You know, a lot of these scratches will buff right out... Jerry Seinfeld
Bashr52
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:15 am    Post subject: Re: VW abortions, homemade bastards, post em..... Reply with quote

splitjunkie wrote:
finster wrote:

The front was a little higher in the film but I think the main problem now is that the rear torsion bars have sagged and need to be bumped up a notch or two to get it to where it was.

I also agree they need to get a VW mechanic to go over the mechanicals. There is no reason for the issues other than being out of adjustment.

Ugh, that was cool but painful to watch. The amount of detail that was put into the restoration of that car to make it visually as perfect as possible, but the neglect that was given to the running gear is painful.

Watching him struggle to drive the thing while knowing the issues are not that hard to fix is maddening.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Reader's Rides All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2066, 2067, 2068 ... 2181, 2182, 2183  Next
Jump to:
Page 2067 of 2183

Jump to: