Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official whine about Buses and parts for sale
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2425, 2426, 2427 ... 2708, 2709, 2710  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
broozebrothers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Skim wrote:
mike-buggsbuggy wrote:
why does it look like everybody wants to trade their collection of "more value than listed stuff" for pre 67 DC?
Sell that stuff yourself and bring the cash!!!

Quite a few WTB DC ads these days.

Because Trucks are Baddass !.. doubles and singles
62DoKaGuy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

broozebrothers wrote:
Skim wrote:
mike-buggsbuggy wrote:
why does it look like everybody wants to trade their collection of "more value than listed stuff" for pre 67 DC?

x2 - we’ve had three DCs and one SC in my family (still have ‘em minus one DC). Oddly, all DCs are/were 62s...indeed, they are badass.

4/62 Double Cab
5/61 Panel (sold)
4/59 Single Cab (sold)
norcalmike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:51 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

62DoKaGuy wrote:
broozebrothers wrote:
Skim wrote:
mike-buggsbuggy wrote:

x2 - we’ve had three DCs and one SC in my family (still have ‘em minus one DC). Oddly, all DCs are/were 62s...indeed, they are badass.

I still get the "is the DC for sale" inquiries even on my instagram. CAnt blame them for trying. Unfortunately for them, they will have to wait until I die. Even then, my wife claims she will keep my truck after im gone.
BlastMasterMannyFresh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:58 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

norcalmike wrote:
62DoKaGuy wrote:
broozebrothers wrote:
Skim wrote:
mike-buggsbuggy wrote:

I still get the "is the DC for sale" inquiries even on my instagram. CAnt blame them for trying. Unfortunately for them, they will have to wait until I die. Even then, my wife claims she will keep my truck after im gone.

funny thing is, everyone wants to buy a doublecab, until you have one for sale, then suddenly, NOBODY wants to buy one .
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

mannys66 wrote:
norcalmike wrote:
62DoKaGuy wrote:
broozebrothers wrote:
Skim wrote:
mike-buggsbuggy wrote:

funny thing is, everyone wants to buy a doublecab, until you have one for sale, then suddenly, NOBODY wants to buy one .

I'd like a nice original one, or a good solid base to build on. my last one was a polished turd of a hack job, and I was lucky to get most of what I put into it. It looked cool...
Skim
Rants Master

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Erik G wrote:

I'd like a nice original one, or a good solid base to build on. my last one was a polished turd of a hack job, and I was lucky to get most of what I put into it. It looked cool...

Your old dove blue bullet one looked really good. Where did that one end up going to?
1954 Sunroof
1959 Lowlight Ghia vert
1960 Lt Grey Double Cab SMZ LEGIT
1963 Deluxe Turkis Walk Thru 15 Window OG Paint
sled
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

is there anyone in the entire world who would trade a double cab, or 21 window, or double door, or split-camper for this giant pile of shit!?

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2239462

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Skim wrote:
Erik G wrote:

Your old dove blue bullet one looked really good. Where did that one end up going to?

someone in the Philippians paid for it, all I know is it was picked up and sent to Los Angeles. good riddance, what a mess. I bought it as ready to drive, it was a death trap like a tweeker half assed everything just to get paid

life goes on, that dude still sells buses here. I learned my lesson

here is an example. Took the wheel off to find the worst looking drum I've ever seen (I actually kept it as a reminder) that is fresh grease with old grease not cleaned, the race is rusty and pitted and chunks of the race missing

Every. Single. Part of the truck was hack work like this. It took thousands of dollars in parts and a significant amt of nights and weekends to make it safe enough to sell in good conscience. All while I was in and out of the hospital

so what did I do? washed my hands and bought a Porsche that needed almost the same amt of work Laughing

EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

sled wrote:
is there anyone in the entire world who would trade a double cab, or 21 window, or double door, or split-camper for this giant pile of shit!?

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2239462

No.

Quote:
this trike will bring 6 figures at auction

Worth 6 figures at auction but selling it for $25K?
BS. Take it to auction, no one would throw away $75K if that were true
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bubba
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Not really a bitch on price.. But upper vents on a Kombi? Hacked panel?
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2239584
curtain Bungee cords for SO23, 22, 33 ,34 ,35
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1587591
Clara Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Erik G wrote:
mannys66 wrote:
norcalmike wrote:
62DoKaGuy wrote:
broozebrothers wrote:
Skim wrote:
mike-buggsbuggy wrote:

Took a while to sell the one I had. Problem IMO was its ugly paint job like a Ford F-350.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/8423892@N04/albums/72157625357756204
Asked $7995 in 2010 took a while to sell. It was supposed to be a driver when I bought it, but we had to fix a lot. Sort of broke even if my time is worth $5/hour. It wasn't dry, or og paint, but was a pretty decent driver when I sold it.
Buyer painted it.

It was fun to play with and drove it a lot that summer. You could talk with people in the back seat. Smile
mandraks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

bubba wrote:

i think all the buses in portugal were like that, imported as panels, then locally converted to kombis. Portuguese seats and all.

Uli

----------------------------------------
'53 3-Fold Oval, L35 Metallic Blue, looking for a narrow hatch panel
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

mandraks wrote:
bubba wrote:

i think all the buses in portugal were like that, imported as panels, then locally converted to kombis. Portuguese seats and all.

Yes, I was thinking that too.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
derRHDmeister
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
mandraks wrote:
bubba wrote:

is that og L345? if so, is that pretty early for that color code to show up? I know they are pretty common after 1959.

unclespanky wrote:
Piercy could dip those wheel cylinders between his cheek and gums and spit them out rebuilt.

Check us out @
Instagram: DeafVolks & BarndoorBuggy
Okie Adam
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:30 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
mandraks wrote:
bubba wrote:

That's a pretty legit panel to kombi conversion. It looks like the inner window panels were installed instead of just hacking in windows. I'm not saying this in doubting that it is a conversion but rather I'm just impressed!
62 Single Cab
66 21window
67 so42
76 Westy
64 Karmann Ghia
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
thom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:31 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

sled wrote:

Quote:

An easy 6-figures - to the right of the decimal
1957 23-Window Deluxe
1957 Mercedes Westfalia single cab
1963 Unimog 404
1965 E-Type
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
62DoKaGuy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:52 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

thom wrote:
sled wrote:

Quote:

This abortion prompts the question, "what day did the Lord create [this], and couldn't he have rested on that day too?"

I have a 1:24 scale double cab I would consider trading for this, so I would not be in too deep, when it goes careening off a steep cliff...then again, it's a really well-done model, so nevermind.

4/62 Double Cab
5/61 Panel (sold)
4/59 Single Cab (sold)
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:51 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Okie Adam wrote:
EverettB wrote:
mandraks wrote:
bubba wrote:

That's a pretty legit panel to kombi conversion. It looks like the inner window panels were installed instead of just hacking in windows. I'm not saying this in doubting that it is a conversion but rather I'm just impressed!

My understanding is they got a "kit" from VW.
This was to support local workers, who would do some assembly and manufacturing (seats) in Portugal.
western auto
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:09 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

62DoKaGuy wrote:
thom wrote:
sled wrote:

Quote:

This abortion prompts the question, "what day did the Lord create [this], and couldn't he have rested on that day too?"

I have a 1:24 scale double cab I would consider trading for this, so I would not be in too deep, when it goes careening off a steep cliff...then again, it's a really well-done model, so nevermind.
I really dig the center steering/seating steup ,the builder knew when you show up to the tavern in that rig you leave with a chick on both sides , and when you pass out at the stoplight you also have a place to crash Laughing
crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:34 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

I remember the problems with that bus. I was glad to see it fixed but you were definitely misled on that one.

Erik G wrote:
Skim wrote:
Erik G wrote:

someone in the Philippians paid for it, all I know is it was picked up and sent to Los Angeles. good riddance, what a mess. I bought it as ready to drive, it was a death trap like a tweeker half assed everything just to get paid

life goes on, that dude still sells buses here. I learned my lesson

here is an example. Took the wheel off to find the worst looking drum I've ever seen (I actually kept it as a reminder) that is fresh grease with old grease not cleaned, the race is rusty and pitted and chunks of the race missing

Every. Single. Part of the truck was hack work like this. It took thousands of dollars in parts and a significant amt of nights and weekends to make it safe enough to sell in good conscience. All while I was in and out of the hospital

so what did I do? washed my hands and bought a Porsche that needed almost the same amt of work Laughing

HamburgerBrad wrote:

I slept on crofty's tent once. I passed out drunk from two bottles of Everett's brother's wine.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2425, 2426, 2427 ... 2708, 2709, 2710  Next
Jump to:
Page 2426 of 2710

Jump to: