Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Deluxe Trim End caps
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
bmx2c4me
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:14 pm    Post subject: Deluxe Trim End caps Reply with quote

Are there trim ends with longer tabs or what is the proper means of installing end pieces on the rear hatch?

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

http://www.simple-transport.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Deluxe Trim End caps Reply with quote

Just so I'm clear- that is a rear hatch strip, right? And not a cut down one? The reason I ask is the end looks to be in great condition- and the mounting screw was installed crooked.

There are varying lengths of the tabs. The shortest ones are on the strip between passenger and cargo door. That tab your holding looks like a repop to me. They are sooo common at swap meets I'm sure you'll find the right tongue length.

Stuff more black trim per foot in the hatch than you did on the driver's side- to allow for shrinkage.

I wonder what the nut looks like.

'62 L390 151, '62 L469 117, '63 L380 113, '64 L87 311, '65 L512 265, '65 L31 SO-42, '66 L360 251, '68 L30k 141, '71 L12 113, '74 ORG 181

FU#5
j.pickens
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:05 am    Post subject: Re: Deluxe Trim End caps Reply with quote

Don't think the wide hatch deluxes had the end caps on the hatch trim ends.

i wish more people would actually drive their vws rather than just talking about what they have in the garage.

Red Fau Veh wrote:
If you've seen one sunroof swivel seat kombi, you've seen them all! Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:15 am    Post subject: Re: Deluxe Trim End caps Reply with quote

They are there on my old low mileage 1964 13-Window.

Hard to see in this photo but you can sort of see the little bent-over "spike" on the edge of the back hatch trim:

Here's a photo from a "trim ends" ad on here, I see a few different styles and hole positions:

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bmx2c4me
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Deluxe Trim End caps Reply with quote

Got it. Thanks for the info. Why would I assume that an aftermarket item would work without modification?!

http://www.simple-transport.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: