Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Colorado Bay Owners?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 29, 30, 31  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
This page may contain links to eBay where the site receives compensation.
richparker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Colorado Bay Owners? Reply with quote

2019 4CORE July 26-28

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8976708#8976708
’65 Deluxe Build
’63 Deluxe Build
Manfred58sc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Colorado Bay Owners? Reply with quote

Looks like a fun adventure, make sure the brakes are in good working order! Maybe I can make it..
richparker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Colorado Bay Owners? Reply with quote

Been over 2 years since I’ve had a Manfred sighting. Come and have some VW fun with us.
’65 Deluxe Build
’63 Deluxe Build
camit34
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Colorado Bay Owners? Reply with quote

Nice! Penciled it in...
1967 Freedom Camper (SOLD)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
camit34
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:40 am    Post subject: Re: Colorado Bay Owners? Reply with quote

Last year on our Alabama / Florida trip the Bus miles rolled over. From all the info I have this is the 2nd rollover

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

And had to take a piggly wiggly photo for my mom who grow up in the south.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Manfred58sc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Colorado Bay Owners? Reply with quote

I remember my 6th roll over coming back from Denver in a Blizzard. The 3rd rollover was right as I pulled into work many years back. Don't remember 4, and 5, coming up on 7 in 6K more miles. Plus my odometer was not hooked up for about 4 months many years back.
camit34
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Colorado Bay Owners? Reply with quote

Manfred58sc wrote:
I remember my 6th roll over coming back from Denver in a Blizzard. The 3rd rollover was right as I pulled into work many years back. Don't remember 4, and 5, coming up on 7 in 6K more miles. Plus my odometer was not hooked up for about 4 months many years back.

Sheeeet... I have a ways to go to match that! NICE!
zwartePiets
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Colorado Bay Owners? Reply with quote

Manfred58sc wrote:
Drop the god-damned y'all ( about 700,000 K miles )

It's always fun going threw threads and finding decals I have sold. My buddy Matt came up with that one.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/123283107340
Manfred58sc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Colorado Bay Owners? Reply with quote

It fits!!! My tour Bears are almost gone, I put that sticker on at a show in 1990...traded an "Oaty" for a few stickers that day.
jmstu76
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:11 am    Post subject: Re: Colorado Bay Owners? Reply with quote

richparker wrote:
camit34 wrote:

Any update on this project?

Some. I pulled the engine, transaxle and axles. Engine is factory rebuilt and turns over with ease. Transaxle seems to be original with ~90k on it. CVs and the CV boots look great. I cleaned the interior up, removing all the left over stuff from the PO and vacuuming. Hoping to pull the steering box, gas tank this weekend before wither really hits. Purgatory Ski Resort recieved 3” yesterday, winter is on its way in the SW part of the state. 🎿. I’m gonna send the steering box to to Wolfgang to be rebuilt over the winter. I do not know the condition of the tank but i recieved the bus with no gas cap, so who knows. I’m planning on taking it to the local radiator shop and have it boiled if necessary.

My plan is to put my ‘68 up for sale in the beginning of March. Once it sells I’m gonna dump all that money into the ‘71. I foresee things moving along a lot quicker in the spring.

Hey Rich

I like seeing another Westy working its way back to being used for it's intended purpose. Do you have a build thread on this one?

'76 Deluxe Sage Green Westy
2258 cc GD case 78mm CW crank, 2.0 H-beam rods 5,325” 22mm pin, JE forged pistons with 15cc dish, JE rings, type 11 clearanced oil pump, CB Eagle 2205 Type-2 “Torque Special” hydraulic cam with matched lifters fed by CB Dual Weber 40 IDF MX with 6” foam air filters, currently 55 idle, 130 main, 200 air correction, 32 mm venturis. 27in General Grabber AT2 All Terrains, Berg Shifter, stock '76 exhaust HPC Ceramic Coated. 11/18/2020
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jtauxe Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Colorado Bay Owners? Reply with quote

Any of youse going to the Volkswagens on the Green show next month (19 May 2019)?

I'll be there, with the 4-door double cab, at the swap meet. I'm getting out of the refurbishment business, so will have lots of stuff to sell that I no longer need. Some of it is cool. I'll also be giving stuff away as long as someone convinces me that it is for a worthy project, and they're not just speculating on parts.
1969 Transporter, 1971 Westfalia, 1976, 1977, 1976, 1977, 1971, 1973, 1977 Westfalias,
1979 Champagne Sunroof, 1974 Westfalia Automatic, 1979 Transporter, 1972 Sportsmobile, 1973 Transporter Wild Westerner, 1974 Westfalia parts bus
, 1975 Mexican single cab *FOR SALE*, 1978 Irish 4-door double cab RHD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
yellowCOwesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:04 am    Post subject: Re: Colorado Bay Owners? Reply with quote

I have it on my calendar and am hoping to drive down from Fort Collins.

'78 Westy
Currently yellow and white "Sunny"
A few other air cooled VW and Porsches over the years
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
VWSunny72
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:30 am    Post subject: Re: Colorado Bay Owners? Reply with quote

Unfortunately, I can't make it...cousin's wedding in NY that weekend. I'm bummed because this is our first summer back in Colorado after four (long) years in SF. Are there any other worthy get shows this summer? I remember an Evergreen one a few years back but can't find anything on it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
richparker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Colorado Bay Owners? Reply with quote

VWSunny72 wrote:
Are there any other worthy get shows this summer?

We have 4CORE down here the last weekend in July. The link is posted above.
’65 Deluxe Build
’63 Deluxe Build
Manfred58sc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Colorado Bay Owners? Reply with quote

Painters grinding show coming up on the 3rd, no trophies or any such nonsense. Just good folks,food,tunes..highly recommended.
jtauxe Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 9:34 am    Post subject: Re: Colorado Bay Owners? Reply with quote

yellowCOwesty wrote:
I have it on my calendar and am hoping to drive down from Fort Collins.

Cool. I'll be in FoCo the weekend before, attending my daughter's graduation from CSU. Then driving to the show Sunday morning. I'll look out for you (in a yellow Westy?)
1969 Transporter, 1971 Westfalia, 1976, 1977, 1976, 1977, 1971, 1973, 1977 Westfalias,
1979 Champagne Sunroof, 1974 Westfalia Automatic, 1979 Transporter, 1972 Sportsmobile, 1973 Transporter Wild Westerner, 1974 Westfalia parts bus
, 1975 Mexican single cab *FOR SALE*, 1978 Irish 4-door double cab RHD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwwestyman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 12:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Colorado Bay Owners? Reply with quote

Hey all!

My wife and I are heading out on our (belated) honeymoon later this afternoon! Heading west from Kansas and going to spend a few days in Colorado and then on to Utah.

So if you see a brown and white Westy in the vicinity of I-70, well hopefully you either see it driving or maybe at a parking lot. But if we're pulled over on the side of the road, please stop! ha ha

President, Wild Westerner Club

1978 Champagne Edition Westy, repowered to '97 Jetta TDI
1973 Wild Westerner
My Thing
Manfred58sc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 7:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Colorado Bay Owners? Reply with quote

Safe travels , great time of year for mountain touring, Driving through Kansas is mind numbing,soul crushing, and very dangerous if you are sporting Colorado plates. Kansas plates in Colorado?? No problem!
Xevin Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 7:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Colorado Bay Owners? Reply with quote

vwwestyman wrote:
Hey all!

My wife and I are heading out on our (belated) honeymoon later this afternoon! Heading west from Kansas and going to spend a few days in Colorado and then on to Utah.

So if you see a brown and white Westy in the vicinity of I-70, well hopefully you either see it driving or maybe at a parking lot. But if we're pulled over on the side of the road, please stop! ha ha

Pictures or it didn’t happen Very Happy “If this bus is rockin’ ......” Wink Have a great journey.

Clatter wrote:
Damn that Xevin... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
I respect Xevin and he's a turd Razz

SGKent wrote:
My God! Xevin and I 100% agree Shocked
richparker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 8:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Colorado Bay Owners? Reply with quote

Xevin wrote:
vwwestyman wrote:
Hey all!

Pictures or it didn’t happen Very Happy “If this bus is rockin’ ......” Wink Have a great journey.

Safe travels!!!
’65 Deluxe Build
’63 Deluxe Build
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 29, 30, 31  Next
Jump to:
Page 22 of 31

Jump to: