Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

2012-2019 VW Beetle Heritage rims on an EV Weekender
Forum Index -> Eurovan Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
50Splitman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:40 am    Post subject: 2012-2019 VW Beetle Heritage rims on an EV Weekender Reply with quote

Hi -

I came across a set of new takeoffs for a price I couldn't refuse! They seem to bolt up just fine, and don't seem to interfere with anything. Seems like it would be a great vintage yet modern look for my EV.

There even seems to be a reinforced tire available on Tirerack that matches the Beetle factory size.

So...am I taking a major risk with these rims failing given the size of the EV vs. a Beetle? These rims seem pretty stout, and I'm not overloading my EV - basically more more than 2 people and a few VW parts for swap meets, but that's about it.

I'd appreciate any feedback!
Zeitgeist 13
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:31 pm    Post subject: Re: 2012-2019 VW Beetle Heritage rims on an EV Weekender Reply with quote

Mount em up worry free. They look great too

'89 Bluestar ALH w/12mm Waldo pump, PP764 and GT2052
'01 Weekender --> full camper
y u rune klassik?
Jon Folks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:52 am    Post subject: Re: 2012-2019 VW Beetle Heritage rims on an EV Weekender Reply with quote

Post a picture when you are done!
50Splitman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:39 pm    Post subject: Re: 2012-2019 VW Beetle Heritage rims on an EV Weekender Reply with quote

Will do!

Since the factory Beetle tires are really made for the weight of that car, I'm want to switch out to a heavier-duty tire.

No 102 rating exists for this size, but Vredestein makes an XL rated tire for this size:

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=...mpare1=yes

I'm running 102 Vredesteins on factory alloys now, and it is a great ride. Any thoughts on whether the XL tires are still too weak and I should play around with sizes that fit this rim to find a 102 rating?
VAEV1993
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:21 am    Post subject: Re: 2012-2019 VW Beetle Heritage rims on an EV Weekender Reply with quote

There is a photo in the Wheel Thread of someone else using these too.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=667976

Let us know how they turn out for ya.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwwestyman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:46 pm    Post subject: Re: 2012-2019 VW Beetle Heritage rims on an EV Weekender Reply with quote

I had these Heritage rims installed on my Westy for a couple years, but switched them for off-road type tires. Tried to sell them a couple times but couldn't, then bought this Van that needed tires! So I swapped them on.

Fit great!

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

President, Wild Westerner Club

1978 Champagne Edition Westy, repowered to '97 Jetta TDI
1973 Wild Westerner
My Thing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Zeitgeist 13
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:56 pm    Post subject: Re: 2012-2019 VW Beetle Heritage rims on an EV Weekender Reply with quote

Looks really good. You need to crank up your torsion bars to bring the front end level with the rear.

'89 Bluestar ALH w/12mm Waldo pump, PP764 and GT2052
'01 Weekender --> full camper
y u rune klassik?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Eurovan All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: