Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Help me identify these Recaro seats
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Porsche - 911/912/914 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
hanksjim1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Help me identify these Recaro seats Reply with quote

They are Porsche seats...I was just kidding about the knob...

Last edited by hanksjim1 on Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Starbucket
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Help me identify these Recaro seats Reply with quote

Is the trans a 4 speed or 5 speed (4 speed reverse is down and back, 5 speed is down and forward)? The motor and trans are worth the most money or find a Porsche or VW/Karman Ghia and put them in it.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Help me identify these Recaro seats Reply with quote

Starbucket wrote:
EverettB wrote:
Starbucket wrote:
The only problem is if he sells to anyone not living in Spain, the shipping, Duty, and Customs paper work where he has to declare the value will probably add another $1000 to the price. They are missing the Recaro badge as pictured in the 911R so they are recovered or knock offs.

Are you saying Spain has export taxes or are you referring to other European countries? Just curious if Spain is different as I've never bought anything from there.

You are generally fine in the USA - there are no extra fees buying parts from overseas beyond shipping costs.

I don't know if Spain has one but when it hits the US and they see the value the Buyer will have to pay Duty. Shipping will be outrageous as I shipped two bare 356 heads to Potrurgal? and it cost the buyer $120.00 and the crate those seats will be in will take up more space and weigh more.

Ok, I guess that has to do with the value.
I've never paid duty on anything but I've never bought anything that expensive. Or anything declared to be that expensive. Wink

Sorry for the Off Topic stuff BTW, just interested
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ruvwen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:37 am    Post subject: Re: Help me identify these Recaro seats Reply with quote

Starbucket wrote:
Is the trans a 4 speed or 5 speed (4 speed reverse is down and back, 5 speed is down and forward)? The motor and trans are worth the most money or find a Porsche or VW/Karman Ghia and put them in it.

The trans is 4-speed

A 400kg buggy with a 95hp Porsche engine is big fun so no plans whatsoever to remove the engine or trans

Also this buggy is a piece of VW/porsche history in Spain so happy to keep it the way it was originally built

With the seats I am being very pragmatic. Help a friend, replace the recaro seats for perfect copies that cost only a fraction and free some cash which I can use to finish the buggy and put it back on the road
Starbucket
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Help me identify these Recaro seats Reply with quote

Post a picture it sounds great. I would buy some comfortable seats Laughing
hanksjim1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Help me identify these Recaro seats Reply with quote

Good luck with the sale!
EFP-AirCooled
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Help me identify these Recaro seats Reply with quote

Those seem to be early (Pre-1970) sport recaros. A buddy of mine bought some for his MX61 Cresta Kaido Racer. He paid 500,000 yen ($5000) for his 2 years ago.

Hope this helps.
Jos.Hall
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:14 am    Post subject: Re: Help me identify these Recaro seats Reply with quote

If the original poster hasn't figured it out yet they are very rare recaro seats. To call them "Sport Seats" is incorrect. Sport Seats are MUCH bulkier and heavier. They were made more for touring than racing.

The seats you have are referred to as 911R seats. Yours appear to be in original trim. One thing to note is that early 911 seats NEVER had a recaro badge on them from the factory. Your seats could've been ordered as an option in '68 as part of the sport package.

The market has slowed down on seats as they have every other part of the Porsche parts biz but they are still valuable. In todays market you'd be good to get 6k for the pair. 2 years ago, it would've been 10k :/ Everythings just super slow.

For the people who thought these were 914 seats.... be thankful you did your homework before selling them for $500 Shocked

ps. Let me know if you do come up with a price Smile
ruvwen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Help me identify these Recaro seats Reply with quote

Jos.Hall wrote:
If the original poster hasn't figured it out yet they are very rare recaro seats. To call them "Sport Seats" is incorrect. Sport Seats are MUCH bulkier and heavier. They were made more for touring than racing.

The seats you have are referred to as 911R seats. Yours appear to be in original trim. One thing to note is that early 911 seats NEVER had a recaro badge on them from the factory. Your seats could've been ordered as an option in '68 as part of the sport package.

The market has slowed down on seats as they have every other part of the Porsche parts biz but they are still valuable. In todays market you'd be good to get 6k for the pair. 2 years ago, it would've been 10k :/ Everythings just super slow.

For the people who thought these were 914 seats.... be thankful you did your homework before selling them for $500 Shocked

Thanks for your feedback Josh. Much appreciated.
For the time being I am leaving them in the Porsche-powered buggy as this was the way it was intended by the guy who built the car in 1970! Laughing
52 Pre-A convertible
53 11G
54 113
54 151
54 Pre-A
58 typ14
61 typ14 convertible
ruvwen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Help me identify these Recaro seats Reply with quote

Jos.Hall wrote:

Jos, I have opened a specific post on the buggy. Hope you like it Smile
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=9170302#9170302
52 Pre-A convertible
53 11G
54 113
54 151
54 Pre-A
58 typ14
61 typ14 convertible
ruvwen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:24 am    Post subject: Re: Help me identify these Recaro seats Reply with quote

So in the end I opted for leaving them in the car they belong since 1970! Smile Smile

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

52 Pre-A convertible
53 11G
54 113
54 151
54 Pre-A
58 typ14
61 typ14 convertible
Jos.Hall
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:48 am    Post subject: Re: Help me identify these Recaro seats Reply with quote

Great to hear Ruvwen! They look perfect in there especially with that rear seat.

definitely one of the coolest buggies I've ever seen. If i could only do one thing to it, I'd put in an Empi riverside 500 steering wheel. They're the same as a Porsche 911/912 steering wheel only with a vw hub.

Smile

'67 L41 Sedan 117333192
'67 L41 Vert 157343589
'67 L19K Vert 157452166
'67 L19K Vert ??????
'67 L282 Vert 157419653
'67 L620 Sedan 117534350 (Sold)
'67 L54 Vert 15745800 (Parted out)
'52 Split based Devin
ruvwen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:57 am    Post subject: Re: Help me identify these Recaro seats Reply with quote

Jos.Hall wrote:
Great to hear Ruvwen! They look perfect in there especially with that rear seat.

definitely one of the coolest buggies I've ever seen. If i could only do one thing to it, I'd put in an Empi riverside 500 steering wheel. They're the same as a Porsche 911/912 steering wheel only with a vw hub.

Smile

Thanks a lot for your comments Jos.

I am planning on restoring the original steering wheel, which I did not figure out yet what brand or model it is (it does not have any markings anywhere). I was suspecting it was also Porsche-related (given the general Porsche load of parts the car was originally equipped) but I think this is not the case with the steering wheel

52 Pre-A convertible
53 11G
54 113
54 151
54 Pre-A
58 typ14
61 typ14 convertible
Bulli1970
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 3:37 am    Post subject: Re: Help me identify these Recaro seats Reply with quote

Hi, I found your topic moved a few years ago about the Recaro seats on this forum. I must admit that your seats fit perfectly to your VW Buggy. ST seats would look beatiful too. Thoughts?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Porsche - 911/912/914 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: