Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Rear Floor Vents
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
jlrftype7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:20 pm    Post subject: Rear Floor Vents Reply with quote

My ‘84 Tin Top does not have the vents at the floor between the front seats, which Bentley lists as all Water Cooled having in section 80.
Is this because I have the rear heater core under the Bench Seat and you didn’t get both those Vents and a Rear Heater, or is it yet another Tin Top versus Westfalia thing.
Or something else like Early Vanagon versus Later Production.... Confused
2017 MINI Coopers, our current DDs
‘84 Tin Top - Hilga....Auto
djkeev
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Rear Floor Vents Reply with quote

Wasn't that an Air Cooled feature?

Later replaced by a rear heater assembly in the WBX'er?

Dave

Ghia
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=392473

Vanagon
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6315537#6315537

Beetle
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=482968&highlight=74+super+vert
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jlrftype7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Rear Floor Vents Reply with quote

Don’t know since Bentley lists the ductwork illustration for Watercooled Vanagons and a different picture for the Aircooled models. But hey, they could be wrong.....Not a major deal, was just curious. Maybe Stuart with Corky can add to this
82westyrabbit
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Rear Floor Vents Reply with quote

The vans with gas heaters had rear vents the early diesel vans had a big plastic thing that took some of the front heat to the back(any one need one). Water cooled vans had a rear heater core. There might be other configurations I have not seen especially in other countries. The Bentley manual shows it pretty clearly. John
Michael4104
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:52 am    Post subject: Re: Rear Floor Vents Reply with quote

I think the diesel vans were the only one to use that configuration. There is a 1983 diesel here at the shop that has that configuration. It runs on the floor, between the front seats.
jlrftype7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:41 am    Post subject: Re: Rear Floor Vents Reply with quote

Michael4104 wrote:
I think the diesel vans were the only one to use that configuration. There is a 1983 diesel here at the shop that has that configuration. It runs on the floor, between the front seats.

Thanks, that’s more info for Samba FAQ to add to the HVAC system
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: