Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

72 super fresh air box
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
pnw1302
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:53 am    Post subject: 72 super fresh air box Reply with quote

someone along the life of my bug tossed the fresh air box. only options I have seen are used parts and these used parts are usually not near me. While I am a generally trusting soul, as a rule I like to put my hands on something before I buy it (counterintuitive a bit as I bought the box-less bug in person). is there a new repop available somewhere?
Q-Dog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:38 am    Post subject: Re: 72 super fresh air box Reply with quote

Used is the only option I have seen in 40 years.

'69 Dune Buggy
'69 Beetle Convertible
'70 Beetle
Buggeee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:25 am    Post subject: Re: 72 super fresh air box Reply with quote

I looked a lot and only found used ones, and not many of them at that. Just as I was about to pay too much for one the prior owner texted me saying he had found some more parts for the Super Beetle in his attic. Lol. Fresh air box was one of them. I had found some on Ebay and some in the classifieds here. There is a 2 speed blower inside it and I was not able to find any information on how to rebuild or replace that blower if it is truly goofed up (aside from cleaning it) so look for one that might have a working blower in it. Some were reasonably priced and some were ridiculous so be patient as you search around.
SnowDaySyncro wrote:
Every setback is an opportunity to learn stuff and to buy new tools.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: