Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Big License plate problem
Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
This page may contain links to eBay where the site receives compensation.
liawoft
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:55 pm    Post subject: Big License plate problem Reply with quote

So I have three cars, well for this forum. 71 bug, 72 squareback, 73 thing. The issue is I have a " it's not a car it's a type three" on the squareback. I have only seen the sticker for the thing. Does anyone know where I can get it in plate form for the thing. I think they look naked with no tag up there. Thanks more to come I am sure.
77kafer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Big License plate problem Reply with quote

Cut a piece of sheet metal or aluminum sheet. Stick the "It's not a car it's a THING" sticker on it. Mount that on the front, and you have your front plate.

Overheard on 27 June 07, one lady to another when they saw my Harli in a parking lot at West Point, "maybe he found it on the clearance aisle at the Volkswagen dealer"
mondshine
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Big License plate problem Reply with quote

If either of these will do it for you, send me a PM, and I will email the vector file.
Any sign shop will make this for you.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Blanks:
https://signchicken.com/7-x-12-OVAL-LICENSE-PLATES-sublimation-blank-10-Pieces-6003.htm
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
4118thing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:26 am    Post subject: Re: Big License plate problem Reply with quote

What do sign shops normally charge for these? In your experience.
mondshine
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:35 am    Post subject: Re: Big License plate problem Reply with quote

I submitted an inquiry to the link I posted above, just for my own curiosity.

I believe these are dye sublimation printed on aluminum blanks, with some sort of anti-UV coating.

I have not heard back from them, but they do offer similar products for about 20 bucks.

More later, Mondshine

Last edited by mondshine on Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:41 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
4118thing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:29 am    Post subject: Re: Big License plate problem Reply with quote

I had one for my Mini

“”Contrary to popular belief, it is possible to have sex in the back seat...you just happen to be in the front seat at the same time”
mondshine
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:52 am    Post subject: Re: Big License plate problem Reply with quote

As I had mentioned, I submitted an inquiry to the link I posted above, just for my own curiosity.
These are dye sublimation printed on aluminum blanks, with some sort of anti-UV coating.

Update:
I received word from Mike K. at Signchicken.com.
He has the vector version of the artwork I posted above, but you can PM me for it, if preferred.
A single plate (either version) will be $16.99 plus shipping.
For 10 or more, the price is $11.00 each plus shipping.

I don't need one of these, so contact Mike directly, or set up a group purchase if you'd like.

Good luck, Mondshine
citroen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Big License plate problem Reply with quote

but they look good with that plate
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
HMVWNAB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:40 am    Post subject: Re: Big License plate problem Reply with quote

citroen wrote:
but they look good with that plate

You decided to go without black border?
liawoft
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Big License plate problem Reply with quote

Is that the plate from signchicken? does it sit in front of your bumper?
hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Big License plate problem Reply with quote

liawoft wrote:
Is that the plate from signchicken? does it sit in front of your bumper?

The license bracket is upside down.

I wonder what the nut looks like.

'62 L390 151, '62 L469 117, '63 L380 113, '64 L87 311, '65 L512 265, '65 L31 SO-42, '66 L360 251, '68 L30k 141, '71 L12 113, '74 ORG 181

FU#5
citroen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Big License plate problem Reply with quote

yes its sits in front of the bumper and the bracket is a straight bracket there is not up or down on the bracket and I don't know what brand it is brother had in his house for a few years
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
kubelmann
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:08 am    Post subject: Re: Big License plate problem Reply with quote

Here is one of them for sale on EBay
VW "it's not a car... it's a THING"

METAL SIGN 7" X 12" !EXCELLENT CONDITION!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/223246114790?ul_noapp=true
liawoft
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Big License plate problem Reply with quote

Over $37 with shipping, final bid. Wow
Ron Domeck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Big License plate problem Reply with quote

Citroen's plate is a stamped plate from about 15 years ago.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: