Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Bus Parts near Lower Mainland BC?
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
dumptuck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:47 pm    Post subject: Bus Parts near Lower Mainland BC? Reply with quote

Hey everyone,
I'm trying to figure out if there's any wrecking yards/recyclers near Vancouver BC that might still have some bus parts. I've tried searching google, but all these old websites with their individual part search systems are making my head spin Confused Figured it would probably be easier to ask on here.

Thanks!
busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Bus Parts near Lower Mainland BC? Reply with quote

It's been 15 years + since I've seen a bus (or any ACVW) in a wrecking yard here, the cost of real estate and the never ending supply of new wrecks means the turnover is fairly quick and nobody has the time to keep an old shell around that may bring in $50 every month or three. And Mother Nature claimed them all back long ago, no business keeps a rustbucket now, they need to make room for that 2016 Mercedes that pays for itself by selling a single headlight.

Southern Washington is the closest you'll find now https://www.averysaircooled.com/ , it's not even a yard any more, there's a few other wreckers in NW WA that may get one in now and then, you'll have to get your Google on and phone around.

If it's a particular part you are after post a WTB ad on www.airspeedparts.com , there's more than one private stash around, or someone who knows where one is.

Please don't PM technical questions, ask your problem in public so everyone can play along. If you think it's too stupid post it here
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!

Слава Україні!
dumptuck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Bus Parts near Lower Mainland BC? Reply with quote

busdaddy wrote:
It's been 15 years + since I've seen a bus (or any ACVW) in a wrecking yard here, the cost of real estate and the never ending supply of new wrecks means the turnover is fairly quick and nobody has the time to keep an old shell around that may bring in $50 every month or three. And Mother Nature claimed them all back long ago, no business keeps a rustbucket now, they need to make room for that 2016 Mercedes that pays for itself by selling a single headlight.

Southern Washington is the closest you'll find now https://www.averysaircooled.com/ , it's not even a yard any more, there's a few other wreckers in NW WA that may get one in now and then, you'll have to get your Google on and phone around.

If it's a particular part you are after post a WTB ad on www.airspeedparts.com , there's more than one private stash around, or someone who knows where one is.

Hey thanks for the info! Too bad that they’re mostly absent from wrecking yards now, but I guess that’s to be expected. Also thanks for the link to airspeed, I completely forgot about that page! That will definitely be useful.
Zelten
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Bus Parts near Lower Mainland BC? Reply with quote

Ken is located in Duvall WA. A lot closer than Averys Aircooled. And he is the new owner of Stuarts old bus. Very Happy

http://www.thebusco.com/
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: