Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

XZN bit (13mm) for brake caliper
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaveG303
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:07 am    Post subject: XZN bit (13mm) for brake caliper Reply with quote

I’m trying to find a 13mm triple square/xzn bit for removing the brake caliper from a 2009 Jetta (2.5 L w/ Manual transmission). Local dealers say they don’t sell them, VW’s online help couldn’t locate one and every vendor i’ve checked only has 12 and 14mm bits. Any idea where I could order one?

Thanks!
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:16 pm    Post subject: Re: XZN bit (13mm) for brake caliper Reply with quote

DaveG303 wrote:
I’m trying to find a 13mm triple square/xzn bit for removing the brake caliper from a 2009 Jetta (2.5 L w/ Manual transmission).

Where did you obtain information that 13mm triple square/xzn is required? I'd expect every brake shop and ASE garage would have seen plenty of Jettas by now, and have the correct tool.
1970 VW (owned since 1972) and 1971 VW Convertible (owned since 1976), second owner of each. The '71 now has the 1835 engine, swapped from the '70. Second owner of each. 1988 Mazda B2200 truck, 1998 Frontier, 2014 Yukon, 2004 Frontier King Cab. All manual transmission except for the Yukon. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335294 http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335297
jason
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:37 pm    Post subject: Re: XZN bit (13mm) for brake caliper Reply with quote

Everything I see says its a 14mm. I dont even see a 13mm for sale.
coad Premium Member
Samba Scapegoat

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:24 am    Post subject: Re: XZN bit (13mm) for brake caliper Reply with quote

$10.89 From Mac Tools:

https://www.mactools.com/en-us/Sockets/Specialty-B...river-13mm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:04 pm    Post subject: Re: XZN bit (13mm) for brake caliper Reply with quote

Wow - it does exist !!! Seems like this was purposely designed so most folks could not attempt such repair themselves.

Like our 1994 Suburban fuel filter needed 16mm and 20mm open end wrenches, sizes not generally included in sets, and with no close standard equivalent. And my 1988 Mazda B2200 truck requires a 23mm socket for a few things, like 22mm or 24mm wasn't able to be used instead??? So I have those now.
1970 VW (owned since 1972) and 1971 VW Convertible (owned since 1976), second owner of each. The '71 now has the 1835 engine, swapped from the '70. Second owner of each. 1988 Mazda B2200 truck, 1998 Frontier, 2014 Yukon, 2004 Frontier King Cab. All manual transmission except for the Yukon. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335294 http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335297
pyrOman
Fire Master

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:15 pm    Post subject: Re: XZN bit (13mm) for brake caliper Reply with quote

Cusser wrote:
Wow - it does exist !!! Seems like this was purposely designed so most folks could not attempt such repair themselves.

Like our 1994 Suburban fuel filter needed 16mm and 20mm open end wrenches, sizes not generally included in sets, and with no close standard equivalent. And my 1988 Mazda B2200 truck requires a 23mm socket for a few things, like 22mm or 24mm wasn't able to be used instead??? So I have those now.

Ever worked on an Audi? Them forkers required a special tool for just about anything you have to work on! You HAVE to buy each tool to get the task done. Another different task, yet another different tool. And after acquiring all these different tools, none will be needed to work on any other vehicle BUT an forkin Audi!🙄
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: