Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

vw polo
Forum Index -> Water-cooled VW Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
patorce
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:32 pm    Post subject: vw polo Reply with quote

Hi all

I want to aks for any advice or idea for VW polo 1.4 16v AFH engine and the problems are/was:

1. i got unstable RPM too low around 400 rpms and if i removed the foot from the gas pedal it was immediately shut off but if i keep it 1000 rpms till reaches 90 degrees temp then the idle was jumping between 1000 and 1300 rpms then the car shuts off on the traffic lite. (solved this my stepper motor on the Throttle body was dead so i repleaced with new TB and now the idle is perfect 900 rpms) - Solved

2. After the idle is fixed the car cuts out randomly.. its working 5 to 15 mins and cuts out. Unable to start up again until 30 or 40 min pass ..engine cranks but no start. Cause of this symptoms i replace following items ( spark plugs, rotor arm, dizzy cap and checked the cables with ohm meter (they are ok all 4)). The problem still persists and now i noticed one more symptom like my engine works on 3 cyl instead on all 4. Smell of petrol can be felt in the car and outside... at the end under the end of exhaust there is wet stain which smells like petrol. - could be the hall sensor is messing with me? or its the crankshaft sensor?

3. this morning i found new symptom also.. my battery is drained to 10 v by itself.. got started with cables meassured with volt meter and while car works on the battery i got 14.3 volts which means my alternator is alive i hope.

Any ideas or advice's are welcomed in this enigma

Thanks to all

Cheers
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Water-cooled VW All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: