Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Looking for replacement fuel tank
Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hawaii56rag
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:33 am    Post subject: Looking for replacement fuel tank Reply with quote

Hi, I am new to the forum and wanted to ask if anyone could direct me in finding a replacement fuel tank for a 1956 beetle. I have searched the forums and the internet but could not find any direct replacements. I’m in Hawaii so our local options are very limited.
jason
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:22 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for replacement fuel tank Reply with quote

Search the classifieds for “gas tank”, at least 5 for sale.
Hawaii56rag
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:17 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for replacement fuel tank Reply with quote

Thanks, I’ll search again. Must have missed it or I’m blind!
jason
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for replacement fuel tank Reply with quote

Hump back may help narrow it down
Russ
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:08 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for replacement fuel tank Reply with quote

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2200251
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2226636
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2195125
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2080736

unless your in a panic i would keep trying locally and see what pops up as shipping may get pricy
good luck and welcome to the forum
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Hawaii56rag
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:07 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for replacement fuel tank Reply with quote

Thanks guys, I found one locally but it’s in the same condition as mine. I was hoping to find a company that sold new ones but looks like they only carry the later models.
txoval
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:49 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for replacement fuel tank Reply with quote

It’s odd that you can buy a new 53-55 fuel tank and even a new Zwitter fuel tank but not a Hump Back...

The 53-55 versions would be neat in your car...$199

This is your other option:

https://www.gastankrenu.com

They are the best and did my 54 tank. Shipping may kill you though...there are two shops in California though
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
don1357
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for replacement fuel tank Reply with quote

What's wrong with the current tank that you think is not repairable? That would be the first thing to consider.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: