Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Parts Pile Buggy Build
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
markdam
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:42 am    Post subject: Re: Parts Pile Buggy Build Reply with quote

putttin the juice to that thing is RAD. Cant wait to see the video
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
slalombuggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:28 am    Post subject: Re: Parts Pile Buggy Build Reply with quote

The top on my buggy is fiberglass. I found it about 10 years ago when I bought a couple baja bugs and a buggy that turned out was the same body as mine (1 of 17 made) so that was lucky. I then proceeded to chop the roof 6 inches so the opening on the side is only 18 but the roof sits down right on the cage.

I'm putting even more motor in the race car so stay tuned......

brad
Merk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:39 am    Post subject: Re: Parts Pile Buggy Build Reply with quote

slalombuggy wrote:
The top on my buggy is fiberglass. I found it about 10 years ago when I bought a couple baja bugs and a buggy that turned out was the same body as mine (1 of 17 made) so that was lucky. I then proceeded to chop the roof 6 inches so the opening on the side is only 18 but the roof sits down right on the cage.

I'm putting even more motor in the race car so stay tuned......

brad

The rounded shape is real nice.

I have been watching the B-Ville thread from the begining. It's Epic.

Merk
Merk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:47 am    Post subject: Re: Parts Pile Buggy Build Reply with quote

The Outboard ,hydraulic assembly is self contained, weight is 14 lbs. 5 inch of travel 5000 lbs of push, power in and out, 9-14 inch eye to eye.

https://www.boatstore.com/th-marine-elct0078-7050-...gLoFPD_BwE

I'm still considering other pumps and ram units.

Any suggestions ?
Merk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Parts Pile Buggy Build Reply with quote

It's alive! Temporary parts for testing only but it moves. I think the arm length will work. The hydraulic unit won't work on it's side. I'm thinking up some mods to get it to work horizontal. If not a single ram would fit right in there. I'm looking at one that is a few inches longer and would extend into the tunnel.
The boat unit is 9"-14" The single ram 10"-16". One inch more stroke and 2" longer. That's about what I need for rear also. Then It needs a pump and valves.

Going to look at some hydraulic parts this week.

Need some heim joints to link up the front beams so that both rotate together.

I better learn how to post video. Very Happy

Merk
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
markdam
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Parts Pile Buggy Build Reply with quote

Popcorn Popcorn Popcorn Popcorn Popcorn
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Merk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:10 am    Post subject: Re: Parts Pile Buggy Build Reply with quote

markdam wrote:
Popcorn Popcorn Popcorn Popcorn Popcorn

Hello:
Thanks for the popcorn. I see you are also working on a Clipper Buggy. I like them.

Merk
markdam
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:32 am    Post subject: Re: Parts Pile Buggy Build Reply with quote

The California Clipper is by far and away the best fiberglass dune buggy even above the manx ever built in the universe.! Ok Ok
slalombuggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Parts Pile Buggy Build Reply with quote

markdam wrote:
The California Clipper is by far and away the best fiberglass dune buggy even above the manx ever built in the universe.! Ok Ok

Yup, just behind the Bounty Hunter/Deserter body LOL.

brad
markdam
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Parts Pile Buggy Build Reply with quote

Speaking of tops...... I do have a Corsair dune buggy fiberglass top that was on my clipper that is for sale they're all so close that I guess you can interchange them a little bit
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: