Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

LT headlights on Vanagon
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
What2do
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:14 pm    Post subject: Re: LT headlights on Vanagon Reply with quote

In the next day or two I will take some pics as I'm hoping to pull the grilles off and treat some rust.
What2do
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:25 pm    Post subject: Re: LT headlights on Vanagon Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
What2do
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:28 pm    Post subject: Re: LT headlights on Vanagon Reply with quote

What2do
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:30 pm    Post subject: Re: LT headlights on Vanagon Reply with quote

What2do
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:31 pm    Post subject: Re: LT headlights on Vanagon Reply with quote

What2do
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:33 pm    Post subject: Re: LT headlights on Vanagon Reply with quote

What2do
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:35 pm    Post subject: Re: LT headlights on Vanagon Reply with quote

I hope these pics show how the lamp units fit within the grill. Soon to be tearing bits off the van in readiness for a respray, I'll take plenty of photos of the brackets and fittings if anyone is interested.
tjet Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:26 pm    Post subject: Re: LT headlights on Vanagon Reply with quote

Looks good.

Can you take a pic of the entire front?

Also, that broken left hand lens part # is BAU4481. The right side is BAU4482. Both are the correct for the UK with the correct RHD dip

Note, the site below incorrectly lists the 4481 as a LHD, but that's a typo. It's actually a RHD lens. The 4483 & 4484 are the only LHD US spec lenses

http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/Item--i-BAU4481
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
What2do
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:06 pm    Post subject: Re: LT headlights on Vanagon Reply with quote

Excuse the crappy tinwork, just started on prepping for welding/spraying.
Datico
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2018 2:04 pm    Post subject: Re: LT headlights on vanagon Reply with quote

tjet wrote:
New Rover headlights form Spain eBay. Not my idea. It was Syncro Dai. (see link below)

Now to install the driver side.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=448324&highlight=syncro+dai

How u find them in ebay? i can find those Sad
Crankey
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2022 9:44 am    Post subject: Re: LT headlights on Vanagon Reply with quote

Bump ! 😁

I have the lights and a grill.

I haven't read what people are using as a mount for the lights...standard square eye bucket with mods ?

Ahh ! Found the link tjet, thanks. ,👍😊

Also wondering if anyone has found an led bulb for the rover lamps.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
tjet Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2022 1:19 pm    Post subject: Re: LT headlights on Vanagon Reply with quote

When I attempted to install the Rover headlights in my syncro, I ran into difficulty on the driver side. The speedo cable and a harness was in the way. Note, this may be different on a 2wd van. I ended up shelving the project until I pull the dash out to access and correct this. I bought a few extra glass lenes through Rimmer Bros. The part # for a LHD lens is above in my previous reply. As for the mount, it's not worth cutting up the factory vanagon HL bucket. My plan is to wrap the backside to create a rigid fiberglass mold, and run a lip up at the front side of the headlight. It would look like this speaker bucket below. You will need to trim down some extra plastic on the backside of those Rover lights.

https://images.crutchfieldonline.com/ImageHandler/...380-f.jpeg

Right now, my syncro is on the back burner while I'm restoring another project vehicle (see bottom links).

Current farm truck project.

https://www.binderplanet.com/forums/index.php?attachments/img_20210928_120006-jpg.214653/
https://www.binderplanet.com/forums/index.php?attachments/img_20210928_114439-jpg.214601/

Check out the telephone # on that stakebed wood tag Cool

https://www.binderplanet.com/forums/index.php?attachments/img_20210928_114446-jpg.214602/
Crankey
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2022 7:26 pm    Post subject: Re: LT headlights on Vanagon Reply with quote

That phone number 😆

Well...too late I've bought a set of brackets. 😐🤪
Someone used them and cut out the whole central area. When I get my rig back I'll look into it, along with 15 other projects. But I got the grill and the proper rhd light housings.

I'm 2wd so maybe I'll get lucky and it'll be easier.. I'm mostly married to my custom round eye grill but this mod looked so cool I wanted to try it. I'd like to end up with a formed lexan lens cover which means I'd be trying g to push it all back as far as I can. Could be asking too much. I haven't ever held the parts roughly in place to see the problems.

Somewhere I read old 'rocco headlight fit laterally but are narrow top to bottom.
That might leave room for a turn signal stripe of LEDs underneath ? 🤔

I really have much better things to do.

@Datico I got my lights off eBay. I had them saved for over a year in watched items.
I just waited for the price to drop to my tolerance for unnecessary projects.
tjet Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2022 4:41 pm    Post subject: Re: LT headlights on Vanagon Reply with quote

Got any pics of the brackets for those rover lamps?

Yeah I like your current round light setup & custom grille. Make sure you put my name on the top of the list if you ever want to sell it Smile
Crankey
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2022 7:03 pm    Post subject: Re: LT headlights on Vanagon Reply with quote

I found a picture showing the standard vanagon square eye bracket with a sharpie line where to cut.
Basically cutting everything out inside the space defined by the adjuster holes.
I can look for this picture and post it here later.

I can give you a pic showing the basic idea of how to mod a round eye grill like what I did.
I want to say it's not that difficult but then I fit parts and fabricate for a living so who knows...people do things here all the time that are way beyond my skill or energy.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: