Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

I was 3 when JFK was killed
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:30 pm    Post subject: Re: I was 3 when JFK was killed Reply with quote

nsracing wrote:
I watched that Kennedy video of the shooting... it is obvious there were 2-3 firing positions. As soon as he passed the sign (obscured Kennedy for a moment) see him clasping his throat. Then comes a shot that blew his head off....that shot could have come from the front or back or at an angle.

It is a big ass mystery or an efficient cover-up from the powers that be.

Oswald was a marine but hardly a great shot. Barely qualified rifle.

People who shoot rifles w/ irons -- ask anyone of them and see how hard it is to shoot a moving target the size of a melon from that distance and get a first round hit. You would have to have set that rifle at that known distance and lots of practice.

When I have not fired for awhile, takes me a little to get my groove back before I am where I want..esp in the offhand.

Maybe Oswald was very lucky shot if he was the lone shooter.

And what is Ruby's interest in him?

One thing interesting is --Kennedy told Democrats in the south to stop lynching blacks and 2 days later he was dead.

Like I was saying the whole affair raises many questions. If you get a chance see it for yourself as a shooter you’ll appreciate it more. I still don’t know why he didn’t just take the easy shot as target was approaching him. Someone mentioned it as a creepy place, it still feels that way. I was at a gun show in Arlington wearing a Kennedy T shirt and one of the vendors said something shitty about Kennedy, Texas is still a weird place sometimes.
nsracing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:00 am    Post subject: Re: I was 3 when JFK was killed Reply with quote

You are right about that ..why not take the easier way. Directly in the front - which is where the first shot that hit him in the throat. You don't see him get hit in the throat but clasps his throat after he clears the sign post in the camera.

It looks complicated because it is complicated. Maybe Oswald was really a patsy.

Maybe it was like the movie..Shooter. But this time, the patsy was smart. LOL.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
kingkarmann
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:25 am    Post subject: Re: I was 3 when JFK was killed Reply with quote

I was a young boy that had just turned five. I still vividly remember the event and have always had a interest in the assassination and the aftermath. Hulu has and interesting mini series "11-22-63" starring James Franco. It deals with saving Kennedy from the deed but doesn't speculate on anything past that point. Historians way smarter than I can debate that.
Anyhow, I wish he had been able to live to see his promise of putting a man on the moon before the end of the decade.
LeftToaster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:04 pm    Post subject: Re: I was 3 when JFK was killed Reply with quote

I was born 11 days later. My first recollection of world events was the moon landing that Kennedy set in motion. My Dad went out and bought a new TV for the moon landing.
shortride
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:40 am    Post subject: Re: I was 3 when JFK was killed Reply with quote

I was sitting in my 12th grade Geometry class.

Retired US Army - 21 years 11B40, 173rd Airborne Brig. - Vietnam Combat Veteran
Zeen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:56 pm    Post subject: Re: I was 3 when JFK was killed Reply with quote

nsracing wrote:

People who shoot rifles w/ irons -- ask anyone of them and see how hard it is to shoot a moving target the size of a melon from that distance and get a first round hit. You would have to have set that rifle at that known distance and lots of practice.

When I have not fired for awhile, takes me a little to get my groove back before I am where I want..esp in the offhand.

Oswald had a scope. I went to the plaza, and was surprised how close it was. I could make that shot, and I never received any formal training.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:33 pm    Post subject: Re: I was 3 when JFK was killed Reply with quote

Zeen wrote:
nsracing wrote:

Oswald had a scope. I went to the plaza, and was surprised how close it was. I could make that shot, and I never received any formal training.

That’s a pretty bold statement considering highly qualified marksmen could not get off three rounds per the Warren commission report findings. In order to believe this requires one also believe the single bullet theory. One shot could have been made yes, two would be much more difficult considering time required and bolt action rifle. Three? No way also worth considering the Warren commission report was widely discredited and only believed by 57% of public.

As I wondered before why not take the easy shot when car was coming directly at the so called shooter ? Obviously this and way too many other questions and too long ago. I’ve been there times and still have way too many questions.
rcooled
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:22 pm    Post subject: Re: I was 3 when JFK was killed Reply with quote

Quote:
Maybe Oswald was a very lucky shot...

Quote:
...an efficient cover-up from the powers that be.

For the record, I agree with both of these statements.

I'd like to add another theory about who actually killed JFK. Not mine, but one I find to be very compelling and believable. The Mafia wasn't involved, nor were the Cubans, or the Russians. No big conspiracy of any kind. The fatal shot might've come from someone who would ordinarily be completely above suspicion.

It all goes something like this: Oswald did indeed act alone but he had a totally unexpected ally that day. He fired only two shots from the school depository...one missed the president's car completely and the other was the so-called "magic bullet" that passed thru Kennedy's body, then hit Governor Connolly. This was a steel-jacketed bullet fired from Oswald's vintage Carcano rifle that remained intact even after passing clean thru the two men.

The theory goes on to say that the third and fatal shot was actually fired accidentally by a Secret Service agent by the name of George Hickey, who was in the open-topped car directly behind Kennedy's. After the first two shots were heard, Hickey jumped up onto the rear seat with an AR-15 rifle to possibly return fire. As his car quickly accelerated, he lost his balance and inadvertently squeezed off a round that, against all odds, struck the president in the head. The AR-15 fired a different type of bullet from the Carcano...one that was designed to explode upon impact, not simply to pass thru its target. This explains the small entry wound on the back of Kennedy's head and why his head is seen to explode as the force of the fragmenting bullet blows out the right side of his skull.

The other Secret Service agents in the car with Hickey quickly became aware of this horrible turn of events. But after all, they're entrusted to protect the president with their own lives if necessary and, while operating under a "band-of-brothers" mindset, were able to successfully cover up this fatal mishap. This helps to explain why the Secret Service forceably took over the autopsy proceedings at Parkland Memorial Hospital and why Kennedy's brain (undoubtedly full of tell-tale bullet fragments) was never properly examined and remains unaccounted for to this day.

This is all explained in much greater detail in a book, Mortal Error: The Shot That Killed JFK by Bonar Menninger and Howard Donahue.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mortal_Error

And in a very interesting film available on Amazon Prime:
https://www.amazon.com/JFK-Smoking-Gun-Larry-Day/dp/B00GDUFPTW

And here's a 1992 interview with Howard Donahue that sheds more light on his theory ↓

Link

'69.5 Ghia convertible and
'62, '63, '65, '69 Bugs (all long gone)
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:58 pm    Post subject: Re: I was 3 when JFK was killed Reply with quote

The actual bullet wasn't "undamaged" or "pristine".

Motorcade route was changed at a late moment, so became crime of opportunity for Oswald.

Oswald had wrapped rifle on way to the Depository, told someone it was curtain rods, which of course made no sense.

It has been proven due to alignment of the bodies, JC sitting on little jump seat, that the bullet flight did line up perfectly. The street is pretty inclined there, you need to see that in person.

Such shot has been re-enacted on film using precise measurements several times.
1970 VW (owned since 1972) and 1971 VW Convertible (owned since 1976), second owner of each. The '71 now has the 1835 engine, swapped from the '70. Second owner of each. 1988 Mazda B2200 truck, 1998 Frontier, 2014 Yukon, 2004 Frontier King Cab. All manual transmission except for the Yukon. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335294 http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335297
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:40 am    Post subject: Re: I was 3 when JFK was killed Reply with quote

It’s business as usual, more questions more speculation. As a great man once said “ will it go around in circles?” Billy Preston.
rcooled
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:25 am    Post subject: Re: I was 3 when JFK was killed Reply with quote

Cusser wrote:
The actual bullet wasn't "undamaged" or "pristine".
True, but it was intact. It had deformed a bit, probably from contact with bone in Connolly's body.

Quote:
Motorcade route was changed at a late moment, so became crime of opportunity for Oswald.
Is the original motorcade route known, or exactly when the change was made public? The re-routing might've given him an even better shot than he would've had if the original plan was followed.

Quote:
Oswald had wrapped rifle on way to the Depository, told someone it was curtain rods, which of course made no sense.
I guess the original route still included a pass thru Dealey Plaza because Oswald was prepared anyway, even though he might've not known about the route change.

Quote:
It has been proven due to alignment of the bodies, JC sitting on little jump seat, that the bullet flight did line up perfectly.
Agreed.
'69.5 Ghia convertible and
'62, '63, '65, '69 Bugs (all long gone)
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:59 am    Post subject: Re: I was 3 when JFK was killed Reply with quote

Another year and memories fade a little more.
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:43 pm    Post subject: Re: I was 3 when JFK was killed Reply with quote

I'm sitting at work, a block from where he stayed (and had a speech) the night before his assassination
djkeev
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:41 pm    Post subject: Re: I was 3 when JFK was killed Reply with quote

One of the big three "Where were you when" questions.

Kennedy Shot
Space Shuttle Exploded
9-11

It is amazing how few people were around or all three (I was) .... or two. Even the third one has many "I wasn't" answers today.

Dave

Ghia
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=392473

Vanagon
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6315537#6315537

Beetle
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=482968&highlight=74+super+vert
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:37 pm    Post subject: Re: I was 3 when JFK was killed Reply with quote

djkeev wrote:
One of the big three "Where were you when" questions.

Kennedy Shot
Space Shuttle Exploded
9-11

It is amazing how few people were around or all three (I was) .... or two. Even the third one has many "I wasn't" answers today.

Dave

I remember all three; I was in school in Pittsburgh and teacher had turned on WQED for a science show, and there was a report saying Kennedy had been shot. Later that Friday afternoon the Principal came on the loudspeaker and told us JFK had died, and sent us all home. Neighbor F-Tard kid came over later, was wearing a JFK sweatshirt !!!

Anyway, 9-11-2011, our team had a co-ed softball doubleheader, and Scottsdale AZ did not cancel the games that night. After the games we were sitting on the grass having beers, amazed that the city did not cancel games, and I remarked that this day would be like the day JFK was killed. It turned out that none of my teammates were alive on that 1963 day....
1970 VW (owned since 1972) and 1971 VW Convertible (owned since 1976), second owner of each. The '71 now has the 1835 engine, swapped from the '70. Second owner of each. 1988 Mazda B2200 truck, 1998 Frontier, 2014 Yukon, 2004 Frontier King Cab. All manual transmission except for the Yukon. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335294 http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335297

Last edited by Cusser on Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:03 pm    Post subject: Re: I was 3 when JFK was killed Reply with quote

rcooled wrote:

Quote:
It has been proven due to alignment of the bodies, JC sitting on little jump seat, that the bullet flight did line up perfectly.
Agreed.

The motorcade route was changed the day before, ended up driving DOWN Dealey Plaza (the wrong way). I've been there (1987). And that way it is significantly downhill, so with JC on the jumpseat, turned around, the downhill, all lines up perfectly.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:09 pm    Post subject: Re: I was 3 when JFK was killed Reply with quote

I’ve been there 3 times and still got questions
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:40 pm    Post subject: Re: I was 3 when JFK was killed Reply with quote

I do not remember the day he was shot. I was 5-6 years old. But on the day of the procession and funeral, covered on live TV, my mom kept me and my two brothers home to watch tragic history unfold. I still remember the sound of the horses and the wagon wheels on the pavement, and to this day it gives me chills.
scottyrocks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:31 pm    Post subject: Re: I was 3 when JFK was killed Reply with quote

If you wanna make your head explode (if you'll pardon the pun), take a look at this, and watch the film:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Executive_Action_(film)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycRe9oNWK1E
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: