Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Bulli Brigade 25 - November 10th - Clearwater, Florida
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
gondiwindi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Bulli Brigade 25 - November 10th - Clearwater, Florida Reply with quote

VWsArent4Hippies wrote:
gondiwindi wrote:
I do hate to complain but

So the volunteers that donate their time should have to tend to the shirt stand for 7 hrs, missing the whole show, because it’s too much of an inconvenience for you to wait in line for 30 minutes?

Maths ain’t your strong point right? Shirts start selling at 1030. Shirts all sold out within a couple of hours give or take... show ends at what 2? Where do you get 7 hrs from that Rolling Eyes

Change and improvement is no doubt scary, but I am simply offering an alternative solution that would be a win-win for everyone.
VWAdam
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:07 am    Post subject: Re: Bulli Brigade 25 - November 10th - Clearwater, Florida Reply with quote

gondiwindi wrote:
VWsArent4Hippies wrote:
gondiwindi wrote:

So the volunteers that donate their time should have to tend to the shirt stand for 7 hrs, missing the whole show, because it’s too much of an inconvenience for you to wait in line for 30 minutes?

Maths ain’t your strong point right? Shirts start selling at 1030. Shirts all sold out within a couple of hours give or take... show ends at what 2? Where do you get 7 hrs from that Rolling Eyes

Change and improvement is no doubt scary, but I am simply offering an alternative solution that would be a win-win for everyone.

If you think they didn’t do anything before the shirts magically appeared you are delusional.
The show I run begins at 8am but I’m there setting up no later than 6am and there after everyone leaves. O

'59 Euro Beetle ragtop
'63 Standard Microbus

Come to my show! www.volksjam.com

Looking for badge/sticker/frame from Western Motors in Great Falls, Montana
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
pyrOman
Fire Master

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:59 am    Post subject: Re: Bulli Brigade 25 - November 10th - Clearwater, Florida Reply with quote

VWAdam wrote:
gondiwindi wrote:
VWsArent4Hippies wrote:
gondiwindi wrote:

If you think they didn’t do anything before the shirts magically appeared you are delusional.
The show I run begins at 8am but I’m there setting up no later than 6am and there after everyone leaves. O

^^^THIS!^^^ Rolling Eyes

It’s called behind the scenes work for a good reason. Nobody sees it. Cool
VWAdam
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:26 am    Post subject: Re: Bulli Brigade 25 - November 10th - Clearwater, Florida Reply with quote

pyrOman wrote:
VWAdam wrote:
gondiwindi wrote:
VWsArent4Hippies wrote:
gondiwindi wrote:

Change and improvement is no doubt scary, but I am simply o ffering an alternative solution that would be a win-win for everyone.

^^^THIS!^^^ Rolling Eyes

It’s called behind the scenes work for a good reason. Nobody sees it. Cool

Most people have no clue what it takes to put on a show. I enjoy it (otherwise I wouldn’t do it) but it’s a lot of work. It’s why I try to thank the people running a show I attend because I know what that can mean.
Side note, it’s a lot of work to sell and ship shirts out after the fact. I’ve done that as well and stopped it after a couple of years. Too much hassle.

'59 Euro Beetle ragtop
'63 Standard Microbus

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
gondiwindi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Bulli Brigade 25 - November 10th - Clearwater, Florida Reply with quote

Painful... Now I get the whole Instagram thing. It took me a while.
VWsArent4Hippies
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Bulli Brigade 25 - November 10th - Clearwater, Florida Reply with quote

gondiwindi wrote:
VWsArent4Hippies wrote:
gondiwindi wrote:

You’re offering an alternative solution to benefit people like you that are, like I said, too inconvenienced (lazy) to wait in a line for 30 minutes. That’s it. Insinuating that t shirt sales should occur on a pre registration basis, or longer throughout the day would absolutely take 7+ hours. They’ve done a reorder of shirts afterwards for the last couple of years, as well.

Maybe next year you can volunteer to help with the show, since you’re just looking to help “improve” things? Although I’m sure that would take too much of your time, better let other people sit behind a table all day and miss the event
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
gondiwindi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Bulli Brigade 25 - November 10th - Clearwater, Florida Reply with quote

VWsArent4Hippies wrote:
gondiwindi wrote:
VWsArent4Hippies wrote:
gondiwindi wrote:

You’re offering an alternative solution to benefit people like you that are, like I said, too inconvenienced (lazy) to wait in a line for 30 minutes. That’s it. Insinuating that t shirt sales should occur on a pre registration basis, or longer throughout the day would absolutely take 7+ hours. They’ve done a reorder of shirts afterwards for the last couple of years, as well.

Maybe next year you can volunteer to help with the show, since you’re just looking to help “improve” things? Although I’m sure that would take too much of your time, better let other people sit behind a table all day and miss the event

When I posted my thoughts on this forum article there was no mention of show shirts being available after the show anywhere on this thread. Unless I missed it? Maybe including that fact in the general show information at the thread intro would have been helpful? (Caution - Another recommendation...).

Look, I would rather sip a cold beer having lunch with friends than standing in a long and sweaty line to buy a shirt. Does that make me lazy? Probably, but at the end of the day my not owning a bunch of show shirts doesn’t negatively affect my life in anyway.
VWAdam
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Bulli Brigade 25 - November 10th - Clearwater, Florida Reply with quote

Ok, so you pre order a shirt. How do you get it? You’ll have to stand in a line with everyone else who preordered a shirt and have the person find the shirts marked for you. Or if you expect to get it when you enter, that’ll just back up the line of Buses waiting to get into the show.

I stood in line and talked with other Bus guys, same thing I did at the show.

'59 Euro Beetle ragtop
'63 Standard Microbus

gondiwindi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Bulli Brigade 25 - November 10th - Clearwater, Florida Reply with quote

How much is it to ship some show stuff to Florida? Let’s say $10-20. One hour of my time is worth a hell of a lot more than that, so for me it would be a no brainer to order show merch either before or after the show and simply pay for shipping. This could all be part of a show pre-register process. Unless course part of the appeal is keeping the show shirt design under wraps then obviously this won’t work.

If you could preorder would you do it or do you enjoy standing in line?
VWAdam
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:26 am    Post subject: Re: Bulli Brigade 25 - November 10th - Clearwater, Florida Reply with quote

Obviously you didn’t read my above post.

Secondly, do you know how much more work it is to do all of that, ship them out, etc? I did post show orders for my show a few years and stopped because it was just too much hassle.

Do you run a car show? If not, then please just stop with this.
Better yet, why don’t you volunteer to head this new shirt pre order and shipping program?

'59 Euro Beetle ragtop
'63 Standard Microbus

gondiwindi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Bulli Brigade 25 - November 10th - Clearwater, Florida Reply with quote

It’s really not a big deal. Whoever runs this show can take the advice or leave it. It doesn’t get any more complicated than that. Moving onto more interesting stuff.
mg6770
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:52 am    Post subject: Re: Bulli Brigade 25 - November 10th - Clearwater, Florida Reply with quote

gondiwindi wrote:
It’s really not a big deal. Whoever runs this show can take the advice or leave it. It doesn’t get any more complicated than that. Moving onto more interesting stuff.

Dude you know the whine thread closed long ago. So are you going to get in touch with RK to give him your game plan, volunteer your time at the booth and ensure no one is standing in line complaining about a shirt? I doubt it but go ahead and prove me wrong.
Secondly you said you hate to complain (but did) then ended with "it's no big deal." Which one is it?
Phil 4:13
gondiwindi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:39 am    Post subject: Re: Bulli Brigade 25 - November 10th - Clearwater, Florida Reply with quote

You do realize that RK hasn’t visited this site since Oct 2018 right?

Not sure what that means but as my original post stated, this continues to be an awesome and popular show. Per my thought, this isn’t a government run agency or union controlled business or industry so by that right, it’s allowed to improve and be open to feedback or recommendations from those that attend the show.
bubba
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:04 am    Post subject: Re: Bulli Brigade 25 - November 10th - Clearwater, Florida Reply with quote

Thank you RK for another great show.. Sorry it took so long haven't been on here much anymore.. I love putting on the NBS every year. What sucks is selling shirts! What sucks worse is getting stuck with 100+ shirts you can't get rid of.. At 8 bucks a piece to the negative. It's a lot of work dealing with the shirts for a show, design? how many? colors? sizes? Forking out 5 grand in hopes you make your money back.. BUT.. That's what we do.. year in and year out.. Very Happy And just like the No Dough Show.. We don't make a dime on doing it.. We do it so people can come out and have a good time and hang out with old and new friends..Cool
curtain Bungee cords for SO23, 22, 33 ,34 ,35
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1587591
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: