Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Today in Bus hunting history...
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 912, 913, 914 ... 988, 989, 990  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnshenry Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:06 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

BUCIOBATISTI wrote:
cru62 wrote:
Anyone know who snagged the Atascadero stash? I had been chasing them for 20+ years. I heard they didn’t go cheap. From what info I was able to get from the sellers Mom there was a DC, ~56/57 SC and an oval bug plus misc. parts. After Mom died I talked to her Brother who said there were “issues”. He asked me what they were worth but wouldn’t left me look at them. The next time I was by they were all moved behind a fence and even harder to see. The last time I was by they were gone. Oh well!

Yes, they ended up all over Central and Northern California.

A friend got the Oval and the Single Cab was for sale here on samba a couple weeks ago. Looks to have sold rather quickly.

I bought the single cab. It is a late March truck. Located in Massachusetts as of yesterday. Will be resurrected as a patina driver for the near term. The double cab went to San Martin and the oval went to Monterey.

'57 Deluxe
'56 Single Cab
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Riff Raff
Shivering Sambian

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

Trevor P wrote:
Picked up this Sept 58 kombi on the weekend. Pretty happy with the prairie sunburn on the og dove blue.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

That bus needs to come to papa. It is 140 VIN's earlier than Daisy. Built the same day, came over on the same boat, likely sold from the same dealership. Long lost siblings waiting to be reunited after 60 years.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
dmuis
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

Funny, I thought of you Keith when I first saw Trevor post this one.

Riff Raff wrote:
Trevor P wrote:
Picked up this Sept 58 kombi on the weekend. Pretty happy with the prairie sunburn on the og dove blue.

That bus needs to come to papa. It is 140 VIN's earlier than Daisy. Built the same day, came over on the same boat, likely sold from the same dealership. Long lost siblings waiting to be reunited after 60 years.

swharris
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:59 am    Post subject: Well, they are still out there apparently. S0-42 spotted Reply with quote

Well, apparently good finds are still out there kiddies.

Coming home from a quail hunt yesterday evening I spotted some lucky dude with his score rolling into L.A. on the grapevine. It was a very complete SO-42 and it even had some deluxe bumper trim thrown in. So sorry for the horrible cell phone pic, but 70mph out the window in heavy traffic is tough.

The bus looked complete but I obviously could not tell if the interior was there, but considering the exterior, I'm sure it was. Needed rockers and had obviously been in a wet climate.

A well-heeled owner driving what had to be an 80k Denali truck means I'm not sure, but obviously they are on the high-end folk radar. They peeled off heading to the Santa Clarita / Antelope Valley 14. Anyone here claim this find??
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
type2rescuemaine
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Well, they are still out there apparently. S0-42 spotted Reply with quote

swharris wrote:
Well, apparently good finds are still out there kiddies.

Coming home from a quail hunt yesterday evening I spotted some lucky dude with his score rolling into L.A. on the grapevine. It was a very complete SO-42 and it even had some deluxe bumper trim thrown in. So sorry for the horrible cell phone pic, but 70mph out the window in heavy traffic is tough.

The bus looked complete but I obviously could not tell if the interior was there, but considering the exterior, I'm sure it was. Needed rockers and had obviously been in a wet climate.

A well-heeled owner driving what had to be an 80k Denali truck means I'm not sure, but obviously they are on the high-end folk radar. They peeled off heading to the Santa Clarita / Antelope Valley 14. Anyone here claim this find??

Check out @francisco_thebushunter on Instagram, he just posted a picture yesterday of what I believe is this bus on what looks to be the same trailer.
Squilly
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

Pulled this single cab out from its resting place 10,000+ feet in the mountains a couple weeks ago! Seems the mountain air is nice to the metal but I'm sure the snow piling up around it didn't help to preserve it. The treasure chest area is a bit crusty but the original gates are some of the straightest I've ever seen!

The title says its a 1957, still need to verify that with the VIN....

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
LAGrunthaner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

Looks super clean WillMoss, congratulations.

WillMoss wrote:
Pulled this single cab out from its resting place 10,000+ feet in the mountains a couple weeks ago! Seems the mountain air is nice to the metal but I'm sure the snow piling up around it didn't help to preserve it. The treasure chest area is a bit crusty but the original gates are some of the straightest I've ever seen!

The title says its a 1957, still need to verify that with the VIN....

www.mauiroadsters.com
http://www.oacdp.org
Lind wrote:
Have you considered simply starting with a nicer bus? I don't know what your skills are, but the race is easier if you can see the finish line. If you are not a runner, don't start off doing a marathon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Squilly
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

Thanks! Pretty complete bus, but my Westy is keeping me busy for now so I’m letting my younger brother take it on.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
LAGrunthaner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

I hear you on that Westy WillMoss same here keeping me from other projects sitting in storage. Tell your brother to post a thread of this build.

WillMoss wrote:
Thanks! Pretty complete bus, but my Westy is keeping me busy for now so I’m letting my younger brother take it on.

www.mauiroadsters.com
Lind wrote:
Have you considered simply starting with a nicer bus? I don't know what your skills are, but the race is easier if you can see the finish line. If you are not a runner, don't start off doing a marathon.
ryangabert
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

We got some pictures of this truck a couple years ago, but could never quite figure out where it was at. I heard it got sold a few months ago, and chalked it up to a loss. It came up for sale locally today and we finally got our hands on it. I believe it’s a September 1956.

crukab
Samba Chef

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:11 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

Wow !!! Very cool shot ^^^^^^
Is this your second Singlecab ?? Nice score !!!!

My Pops:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=604100&highlight=
I know you will always be with me, rest in peace with no more pain. 8/13/14.....

In the yard right now:
'51 Dodge 5 window truck
'65 Bug
'66 Singlecab
'82 Rabbit Truck Diesel from CALI Smile
'86 Doublecab W/T
'91 Vanagon carat/wolfsbrg.Tiico
'88 Dodge Ram pickup
'11 Jetta Wagon
velvetgreen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:04 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

I saw it F/S on Fakebook for what seemed to be a very reasonable price given how dry it seems to be
Skim
Rants Master

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

velvetgreen wrote:
I saw it F/S on Fakebook for what seemed to be a very reasonable price given how dry it seems to be

Yup I got tagged like 3 times on FB and for that price someone got a steal.
1954 Sunroof
1959 Lowlight Ghia vert
1960 Lt Grey Double Cab SMZ LEGIT
1963 Deluxe Turkis Walk Thru 15 Window OG Paint
LAGrunthaner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:46 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

What did it sell for?

Skim wrote:
velvetgreen wrote:

Yup I got tagged like 3 times on FB and for that price someone got a steal.

www.mauiroadsters.com
Lind wrote:
'64cal lookdub
1200 Deluxe

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

A friend of a friend pulled this '67 Titian Red Standard recently, I went to go look at it yesterday. Pretty solid bus all around but it had been hit bad on the drivers side. Someone cut out the wrinkled panel and then screwed it back on and covered it with a shit ton of bondo. He wanted 6k for it but ended up selling it to his son.

'64cal lookdub
1200 Deluxe

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

velvetgreen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

^^^^looks pretty dry and clean with patina and texas plates- all good except for small little problem on drivers side long panel. definitely saveable considering what i have seen brought back to life. what's with the ignition hacked in to the nose- never saw that before
AC Mack
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

I believe the key switch on nose, is related to a alarm system. ???
1966 Westfalia so42 Schiebedach fabrik 4864
1967 Model 231 EZ Kamper # 1940
1978 Westfalia P 31 / 1987 Westfalia Wolfram Grau
Split Bus Club / Lost Coast Bays / North Coast Vans
Long may that Split Bus run!
Always and Everywhere Volkswagen
BarryL Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:36 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

Sheesh, not bad attoll. The passenger seat is icing on the cake. Were bullets what took out the glass? Looks like a bullet hole #1 & #2 behind driver. Had engine?
zozo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:41 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

ryangabert wrote:
We got some pictures of this truck a couple years ago, but could never quite figure out where it was at. I heard it got sold a few months ago, and chalked it up to a loss. It came up for sale locally today and we finally got our hands on it. I believe it’s a September 1956.

Any idea what date in September?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 912, 913, 914 ... 988, 989, 990  Next
Jump to:
Page 913 of 990

Jump to: