Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Newbee
Forum Index -> Eurovan Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Capt Ken
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:31 pm    Post subject: Newbee Reply with quote

Just purchased a 95 Weekender. Lots to do on it. Reading the owners manual says to only use authorized VW fluids. Is there a list somewhere of non VW fluids? Antifreeze, PS, Brakes, etc. Havent looked yet, but assume it uses R134 in the AC. What is the preferred maintenance manual? I think I read somewhere that the Chilton was very poor.
Broseph Stalin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Newbee Reply with quote

Capt Ken wrote:
Just purchased a 95 Weekender. Lots to do on it. Reading the owners manual says to only use authorized VW fluids. Is there a list somewhere of non VW fluids? Antifreeze, PS, Brakes, etc. Havent looked yet, but assume it uses R134 in the AC. What is the preferred maintenance manual? I think I read somewhere that the Chilton was very poor.

I think you'll be fine with quality aftermarket fluids.
'03 EVC Winnie, 2018, Sold
VAEV1993
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:46 am    Post subject: Re: Newbee Reply with quote

Should be R134a, yes.

The Bentley manual is the go-to for most folks around here:
http://www.busdepot.com/bentleyvv99

Hope you enjoy your van.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
calo1956
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:04 am    Post subject: Re: Newbee Reply with quote

Welcome Capt Ken! You will find a wealth of knowledge here, not necessarily from me, but from the samba family. Me, i just wanted to welcome you to the family.
IdeaNerd
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Newbee Reply with quote

Welcome aboard, Capt Ken! Looking forward to seeing your posts and questions.
It's a great group of helpful people here. Ask away! ...and enjoy that van! Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Capt Ken
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Newbee Reply with quote

Thanks, Bentley on order. Used one extensively on my old BMW. Found one on Ebay, few bucks cheaper than busdepot, free shipping.

The handle comes from my obtaining my USCG capt license. Summer time is spent playing with my cars and sailboat. Rest of the stable includes a 99 MB e320. 01 Grand Cherokee, and the real toy, 73 Vette.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Eurovan All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: