Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

53 bug body on late model pan
Forum Index -> Beetle - Split-Window/1938-53 VWs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
1beachman1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:55 pm    Post subject: 53 bug body on late model pan Reply with quote

I have a 1975 bug I am fixing up. I have been presented with the opportunity to buy a 1953 split window body only. Will this fit on the 1975 bug chassis.

Thanks in advance for a response
Humberto lapa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:20 pm    Post subject: Re: 53 bug body on late model pan Reply with quote

As long as it’s not a super beetle chassi, it will fit
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
1beachman1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:48 pm    Post subject: Re: 53 bug body on late model pan Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply. It is not a SB. I thought it would match up but was just looking for further confirmation. I will go and take a look at it over the weekend.

Thanks again.
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:16 pm    Post subject: Re: 53 bug body on late model pan Reply with quote

Check these similar threads for info that might help you:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=712177
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=621230
Martin Southwell
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:30 pm    Post subject: Re: 53 bug body on late model pan Reply with quote

Seems a shame for the body to have survived this length of time, not to find itself on something a bit more period than that proposed, say something with at least 5 bolt wheels. Any idea what happened to the original chassis? It's not every day a split body comes up for sale by itself.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwoldbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:57 pm    Post subject: Re: 53 bug body on late model pan Reply with quote

Maybe somebody is building a dune buggy !
Keith
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:32 pm    Post subject: Re: 53 bug body on late model pan Reply with quote

Humberto lapa wrote:
As long as it’s not a super beetle chassi, it will fit

Yes and no. It will fit if you modify the body of the bug. Early and late chassis have different body mounting heights from each other.

"I firmly believe that some villagers from Botswana could probably build a better road than PennDot."- Splitty

"If you do anything to your car someone will hate on you for it. People absolutely love to complain and find fault with others. Don't let it bother you. Just live and have fun."- Lind
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Split-Window/1938-53 VWs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: