Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

3 ridge hood design
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
62kellison
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:54 am    Post subject: 3 ridge hood design Reply with quote

once in a while I put this out there hoping some new person with info will read it.I have the 3 ridge hood design if anyone has any info on it.I am pretty sure its a kellison sandpiper roadster the body matches everywhere except the hood..yes I have checked dune buggy archives and sambas ID archive with no luck yet.thanx SEAN....I am just curious,the hood does have the factory color (gelcoat) like the rest of the body..1 piece hood and dash.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Dale M.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:25 am    Post subject: Re: 3 ridge hood design Reply with quote

Not sure if your buggy body is a Kellsion.... I have what I believe is a Sand Piper Roadster and the back area over carburetor is different from yours.... Mine does not have the flat top edge of tub out over carburetor, my has a roll down to the a bump out just like a real Manx has.... Mine also has a single rib down the hood...

Dale

"Kellison Sand Piper Roadster" For Street & Show.
"Joe Pody Sandrover" Buggy with 2180 for Autocross (Sold)
============================================================
All suggestions and advice are purely my own opinion. You are free to ignore them if you wish ...
62kellison
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:09 am    Post subject: Re: 3 ridge hood design Reply with quote

do u have tubes under on both sides Dale for wiring?.like the manx?.I have tubes on both sides also.thanx Sean
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
62kellison
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:10 am    Post subject: Re: 3 ridge hood design Reply with quote

any info is good info,thanx Dale.I also have the flat plate sort of side pods with the "mud flap" attached to them.just have not re installed yet.

Last edited by 62kellison on Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
goodsofar
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:43 pm    Post subject: Re: 3 ridge hood design Reply with quote

Looks a lot like mine, but my dash and hood are separate pieces.
I haven't been able to tell for sure what mine is.

62kellison
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:11 pm    Post subject: Re: 3 ridge hood design Reply with quote

goodsofar mine has a groove/seam all the way around the dash under windshield and up the sides.it looks like it could of been glued together hard to tell.didnt know if its been glued or it was from the mold.it may have been glued together onto the hood. thanx sean
slalombuggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:41 am    Post subject: Re: 3 ridge hood design Reply with quote

Unless they used a mold that separated to get the hood out, the hood and dash would have to be 2 separate pieces or it would be locked in the mold by the protrusion on the dash and the fact that the front of the hood curls back. So chances are the hood and dash are glued together.

brad
62kellison
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:29 pm    Post subject: Re: 3 ridge hood design Reply with quote

thanks for the info Brad and the search continues.lol Sean...
Wheeler72
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:44 pm    Post subject: Re: 3 ridge hood design Reply with quote

I have the same buggy and hood. No info on it.

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: