Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Wolfsburg West repro vent window assembly
Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
lenny copp
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:39 pm    Post subject: Wolfsburg West repro vent window assembly Reply with quote

I have bought these and fitted them to a 54 oval. Awesome fit and finish!! Thanks Tony for another great product!! If we could logo the glass they would be perfect..

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
wildman1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how much? What is included? Shocked
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
KantDriveFast
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you give them your old factory glass, and have them built?

That would be sweet. Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
lenny copp
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://wolfsburgwest.com/cart/DetailsList.cfm?ID=113837605A
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
wildman1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any mods to fit into '55/down ribbed doors? I thought the vents were diff?

Thanks
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Russ
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the one you posted fits 56 an up...you were able to modify them for the earlier 54 no problems?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
lenny copp
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russ wrote:
the one you posted fits 56 an up...you were able to modify them for the earlier 54 no problems?

My mistake the car is a 57.. But I have modified original ones to fit 55 and earlier.
wildman1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DAMN!

Well, the '63 will enjoy some new vents soon. Wink
Eric Outland
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:37 pm    Post subject: Wolfsburgwest Reply with quote

Im liken the WW's vent window assy's. I wonder if Tony would consider just producing the frame, as to give the customer the option of using their original Glass? Will have to ask him about this.

These vent window assy's are priced right ($79.00 ea. 1956-64), and from the picture Lenny posted it looks like the fit is Sweet as well. Got to get me a pair! Cool
lenny copp
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Wolfsburgwest Reply with quote

Eric Outland wrote:
Im liken the WW's vent window assy's. I wonder if Tony would consider just producing the frame, as to give the customer the option of using their original Glass? Will have to ask him about this.

These vent window assy's are priced right ($79.00 ea. 1956-64), and from the picture Lenny posted it looks like the fit is Sweet as well. Got to get me a pair! Cool

I am sure you can change the glass if needed.
john7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whos in cahoots with who?
once again WW & EIS came out with the new products simultainously
http://eisparts.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?page=EIS/PROD/NP/113837606A

Slot Mag King!
I accept Paypal, CASH, GOLD, SILVER, COINS, GUNS & money orders.
Eric Outland
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:50 pm    Post subject: Wolfsburgwest Reply with quote

Yeah I figured the same thing Lenny ( Taking out old glass and and putting in into new assy), but for the guy who's got rusted out vent window frame's it would be nice just to buy the frame itself. I put an email into Tony at WW, about just selling the Vent window Frame! I'm wondering if it would be Cost effective to just produce the Vent Frame by itself. Cool
Deh Shark
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So those vent wings can fit in a 55 earlier doors?? I thought they were different!!

55 3 fold Ragtop
Manx Dune buggy 2387cc
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sunred64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wildman1 wrote:

Thanks

What mods need to be done for these to fit 55 ribbed doors? Arn't the vent locks diffrent also?
RareAir
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sunred64 wrote:
wildman1 wrote:

Thanks

What mods need to be done for these to fit 55 ribbed doors? Arn't the vent locks diffrent also?

Besides shortening the bottom pivot rod, the vent frame is the same. The vent locks on 1953-55 have a longer handle & don't have the curve that wraps around the little chrome latch.
If you're using a 1956-64 vent lock, just match it with a 1956-64 latch.
Rusties
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are also available at CIP as seen here http://www2.cip1.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=VWC%2D113%2D837%2D605%2DA

I confirmed it with them today and they are the same product as WW and look wicked!

I'm gonna grab a pair. Cheers.
Eric Outland
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply From Tony Moore at Wolfsburgwest! Reply with quote

Regarding my Comment above, I did manage to get ahold of Tony at WW, and asked the question about Just producing the Vent window Frame without the glass as to use original glass with the new Vent Frame. Here is Tony Reply and I Quote!

"Hello Eric.

I was out of the office much of last week thus the late reply. We looked at supplying the frame without the glass but found the price difference to be minimal. It was alway's my assumption that the people looking for original logoed glass would sandblast it in from a stencil. It would seem to me that on a flat windshield car it would make sense to go this route and match the logo on the back curved glass.

The 6 wire turn switches should be back in stock in the next month or so.

Best regards
Tony"

This thought never even Crossed my Mined yet seems to make alot of sense to Stencil in the original Logo By sand blasting the new glass in the new Vent window Frame.

Again I have to Thank Tony Moore At Wolfsburgwest for taking the time reply to my question's and enlightening me to this viable option! Thanks Tony Eric (VMR)
KantDriveFast
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply From Tony Moore at Wolfsburgwest! Reply with quote

Eric Outland wrote:
Regarding my Comment above, I did manage to get ahold of Tony at WW, and asked the question about Just producing the Vent window Frame without the glass as to use original glass with the new Vent Frame. Here is Tony Reply and I Quote!

"Hello Eric.

I was out of the office much of last week thus the late reply. We looked at supplying the frame without the glass but found the price difference to be minimal. It was alway's my assumption that the people looking for original logoed glass would sandblast it in from a stencil. It would seem to me that on a flat windshield car it would make sense to go this route and match the logo on the back curved glass.

The 6 wire turn switches should be back in stock in the next month or so.

Best regards
Tony"

This thought never even Crossed my Mined yet seems to make alot of sense to Stencil in the original Logo By sand blasting the new glass in the new Vent window Frame.

Again I have to Thank Tony Moore At Wolfsburgwest for taking the time reply to my question's and enlightening me to this viable option! Thanks Tony Eric (VMR)

Sorry, but If I have the original glass to my car, I'm using it! If I didn't have it, I would find some, not fake it with a stencil. Rolling Eyes
rogeliocv
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lenny copp wrote:
Russ wrote:

My mistake the car is a 57.. But I have modified original ones to fit 55 and earlier.

Does any one have the measurements to modify the ones from WW?
Thanks
lenny copp
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Wolfsburg West repro vent window assembly Reply with quote

If I remember right all that needs to be done is to shorten the rod and then grind a little off each side of the shaft so it fits in the slot.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: