Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Size of bleeding nipples for '55
Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
don1357
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:28 pm    Post subject: Size of bleeding nipples for '55 Reply with quote

On a 1955, what's the size of the bleeding nipples? JBugs has 6mm x 1mm pitch nipples that on one part of the page says "fits all type 1" while futher down it says "1958~1979".

On my rear brake cylinders both of the damn things snapped. Tomorrow I'm getting a screw extractor to see if I can remove them :-\
virtanen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Size of bleeding nipples for '55 Reply with quote

The threads size is the same for all, but early nipples are longer. I have them as nos for sale if you need any.

When removing broken nipples remember to heat the area well before trying to use the extractor.
New projects
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Ovally
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Size of bleeding nipples for '55 Reply with quote

You need these nipples : VW part 113 611 475
https://www.cip1.ca/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=VWC%2D113%2D611%2D475

Regards.
Mazda 929 Hardtop 1977
Mercedes SLC 180 Roadster 2018
Eric&Barb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Size of bleeding nipples for '55 Reply with quote

don1357 wrote:
On my rear brake cylinders both of the damn things snapped. Tomorrow I'm getting a screw extractor to see if I can remove them :-\

Use the rubber boots to keep water from getting into the bleeder valves that causes them to rust up.

Also use a good anti-seize on the threads of the bleeder valves to to prevent rust getting in from around the outside.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: