Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Looking to buy a new replacement seal for Ghia radio antennae
Forum Index -> Ghia Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
BulliBill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:51 am    Post subject: Looking to buy a new replacement seal for Ghia radio antennae Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Does anyone out there know if a new reproduction antennae-to-body rubber seal is available, and where? I have the original antennae still mounted to my '70 Coupe and the seal is slowly falling apart. The antennae itself is in decent shape and rather than buying some repro junk antennae kit, I'd like to just replace the seal. Thanks for any help, as I figure someone out there has already been through this and can point the way for the rest of us.

Bill Bowman
Thornton VW - Stockton

Thanks for any help!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
crocteau
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking to buy a new replacement seal for Ghia radio antennae Reply with quote

If all else fails you might try making do with one of the oval rubber seals used between the bumper blade and the overrider: it's a little smaller and doesn't have the wraparound lip like the original antenna base seal, but it's made of a very stretchable rubber and if you have experience wrestling the headlight ring seals into place you could probably get this to work. Wink
iowegian Premium Member
Samba Curmudgeon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking to buy a new replacement seal for Ghia radio antennae Reply with quote

I might have a good used one, Bill, that I would gift you if you want it. Let me check.
BulliBill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking to buy a new replacement seal for Ghia radio antennae Reply with quote

Hell, that would be awesome! I just want to find something a bit nicer than what I've got left in the photos of my Ghia.

Thanks buddy! And if that seal has been reproduced (hard to believe that there aren't a bunch of us who need 'em) that would be cool too.

Bill
Thornton VW - Stockton

Thanks for any help!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
iowegian Premium Member
Samba Curmudgeon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking to buy a new replacement seal for Ghia radio antennae Reply with quote

BulliBill wrote:
Hell, that would be awesome! I just want to find something a bit nicer that what I've got left in the photos of my Ghia.

Thanks buddy! And if that seal has been reproduced (hard to believe that there aren't a bunch of us who need 'em) that would be cool too.

Bill

Check your PM and send me your address
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Ghia All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: